Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anodising
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

Did there used to be a bloke who did small batch/one off bits? Is he still around?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Email sent

doof_doof
    Free Member

Steve at Acorn Anodising is your man.

shredder
    Free Member

Also interested have sent mail to craigxxl

trout
    Free Member

Hi Craiqxxl

assuming from your reply you do Anodising

Where and how much for small parts

shredder
    Free Member

Funny I was just thinking you may know somebody Trout.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Thanks Craig and doof, pretty sure you’ve both recommended the same guy, Steve will definitely be getting an email from me very soon.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Steve has done a few things for me,Very good

shredder
    Free Member

Could you point me to a link for Steve/Acorn please.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

stevebarry1978 hotmail com

doof_doof
    Free Member

This is what I was trying to find:

http://anodising.blogspot.com/

anodisersteve
    Free Member

Just a note to say that due to hotmail being a bunch of c**ks, I have now had to change my Email address to stevebarry1978@googlemail.com.

Steve

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

There seems fairly large number of old school bmx’ers who are crying out for a decent anodiser.

At the moment, a chap in Barnoldswick (Colour Custom Anodising) gets much of the custom, but is very slow as the parts take second fiddle to the “real work” of car parts and commercial work.

If your works good, and you are not hideously expensive, and bike friendly, theres possibly a good market for a decent anodiser if your willing to take on older parts.

Might I suggest if you can show your work, a price list and post on the resto section of the radbmx forum.

I will be looking to get some brake arms, a seat post, and some rims and hubs possibly done later this year for a build…. 😀

Just a thought, and possibly an unoriginal one too…

anodisersteve
    Free Member

Due to a lot of interest, I am thinking about writing a piece on the anodising process and hopefully answering as many questions as I can that you may have.

Please reply to this topic with any questions you may have or think may be useful for an anodising thread for others to easily find and refer to.

I am also keen to have the moderators let me know what is deemed to be within guidelines for a topic of this nature. As many of you may be aware, I did make a very informative posting a while back on another bike forum, but it was removed because of it being classed as advertising. I understand that this is a sensitive subject but would like to work with you to provide an informative and comprehensive reference for anybody who is looking to have anything anodised.

Steve Barry

firestarter
    Free Member

Oh man I can see me blowing some money on making bits coloured in a bit 😉

rustler
    Free Member

We do anodising, but only 10-15 micron clear I’m afraid. 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anodising’ is closed to new replies.