Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Always hoped I’d never be starting this thread.
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Had my bike stolen from Eastleigh today.

Specialized 08 black RockHopper.
    White Rockshox Recon forks.
    Rear wheel is a red hope pro II, with a 717 rim.
    Avid 3s.
    UST Continental Mountain Kings. The ones with TUBELESS written across the sidewalls in big white letters.

Its my only mountain bike. So I’m missing what was going to be a really good ride tonight, and probably one on Thursday, and probably one on Sunday. Dont want to think past then right now.

Only real picture I’ve got of it here. Not very useful unfortunately.

If anyone sees it, follow the guy who is riding it home, then give me their address.

Cheers.

alpin
    Free Member

shitter.

where, how etc?

can’t help but feelin’ ya pain. ****.

topangarider
    Free Member

What’ya singing there?

longweight
    Free Member

I’m in the Eastleigh area so I’ll keep my eyes out

RealMan
    Free Member

What’ya singing there?

Not sure, but at the time I was under the impression that it would somehow make me go faster. Or at least ease the pain.

My normal old commuter bike has suffered a bent hangar, so while I’m waiting for a new hangar to arrive, I was using my rockhopper to get to college for a few days. Really annoyed. Just so unlucky.

Thanks a lot longweight, really means a lot to me.

longweight
    Free Member

Whats the Crankset?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out in Southampton/Lordswood just in case.

You could win a bike at a certain bike event later this year. 😉

Oggles
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that 🙁 Is that the lock? Unfortunately it sometimes takes an event like this to prove to people how w*nk cable locks are. People think they will be ‘reet until this happens. I caught two scrotes just finished cutting through (a not inexpensive) one of mine. D-Lock D-Lock D-Lock

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s a shitter and no mistake. As mentioned above, cable looks are worthless, unless they’re monster Abus or Krypt ones.

WCA and the rest of the Scumpton massive will, I am sure, keep an eye out. From the days when I ran a shop in town, could I recommend that you also ring around the bike shops? Let ’em know that it’s gone and offer doughnuts in reward. They’re on your side….!

Nick

shite, having nearly been a victim myself I can only really guess at how crap you are feeling, I’ve certainly won’t forget how gutted a friend of mine was when the bike she had borrowed was nicked. Hope it turns up.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nick, explain “nearly been a victim”? As in thievus interruptus?

RealMan
    Free Member

Its a shimano deore hollowtech crankset.

The really annoying part is that I just purchased a load of parts for the bike, including cassette, chain, new chainrings etc. as all the old stuff was really worn. And now I dont need any of it.

Think you might be right about cable locks, I’ll look into getting a good D lock next time.

From the days when I ran a shop in town, could I recommend that you also ring around the bike shops? Let ’em know that it’s gone and offer doughnuts in reward. They’re on your side….!

Good idea, anyone know the nearest bike shops to eastleigh? I think theres one in waltham chase and southampton..?

longweight
    Free Member

cycleworld Romsey, Winchester & Southampton I think? Peter Hansfords Chandlers Ford & WInchester, GA cycles southampton, The hub Southampton. I’ll think of some more soon enough!

thomthumb
    Free Member

rock and road soton,
    hargroves cycles winch and soton

also check out cash converters in eastleigh – lots of stolen looking stuff turns up there.

RealMan
    Free Member

Thanks both of you, good ideas. Called them all up. Especially good idea with cash converters – very obvious, but wouldntve thought of them myself.

longweight
    Free Member

I trust you are checking ebay and gumtree?

RealMan
    Free Member

Yes on ebay, never heard of gumtree. Will find it, and then start checking.

MrAgreeable

Save it as a favourite search on eBay, you’ll get deluged with emails but they’re pretty easy to sort through. Check your local Cash Converters and the like too.

RealMan
    Free Member

On gumtree and ebay, should I be search for the full bike, or individual parts? Or both?

badblood
    Free Member

I had a Kryptonite D lock on my bike when it was locked in the shed and they went through it like a knife through butter!

tomzo
    Free Member

Both, but chances are they’ll flog it down a market etc somewhere in real life, but still worth keeping an eye out online.

singletrackmind

I’ll keep an eye out at the Cash Converters in Shirley for you. We deliver near there every week and its possible it might turn up there.

Gutting tho, theiving scum

RealMan
    Free Member

Thanks a lot.

Sorry to hear about that badblood.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

badblood – Member

I had a Kryptonite D lock on my bike when it was locked in the shed and they went through it like a knife through butter!

Kryptonite are not that good, You need something much bigger and tougher such as the Abus Granite extreme

Lummox

I'll keep an eye in winchester/hedge end area.

Hope you get your wheels back soon and safe

Lummox

racefaceec90

i'm sorry to hear that your bike got nicked.my friend had his giant rincon stolen from his brick shed!!!they left his then girlfriends bike though!!!the police did sweet f/a to help!!!i always carry 2 d locks if i'm going to leave my bike anywhere.it's a hassle,but way less hassle than coming back to find your bike nicked!!!i hope you find your bike!!!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I guess to everyone it looks mililar to this? just FYI.

tinsy
    Free Member

sorry realman, was in the same boat only 2 weeks ago..

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Always hoped I’d never be starting this thread.’ is closed to new replies.