Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 08 P7 drop out drama's
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

has any one had any problems with the sliding drop outs on there P7?

mine has started to rotate slightly under braking. i called orange and got a improved drop out sent to me and after a few days i snapped 2 bolts when braking.

i love this frame its ace!! and orange customer service has been top notch 100% helpful.

any tips?? thanks shaun

cynic-al
    Free Member

Clearly not that ace!

I don't know what to suggest – stronger bolts? Drill/tap to M6 or M8? (is this the frame with the M5 ones?)

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i dont want to start drilling it yet.

waiting for a email from orange as its still covered as i got it this year

coatesy
    Free Member

Is this a 3 bolt fitting on the new dropout?

bedmaker

Any tips?

Get one of these instead 🙂

Sliding dropouts just don't seem right to me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Decent ones are fantastic – way less faff bedmaker.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I sold my 08 P7 frame after getting fed up with the problems you described. I too got the updated dropouts but the tiny bolts are useless in stopping the plates rotating or slipping under load.

racefaceec90

i don't understand why orange would have such small bolts.was thinking about one of their p7 bikes a while ago,but those dropouts put me right off.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

yeah its the new 3 bolt thing.

waiting out for a email from orange.

the bike rides so nice. it flows well i have even done a few small dirt jumps on it.

i could understand if i was using 6 pot's but im not i have a set of juicy 3.5's

fingers crossed i can get this solved and add some good feed back about orange as so far they have done every thing to help me.

enfht
    Free Member

I did the mod to my 2008 P7 frame. Two bolts side by side didn't work at preventing movement so adding the third bolt to form a triangle sorted the problem. The new dropout, new drill bit and excuse to buy a torque wrench cost me a few bob but job done. No more movement. I didn't understand why Orange wanted money for their modified dropout given it was a design "feature" though. New frames have this mod as standard.
    Maybe they sent you a duff bolt, didn't they do the same for a mag review bike once?

anlegov
    Free Member

I have one of the older P7s with the bigger allen-head bolts, but it still isn't half as good as the much simpler chain-tug system on my Inbred. I have made a couple of modified versions with adjusting screws for the P7, but Orange's idea for holding these sliding dropouts is basically flawed. Shame really, otherwise a fine frame.

racefaceec90

i reckon you might like one of these new orange frames/bikes http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/2009bikes/bike.php?model_id=149 it looks bitchin!!!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

yeah looks ace!!

ill let you know what orange say when i get a email back!!

shaun

Jenga
    Free Member

Any news yet?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘08 P7 drop out drama's’ is closed to new replies.