Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any group rides around Glasgow area this Sunday?
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

Just wondering if anybody's organising/arranged anything for Sunday 18th in the wider Glasgow area that I might be able to tag along with, at all. I don't smell, I'll bring my own water and food, and I won't be hungover and moany-faced. Promise. I'm not a good solo explorer, you see, so there's a chance I'll learn something new – like a route or familiarity with a part of the backyard I ain't seen before. cheers

doug_basqueMTB.com

GMBC usually do a local ride. DETAILS hERE

It's up around Mugdock normally and there's some good wee trails in there. They do an 'away' ride too normally and if you mailed you should be able to get a lift.

Sanny
    Free Member

Hi Mike T

GMBC are meeting at 9.45am for a prompt 10am start from Barshaw Park on the Glasgow Road on the way to Paisley on Sunday morning. The plan is to ride the trails of Glennifer Braes. One of our chaps and his missus have done a sterling job of linking together some great climbs and descents and this is the first time the club has ridden there in many years.

You're more than welcome to join us. I'll be the one on the white Turner.

Cheers

Sanny

jad
    Free Member

The Gleniffer braes is my local haunt and part of my commute home. In order to make it worthwhile you should try and link up the Fereneze braes too – that should easily give a good couple of hours riding.

iainc

Mike T – I would normally be along with the GMBC guys but unfortunately out due injury – I'd have liked to rekindle my relationship with that Apple Green 5 – have a good 'un 😛

churcherian
    Free Member

Glennifer is my back garden and local training ground….did a group night ride last night up there, tracks good at the moment. As mentioned above you can get a good 2 hour loop in and linking round the Fereneze golf course has a good drop down into Barrhead.
    Sanny, i have ridden with you guys a few times on Wed's evenings but unfortunately can't make Sunday. If any of your gang GPS the route you do i'll be interested to see where you go and if you find any new bits/link-ups. Cheers Ian

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Sanny

That sounds good.
    I'm not so familiar with Barshaw Park, but I'll find it in the A-Z.
    Is there a particular part where you're meeting?
    Also, what kinda time frame might you suggest will be involved for the trip?

Iain C
    sorry to hear of your injury. I'll tell her you're asking for her 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any group rides around Glasgow area this Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.