Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • 1992 hardtail downhill nutters ….you have to see this! haha
  • RagRage
    Free Member

these guys will do anything to reach the end ..92 – 94 hardtail downhilling

swisstony
    Free Member

hilarious, i don’t think it’s much to do with the bikes, the riders are terrible!

RagRage
    Free Member

i know! check out the lycra aswell ..fantastic

Hairychested
    Free Member

My eyes! Didn’t they have mirrors back in the 90’s?

neilforrow

the best bit of vid i have seen in ages. they took some hard knocks..

RagRage
    Free Member

i like it how the crowd run for there lives when a rider is coming down the first section ….then they just laugh when a rider comes off …classic

carbon337
    Free Member

Some pretty heavy crashes. I like it.

rangerbill

The next person who says bike geometry/tyres/brakes/fashion were better in the 90s…can we force them to sit and watch that!

rangerbill

The next person who says bike geometry/tyres/brakes/fashion were better in the 90s…can we force them to sit and watch that!

lowey

Genius. What a Brilliant vid. Not laughed as much in ages!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Those of us that were really there remember how shit we looked. My particular favourite of the time was denim-print lycra shorts matched to a baggy t-shirt. Clashed nicely with my Orange Clockwork.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Man, that brings back some memories 🙂 The fluro somehow looked right back then … to a 12 year old kid who couldn’t afford any of it anyway.

crazy-legs

What on earth were they all falling off on??!

sputnik
    Free Member

Made me laugh very hard 😀
    Everybody seemed to struggle with that fast straight.

RagRage
    Free Member

didnt they even think to drop the seatpost a tad

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

What on earth were they all falling off on??!

Well, aside from a basic lack of skills in some, these are the days of doing everything on XC bikes, with the seatpost right up, rubbish brakes, 16″ wide bars, foot long stems, 1.5″ tyres pumped up to 60psi to stop them pinching, on rigid bikes (or if you had a lot of cash, short travel super flexy suspension forks that were worse than pogo sticks) … and a healthy overdose of overeagerness when racing 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Those of us that were really there remember how shit we looked.

Bula hats for slalom markers, isn’t it? Wasn’t it?

gog
    Free Member

A great laugh and those riders were tough as nails

retro83
    Free Member

Amazing! 😀

The ease of which some of those wheels folded was shocking.

Also loved the guy at about 2:30 who got up from a crash to find his handlebars a touch wonkey. 😆

13thfloormonk

Brilliant!

Some of those crashes seemed physically impossible, the bikes flew for miles in some instances!

And how hardcore are some of those riders, those were some hefty, high speed hits they were taking and most just jumped up and wobbled away again.

Loved the guy who wrestled his way out of the tape only to then notice the tacoed front wheel.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

My fave is the guy at 4:50, who seems to have snapped his handlebars. Possibly when the bike fell on his head, either the first or the second time… He still got up and tried to ride away! Mental.

rOcKeTdOg

Seems only like yesterday 🙁

scuttler

Brilliant!

Some good Euro techno, quality outfits, first class strops, remorseless crowd, mega crashes.

My personal favourite is the turquoise bloke at 1:05 who is hanging on all the way down the straight – only ever one outcome…

Thanks for posting this.

br
    Free Member

Christ, just how crap were the tyres back then?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I can’t help but harbour a sneaking suspicion that if you put the vast majority of stw’s on equivalent machinery today the results would’t be overly dissimilar,I’m not saying that modern tecnology hides the fact that skill levels hav’nt changed mu…….oh yeah,I am saying that 😉
    And thay wore less armour back then!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Rorschach +1

Hahaha too true, 8 inches of bounce and I’ve still seen people come off worse, on lesser terrain.

8)

tinribz
    Free Member

The guy who got lost at the bottom of the hill, lmao.

mintimperial

Ace. I used to have an entire video of stuff like this, bought for me as a birthday present in 1994 or ’95, I think. It was highly entertaining back then too. Might have to see if I can dig it out of the loft at my parents…

RagRage
    Free Member

0.46 the guy over runs the course then throws his bike and a tantrum while the crowd laugh and his purple lycra’s are quite a site 🙂

xcstu
    Free Member

now that was funny! 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Excellent vid.

Remember n00bs most of those bikes have less travel than a modern hardtail.

Those guys made what we ride today possible and put trail centre stormtroopers to shame.

SHAME ON YOU

oxym0r0n

Some pretty fast, on the edge riding there!

LoveTubs
    Free Member

laugh! I nearly gave myself a hernia, I’m actually lost for words 😆

Just goes to show how effective sussers really are, coupled with hydros.

Colin-T

most of those bikes have less travel than a modern hardtail.

It looked like most of them were fully ridgid with cantis.

Total respect.

j_me
    Free Member

Brilliant……love the fact it’s a downhill yet half the riders still have bar ends on.

Harsh comments on the skill of the riders. Yeah some were mince, but there were some mentalists in there hammering it with zero travel and the stopping power of a cross channel ferry. I’m sure they would piss all over a lot of us on here with modern day kit.

corroded
    Free Member

love the fact it’s a downhill yet half the riders still have bar ends on

Yes, and the saddle way up! My favourite is the guy who crashes through the tape and continues, trailling the tape like he’s been attacked by a red and white snake. Closely followed by a guy going at warp speed on a bike with a disc wheel. A disc wheel!! Why!!??

el_boufador

That is truly a great video! Laughed so hard that a little bit of wee came out.
    Some mincing but also some very very comitted riding, particularly the guy in the yellow fluro coming down the first steep / rutted section who was clearly waaaaaay faster than anyone else, only to overshoot the corner through the tape. He was really giving it death when you consider what those bikes were like to ride!

Also some of those slam downs on the set of steps were HARD

mintimperial
    audiophile
    Free Member

Made me feel better about my lack of riding skill. And my dress sense.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

The best video on here all year.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘1992 hardtail downhill nutters ….you have to see this! haha’ is closed to new replies.