Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Alfine-11…
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

Does anyone privy to such information have a definitive timeline for the arrival of Alfine-11 onto the open market? I have an almost built Pompetamine staring at me in the shed waiting for a hub, shifter and joint kit……

packer
    Free Member

Wiggle is still saying late September…

I read on another forum that some shops in Australia now have them in stock so they can’t be far away.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Hmm…. yes – all the bits are on back order with Wiggle, and they’re running out of September…….

qwerty
    Free Member

I read on another forum that some shops in Australia now have them in stock so they can’t be far away.

🙄

ziggy
    Free Member

Says 20 of Sept at Madison and still not in stock if that helps!

packer
    Free Member

I’m glad that comment was not wasted 🙂

orena45

Anyone who recently bought a 8 spd Alfine Pompetamine complete bike for £999 will now be kicking themselves!

11 spd Alfine Pompetamines

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Shimano’s brand new 11 speed Alfine hub is due to be with us very soon

Stocks are expected here this week

That’s not quite as good as someone from Madison posting to say they are looking at the retail bits leaving the warehouse to the shops….. but it gives me some hope 😉

drofluf
    Free Member

Shimano now have partial information about the Alfine 11 on their website…

packer
    Free Member

I just spoke to a shop about the Alfine 11, and they said they were originally expecting to receive them on 20th September but they have since spoken to Madison who told them it’s been put back by 3 weeks…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

…but they have since spoken to Madison who told them it’s been put back by 3 weeks…

Oh FFS 👿 I think I’ll just singlespeed it for now then – really want to try out the dynamo lights now it’s getting dark on the way home 😉

Shimano now have partial information about the Alfine 11 on their website…

You’re not kidding: ‘….er, here’s a picture of the new group, that is all…’

bananaworld
    Free Member

If you’re bored and waiting for your 11-speed Alfine, why not browse the Service Instructions:

Hub/sprocket/cassette joint

Shifter & gubbins

Hoorah! It’s now easier & quicker to detach the cable for wheel removal.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Interesting – the notes say the ring/sprocket ratio should be around 1.9. To do what I want, I’m going to end up with about 2.55 (46/18). What are the consequences likely to be? Is it just the reaction torque on the dropouts will be higher? It’s for an exclusively road commuter…..

bananaworld
    Free Member

What are the consequences likely to be?

A visitation by an alien plague.

Failing that, nothing. They only “recommend” that ratio, they don’t say “YOU MUST”. I suspect that recommendation is simply to emulate a regular mountain bike/commuter gear range – if you want higher ratios, go for it. Remember Dr Pepper’s advice….

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I’ll take the alien plague any day over a borked kilo of metal now not worth £350…. though point taken 😉

packer
    Free Member

Wiggle have updated their status on the Alfine 11 hub. It’s no longer saying “late september”. It’s now saying “mid october” for some models and “2-7 days” for others.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Yeah, saw that this morning – I emailed Wiggle directly a few days and they (rather unhelpfully) quoted verbatim what was on the website, rather than actually tryign to find out.

I also see that Fatbirds is offering the 11-speed hub for “25% off” , or around £285 quid, which is quite a lot cheaper than elsewhere…. no stock mind 😉

GavinB

Just checked and Madison are now saying 24/01/2011 for stock to arrive.

I guess Santa can’t have room…

IGMC

Alb
    Free Member

GavinB – that’s the date for free stock. Those dealers that got in early with backorders will recieve stock ongoing from the first stock drop on 20/10/10. They’re by no means big drops though so expect limited availability until the bigger drops arrive early in the new year.

GavinB

Yup, fair enough, that makes sense.

Been watching it for a while thinking about ordering, but held off, guess I’ll hold for quite a bit longer…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Ar$e – the wait goes on then. Just had the ‘…very sorry…. late December…’ email from Wiggle….. Not happy 🙁

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Alfine-11…’ is closed to new replies.