Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Afan what's closed?
  • Lummox

On a trip to glyncorwgg to ride w2 or just whites twice tomorrow, have discovered conflicting reports of what’s closed etc.

So today has anyone got an up to date report of what’s open and what’s not?

Cheers Al

hh45
    Free Member

Last Wednesday the bottom half of WL was shut. After Energy that now extends staright into the open traverse section with some bits of board walk / NS and up through a short wooded section we were diverted straight on up a fire road that went past the end of the Black Run and up past the top of the main climb and over the top of the hill and dropped you down to the top of the final descent section of Skyline.

On Sklyline there was a diversion around Granada but it was unclear if it meant you lissed the first cut off and as it was getting late we did not risk it and just went straight down the last Skyline descent.

Wall was as normal and Pinhead was shut as ever.

Hope this is some help.

Carpediem
    Free Member

Did shortened W2 on Monday.Missed out goodwood and initial climb/descent to GC.

Energy, windy point open as is all on The Wall.

transapp
    Free Member

Accordng to the website, the WL trails re-open at the weekends I think (or did I dream that) anyone confirm?

retro83
    Free Member

Is Penhydd still closed?

joblessmonkeyboy
    Free Member

Hi Lummox,

Did you ride at afan? can you update?

Thanks
    JMB

SOAP
    Free Member

I rode last weekend all of W2 open 🙂 some of skyline closed but could get round with a bit of Hiking & Biking (log climbing)

transapp
    Free Member

That’s promising! Think another trip needs to be planned.
    Thanks for the info

Lummox

hi apologies for delay in updating, please bare in mind this was a weekday and as such the trails were being worked on.

ok rode w2 starting from the glyncorwwg end, i will try and remember whats open and whats not.

whites climb open
    windy point open
    link to afan forest side open
    all of afan y wall open
    energy open (though battered and covered in braking bumps!)
    good wood CLOSED
    darkside CLOSED
    route is at end of energy section turn left up fireroad and carry on to ‘t’ junction left again and after a loooooong fire road climb you pass the end of the black run on whites and the start of windy point, carry along the fire road until directed off down the skyline descent ‘peregrine ridge’ this finished back at glynncorrwg.

All diversion was fairly well signed with a4 laminated green signs

for what it’s worth the skyline descent was worth the ride back up an over.

creamegg
    Free Member

did the Skyline for the first time last thursday and Granada was closed and as mentioned above the diversion route was unclear. There was 3 or 4 signs at the same junction pointing in different directions, and as I didt know the trail I followed the one that had ‘skyline trail’ in tiny letters in the corner of the sign (the others had something like ‘MTB trail’. The diversion brought me out at the top of the final descent so missed a huge chunk of the trail. Not sure weather the other 2 diversion options would have only cut a small section off or were a completelly different route altogether. Will try a different route this week. Why they cant have clear signs pointing you in the correct direction is beyond me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Afan what's closed?’ is closed to new replies.