Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Anybody stopped smoking weed?
  • SiB
    Free Member

I gave up about 6 weeks ago after 20 years of getting stoned daily, smoke in morning as soon as I woke up etc etc. I’m not preaching but I feel so alive, new senses, a buzz for life. Yes, I knew it dulled senses but I didnt realise just how much.

Anybody else given up and ‘seen the light’?

tang
    Free Member

Yes, stone free for 15 years. Don’t miss it at all. I even stayed true dispite being snowed in at 5000 meters for 2 weeks with some locals and a 20kg sack of freshly rubbed parvati charas at my potential disposal.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Smoked it loads in uni, haven’t touched it in years though.

DickBarton

I’ve never started it to have to stop it…I’m dull enough without adding the hassle of starting to smoke.

organic355
    Free Member

I’ve never started it to have to stop it…I’m dull enough without adding the hassle of starting to smoke.

I am not condoning it, but a weed induced fit of the giggles is one of lifes pleasures that I am glad i have experienced.

Pulling a “whitey” is one of lifes experiences i could have lived without.

SiB
    Free Member

I even want to wash the car these days, do housework, read books, watch old films………I didnt realise I’ve missed out on the simple things in life that all count to a contented life. And no, I’m still not preaching to stop, each to their own.

DickBarton……a good way to sum it up!

flip
    Free Member

I smoked for a couple of years pre 2000 having a mid life crisis, only at weekends for kicks.

I loved it, won’t do it again though 😛

ilovemygears
    Free Member

its a lot more expensive than it was when i was a kid about 17 years ago when i started…maybe thats a reason to stop…

superfli
    Free Member

I stopped smoking about 3 years ago, just after my son was born. That was almost 20 years after starting. I can honestly say, I cant tell any difference (obviously when not stoned).
    I am a lot fitter now though

yunki
    Free Member

I smoked every day for over 10 years.. at some points very heavily..

I stopped smoking regularly about 10 years ago and haven’t touched it at all for over 5 years.. I feel enormously better for it.. healthier wealthier and wiser.. much lighter footed and spirited too..
    For much of my adult life I’ve known very few people who don’t smoke.. I don’t think long term smokers realise just how paranoid and divorced from reality it makes them.. not to mention moody

The only thing I ever miss is from when I was a very infrequent smoker towards the end of my stoner career and I would sometimes feel very inspired the day after smoking..

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Gave up last year after smoking the bong all day every day for 19 years, can’t really say I really miss it but don’t feel massively different, healthier yeah but not really mentally different, although I think I functioned quite well considering I was constantly smashed. maybe the damage has been done, I don’t think I’ll ever go back now though.

donsimon
    Free Member

My friends had giggle fits, I fell asleep. Couldn’t see the attraction myself, except during bouts of insomnia. 😀

vancoughcough
    Free Member

You’ll be reading the Daily Mail soon and wearing slippers.

higthepig
    Free Member

+1

I don’t think long term smokers realise just how paranoid and divorced from reality it makes them.. not to mention moody

Must have been passive smoking then, I have all those symptoms…….

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I may take up drugs when I get very old.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I had a few phases at uni and briefly afterwards when I would smoke a lot. That was about 10 years ago though, and looking back I can see that it caused me all sorts of problems, although that’s probably just a personal reaction – I’m sure for plenty of people it doesn’t.

I won’t touch it any more. If anyone offered these days I’m sure it would just knock me out instantly. I don’t miss the cold sweaty trembly whiteys at all.

baldSpot
    Free Member

Caned it for years, as well as copious amounts of Class A.
    Don’t miss any of it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

stopped the daily things years ago… still love getting stoned every now and then though, with the occassional weekly binge flung in for good measure..

yossarian
    Free Member

Haven’t had a smoke in a long time. Used to smoke every day without fail for about 15 years. A year or so back I got myself some grass for a laugh. Didn’t really find it mind expanding like I ‘remembered’ – couldn’t bloody hold a train of thought for long enough! If I want to get interconnected these days I’ll drop a bunch of native mushrooms and have a proper blast.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Gave up smoking the herb about six years ago. Wanted to give up smoking fags but carry on with smoking weed but found out I couldn’t do it so the herb had to go.

RealMan
    Free Member

Now and then. It’s fun with some mates, at a party or whatever, but never to the point where it’s even been close to a problem.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Try giving up drinking too, it amazing how much better you feel for that too. I still drink but only occasionally.

RealMan
    Free Member

Try giving up drinking too, it amazing how much better you feel for that too. I still drink but only occasionally.

+1

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Alcohol is by far the worse drug. I used to smoke everyday. When I stopped smoking, I started drinking everyday…

I know which is ‘better’ for me, and it isn’t the beer.

