Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Adrian Chiles
  • BoardinBob

Who thought it would be a good idea to have Adrian Chiles as the ITV coverage anchor?

He's the human equivalent of a Werthers Original sweet. Total ****.

project
    Free Member

Overpaid typical brummie.

nickjb
    Free Member

At least they follow it up with the fat guy from Gavin and Stacey

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

He's a fat, wedge headed, fake tanned, grey haired, midget with a only one v neck that his mum bought him.

firestarter
    Free Member

someone once described him as a toby jug full of warm piss and i think it suits him 😉

jahwomble
    Free Member

he's a cockweasel

BoardinBob

with post match analysis from Abby Clancy 😳

jahwomble
    Free Member

cockweasle sorry

highclimber
    Free Member

he's a talentless Brummie, otherwise known as a Brummie!

project
    Free Member

nickjb – Member

Posted 25 minutes ago # Report-Post

Who looks like the love child of a radio one dj, all 3 lack humour or talent, just overpaid.

RustySpanner

He's better than Gary Lineker.

Alan 'pancake' Hansen makes my fists itch & Shearer was a decent player but is about as charismatic as a cold sore.
    Lee Dixon talks sense occasionally and it's nice to have a pet German in 'Stuka' Klinsmann, but a poor showing so far from BBC TV.

ITV & 5 Live edging it so far for me.

AlexBerry
    Free Member

The BBC equivalent of Chiles is that w****r Colin Murray, and the epitome of all that is evil in broadcasting goes to the self agrandising, over blown lard arse that is Alan Green!!!!!

falkirk-mark

C'mon they all talk crap and state the obvious. However last night the comment when the yanks scored "you can't even blame the ball" WTF

RustySpanner

Colin Murray is superb on Fighting Talk – have high hopes for him on MOTD2.

Alan Green may well be incredibly annoying, but he's always interesting to listen to – did you hear him going on about the Algerians this afternoon?

AlexBerry
    Free Member

Rusty…Colin on fighting talk i can see, but Alan Green manages to make everything he commentates on about him, and not the subject. I've never heard the word "I" used more often than Green talking on any subject!!!!!

iDave
    Free Member

Green needs to learn how to talk properly – it's a penalty area, not penalty 'aire' – apart from that he really annoys me

neilb67
    Free Member

project – Member
    Overpaid typical brummie.

Overpaid…. Yes
    Brummie…. Well, he's a Baggie really…

RustySpanner

Mr Green just doesn't wind we up the way he does many folk it seems 🙂

I started listening to the radio commentaries whist watching matches on the TV because I genuinely couldn't stand Barry Davies – each over ennunciated, carefully considered faux intellectual outburst made we want to strangle him.

Still miss Motson – heavy on facts, but more genuine love and appreciation of the game that anyone else, for me at least.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the epitome of all that is evil in broadcasting goes to the self agrandising, over blown lard arse that is Alan Green!!!!!

they let him do a viewers phone in apparently I bet he just shouts them down , tells them why they are wrong and just lets his opinions put on every subject.
    Chiles is all rigtht IMHO
    Perhaps talking for 15 mins about something you have just watched with your very own eyes and can form your own opinions of is dull whoever tries the banter?
    Martin O'Neil is funny

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

makes my fists itch

Brilliant!

pb2

Chiles is up his own arse which I think is the best place for him.

James Cordons after match thing is dross based on the little I have seen.

Alan Green is a whinging bore.

Colin Murray has yet to piss me off or bore me.

And totally agree this world cup lacks the wit and sparkle that the MON brought to the last one. Bring back Motty or someone with a bit of class and a sense of humour.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Must say that some of you seem to get a bit wound up quite quickly. 🙂

I quite like Alan Green as a commentator. Sure he has an opinion but that adds colour to the commentary to me and he often says what we all think regarding poor play etc. Don't mind Adrian Chiles either although he was a bit bland after yesterdays match. Colin Murray is quite amusing and, like many Irish people I know, could talk for Europe! Agree that you would have a long way to go to find anyone as good as Motty though.

Cletus
    Free Member

I quite like Chiles – at least he is a cyclist

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/sport_relief/7295887.stm

monkfish
    Free Member

I like Alan Green at least he speaks his own mind, as for Motty splinters in his backside he's on the fence so much.

The ball goes in the net and we get "I think that was a goal, wasn't it"

Chiles is just bland, another vanilla presenter

coffeeking
    Free Member

I like WO's, they're quite nice. Their new chocolate things are even nicer.

highclimber
    Free Member

I quite like Chiles – at least he is a cyclist

thats like saying Chris Moyles is a mountaineer for 'climbing' Kilimanjaro!

tails
    Free Member

Motty is a chopper relied on that sheepskin jacket for a career. I like a mix of English and foreigners.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I think he's a cool dude! I first used to watch him on Working Lunch, then he moved to the One Show. Great!

Then he left to do numpty TV on ITV and there he's not appreciated.

What's that all about?

Money I guess!

midlifecrashes

I'd have like to have heard Stuart Hall's best It's a Knockout commentary on Green's fumblings.

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

an you'll see more of him..as he's gonna be GMTv's main man

ph0010421
    Free Member

<rant>
    Whilst we're slagging off pundits, Gareth Southgate boils my piss.
    Anyone remember Euro 96? And then he made a f*cking PizzaHut advert on the strength of his feeble penalty effort.
    Somehow, he didn't get hanged for treason 😕
    </rant>

highclimber
    Free Member

I remember that ad, I remember thinking 'what a complete sell out'!

Cletus
    Free Member

thats like saying Chris Moyles is a mountaineer for 'climbing' Kilimanjaro!

335 miles in two days (186 miles on day one) – it's not exactly your average charity ride!

I wonder how many STW'ers could do this? – I have a 600k audax ride under my belt so I know what is involved 🙂

kimbers

he lives near me in chisiwck, chiles that is

i often see him cycling in the morning on my commute

its not too far to the bbc at shepherds bush from where we are

coffeeking
    Free Member

i often see him cycling in the morning on my commute

So he probably does cycle more than most STWers 😀

white101

The commentators drive you mad, but try listening with the sound off??
    It's Clive Tyldsley and Jim Beglin who talk the most sh!t for me, Mark Bright on BBC is hopeless as well. heard Robbie savage on 5live yesterday they seem to have the better co commentators always tend to get a laugh from them, no sitting on the fence. Savage was actually getting his digs in to Jurgy Low the german coach 'looks like a man to old to have that much black hair, I reckon its out of the bottle' said robbie with his bleach blonde locks flowing in the hot air he was spouting.
    Colin Murray on fighting talk is top notch, really good show.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Most of the above are shite,Colin Murray,yet another professional Irish man…..and don't get me started on Jonathon Pearce.His commentating career should have ended with Robot Wars.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Adrian Chiles’ is closed to new replies.