Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Accommodation for a largish group – Glentress/Innerleithen
  • dan1980
    Free Member

I'm looking at booking some accomodation for a largish (ca. 10-15 people) within spitting distance of Glentress/Innerleithen.

Does anyone have any suggestions of cheapish places/club huts/bunkhouses that might be suitable?

Cheers

eckinspain
    Free Member

Glentrail House in Innerleithen will be big enough. Looks nice on the website – I'll tell you what it's like in 3 weeks time.

br
    Free Member

There is a hotel right next door to the entrance of Glentress.

Try Googling 'Glentress hotel', its the first one…

ph0010421
    Free Member

Possibly not big enough for your group, but we've just stayed at the Corner House Hotel in Innerleithen, and they were so welcoming and the food so good that I thought they deserved a mention…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Glentress wigwams – do a google. Brilliant set up. End of.

sarkmeister
    Free Member

I've stayed in the Kailzie Bunkhouse a couple of times. Its about 5 mins drive from both Inners and Glentress, and sleeps about 20 I think.

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

I'd definitely say try Glentrail house, either that or spread yourself over a couple of places instead – check out http://www.visittweedvalley.co.uk

br
    Free Member

We saw those Wigwams when last at Glentress – but where do you cook/wash?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I can vouch for glentrail too. Staying there for Hogmanay, that's New Years eve for the southerners.

Diane
    Free Member

Innerhaven and Bikelodge?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

We saw those Wigwams when last at Glentress – but where do you cook/wash?

In the big new log cabin, spot on for showers etc.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I can absolutely recommend Glentrail House. There were 11 of us in the house last week and yu could squeeze in a couple more if you're friendly.

Lovely kitchen with big table, living room with log fire, Sky TV, biking DVDs and a stack of Singletrack mags. The rooms are big and very nice, beds are comfy too. Plenty of storage space for bikes, table football, route maps on the walls….I could go on. Also it's right opposite the Hotel if you fancy a pint (Timothy Taylor Landlord no less).

We also had 7 people in the bikelodge which is on the main street. It's a bit smaller and cosier but still nice. Nic the owner works at The Hub which is handy if you're hiring bikes.

Also in Inners is Loch-Ma-Ben which is up the hill opposite the Co-Op. Lovely big house with a garden and has a nice view of Caddon Bank from the living room.

I would certainly go for Glentrail first, followed by Loch-Ma-Ben then Bikelodge.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Definitely recommend Glentrail House too. Great showers. Never underestimate what a good shower can do for your day.

BigJohn

A big group of us stayed at the Cross Keys Hotel in Peebles in Dec 07. The owner is a keen mountain biker and made us very welcome. Perfect location.

eckinspain
    Free Member

And another thing I wanted to mention – when we arrived in Innerleithen it was 8.30 at night and we knew we would be tired from the flight so we ordered some food to be delivered to the house.
    We ordered it from Angela at i-dropoff and it was excellent. We ordered a load of different main courses (lasagna, macaroni cheese, stovies, meatballs) and it was all very good (and cheap). She also brought us some garlic bread and some free corn-on-the-cob! She even comes along and makes sure it's all warm and ready to eat when you arrive.
    I'm not related to her but it was exactly what we needed when we arrived (and the traybakes are perfect for post-ride snacks too)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Accommodation for a largish group – Glentress/Innerleithen’ is closed to new replies.