Spaceman
    Free Member

I smoked everyday for years, now smoke only on weekend, sometimes not for weeks at a time and it’s getting less and less frequent, don’t feel much different health wise with reduced consumption.
    I think I’d find it very easy to stop completely, never really crave it now and could stop tomorrow, I can’t say the same about drink, being Scottish! Beer is definitely worse for you IMO and more addictive, I should mibby try giving that up instead.

I have lots of friends who smoke loads still and it doesn’t seem to have lead to long term health problems for anyone I know, I think they were all a bit mental anyway, don’t think the weed has altered them much. Saying that I can understand why people would want to stop, and more power to them if that’s what they feel they want to do.

busydog
    Free Member

Could everyone who has given up please mail me any you have laying about?

Seriously, I smoked it for years and stopped about 14 years ago. Tried it recentlty and biggest thing I noticed is it made me immediately dumb as a rock. Not nearly as much fun as I remembered it to be. Used to also imbibe in mushrooms and it seemed like a delightful intervention, but now it would probably just make me really paranoid.

kimbers

stopped a year ago just before our 1st child
    had been a daily imbiber for about 10 years or so(1 or 2 on a school night, lots at the weekend)

still miss it a bit not much though,
    dont have the inclination with kimbers jr taking all my time and energy

glad i stopped for health reasons(mine and my sons)
    cant say i feel like the bionic man or anything and dont think im any smarter but its still good

tbh it was the tobacco rather than the weed that i didnt like!

_tom_
    Free Member

Not yet, I’m in BC at the minute so it’d be rude to quit at such a time 😆 I can easily go without though, it’s the baccy in joints that’s addictive and horrible.

Junkyard
    Free Member

have none of you folk heard of pipes?
    I dont smoke like i did in my youth and now smoke like most folk drink – every now and again and I can go weeks without any. I could stop if required but I would rather not tbh.
    It was a monkey on my back for a long while but I cannot say I regret the past or that I want to return to that state.
    Did not affect me any really when I stopped – like kimbers due to children – but smoke occasionally now they are older.
    You do get much much more done without it which is nice so not on weekdays and ever other weekend ish is my usage.

busydog
    Free Member

Related question–is much of the noble weed grown in the UK or imported so-to-speak?

jamieg
    Free Member

Gave up about 3 years ago and have never looked back, I have mates that still do it but it doesn’t bother me. Certainly feel a lot healthier, cleaner etc and can get up in the mornings too! Have some fond memories of those fits of laughters you have when your really stoned and the unstoppable munchies. It had a interesting effect on music too, used to get very creative but to an uncontrollable point as in there was so much information of creative ideas coming all at once. It was fun jamming with my mates though. The pros certainly out way the cons for me anyway for, I’m not prejudice but for me I’d rather not use it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

have none of you folk heard of pipes?

Can pipes, Apple pipes, bubblers, waterfalls, buckets, hot knives etc etc! Yes, suffice to say I have! :mrgreen: Much prefer a wee joint these days though, much more mellow.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I did that a couple of years ago when trying for a baby – didn’t have a drop in about 4 or 5 months and felt absolutely no benefit at all. I never drunk heavily though, but did like weekend ‘binge’ drinking nights out.

cardo

I packed in completely this April after 15 years…. I’d got to the point where I would have a doooob after a beer then hang on to the garden furniture waiting for the world to stop… quite a rush! Miss the fun factor and staying up late with mates… don’t miss whiteys, worrying about my health and trying to score… Giving up is the best thing I have done for me and my missus, I’m quicker on the bike (because my lungs are working better) and in my head the powers of concentration have improved massively and I feel positive about stuff. Never thought i’d say this but life is better for me without it!.

footflaps

Smoked everyday whilst I was at Uni, but not touched it since (20-ish years and counting).

hora
    Free Member

I used to love it in my teens. Tried it recently and almost gipped/felt nauseous.

emsz
    Free Member

Gave it up mostly when I stopped proper fags a few months ago. Still have the occasional puff at the weekend, but not nearly as much as before. Can’t say I’ve noticed not having it around.

doh
    Free Member

2 months free after about 15yrs daily and have cut the booze back to once/twice a week. the world is a nicer place now.
    just need to knock the fags on the head now.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I tried it a couple of times many years ago, but it just made me feel ill, so it never went any further than that……

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Stopped two years ago after 20 years of smoking it daily.

I remember not sleeping well for about a month with some crazy dreams. After that I found I had loads of energy and enthusiasm for everything.

I did however buy an 1/8 a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it while I had it. Turned me into a quivering mess though, but without the paranoia. 8) Gaming was much more fun too. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Anybody stopped smoking weed?’ is closed to new replies.