Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone bought anything from Jejames recently?
  • rich-6
    Free Member

I ordered some pikes and Contis this time last week, Still haven’t recieved them and have tried to e-mail but got nowhere.

anyone recieved their bits recently? They’ve not gone down the pan have they?

twohats
    Free Member

rich-6
    Free Member

Take it their number is: 01709 538374

as theres 4 😳

AndyPaice
    Free Member

depends which branch you need to speak to. if it’s an online order then it’ll probably be rotherham branch as I think that is head office.

kona_uk
    Free Member

I have not used them recently, but have done in the past, never again….shocking service…

swisstony
    Free Member

just be thankful they’re not your lbs like me

MinishMan
    Free Member

Ordered some SPD shoes a few weeks back and they took I think 3 days after ordering to arrive, and rotherham branch served me.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The only time I’ve used them is when I walk in a buy stuff, never had any issues and picked up some good deals

happysv
    Free Member

I bought my son a bmx online from them and they took the money twice.
    They hung up on my wife when she questioned the matter.
    Avoid !!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich-6
    Free Member

I rung them up, never got through on the correct orderline So i rang sheffield.

Spoke to a lad on the phone and he said they were sent Monday from Rotherham on a 48hr service which would mean they should have arrived today!

Going to give them til Friday and get back on the phone

alpin
    Free Member

have bought a set of lyriks. got delivered quickly enough but they will only post to addr of the card holder.

also it says 570quid on package although i paid 440. don’t know if they took 570 from account as i have no way of checking it. i’m in germany and can’t use online banking as i have to register in person at local branch. will have to wait until march when i’m in uk to 1) pick up forks and 2) check what i’ve paid.

should have gone through CRC, paid 30quid more and recieved free postage to germany.

have tried to phone but never got an answer and are slow to emails….
    would not use again.

ibis
    Free Member

Should be Jesse James not J.E.James.
    It is my local i.b.s. and i would no use them !!

steveh

alpin you can’t blame them for only shipping to the card address surely? If they ship anywhere else and there is a problem they are instantly liable.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Mmm, have to admit I’ve never had a problem with them … needed some stuff before xmas and just told them I needed it by a certain date as I was going away and it arrived quickley … got answers to my emails the same day … ??

sq225917
    Free Member

They are my LBS and they are **** ace, walked out of there yesterday with a xtr shadow rear and xtr 970 block for under £180.

mywebsites
    Free Member

Bought some 5-10s from them took 4-5 working days. Have you got the delivery confirmation email yet?

From the point I got this email it took roughly 5 days. Usually go with Chainreactioncycles as generally they are the cheapest and a superb returns policy, but they weren’t the cheapest on this occasion.

I would only use jejames again as a last resort. I hope your stuff does arrive, because it is so frustrating when its all out of your hands.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Got some Shimano shoes from them in their shoe sale last year and they were delivered promptly.

Earlier this week I was asking about purchasing a road groupset, and the next day the price had gone up £120! Would have been nice to have been warned about hte impending increase, as I probably would have ordered then and there. Now I won’t bother.

buster
    Free Member

I ordered some tyres off them (web) but it turned out the ones I ordered were out of stock. So I dropped the order. I dontlike it when sellers put stuff on thier website but cant deliver on it.
    But I have moved on 🙂

sq225917
    Free Member

They are very much a walk-in shop, their mail order ain’t fantastic, but they will price match anyone…

aleigh
    Free Member

I have JUST managed to cancel an order – what a palaver! I was told by a poor chap in their Chesterfield branch that Rotherham said to them they were ‘busy’ so I said ‘with all due respect if they’re willing to take orders online then they should be prepared to have people phone up making enquires!’

The nice chap in Chesterfield has now confirmed my order has been cancelled but overall, be warned of at least trying to get in touch with the branch that handles your orders!

Should anyone from the Chesterfield branch be reading this – thanks for your help and I hope you didn’t find me too gobby! 😉

Pook

they didn’t even look up at me when i went into the Sheffield branch yesterday

aleigh
    Free Member

that’s a bit rubbish i have to say

lodious
    Free Member

I bought a childrens bike from JE James for my daughter last week, everything was fine. Good price too.

jimmy

I know people who work there and have done for years so can’t be too disrespectful as I have had good, friendly service in all that time from SOME staff. However, outside of the people I know there are some questionable types when it comes to service. All meant with due respect and anything bad I’d have to say would genuinely not be against people I know.

Shame, as a well run operation on that scale in that area would be creaming it in but they just don’t seem to get things quite right in the service dept.

fantom
    Free Member

Agree with last post, been in a few times, and each time attitude of staff is poor, really quite unfriendly, best bike ship been in recently Paul Hewitt’s in leyland, its mainly roadie place but one of the top wheel builders in the country…..

mrsmokeybear
    Free Member

I have had to make formal complaint to Trading standards and am now about to launch a small claims court procedure to recover payment for an order I cancelled 7 months ago … Go to chainreaction everytime

Pook

They were making real efforts to engage with mail order customers earlier this year – where are you JE James?

5AM
    Free Member

Their courier service is dire too!!
    I missed a delivery from their courier so went down the next day to the depot. There I was told they needed another 24hours to find my package as I hadn’t informed them I was coming!
    (The 4 guys standing outside smoking and the virtually empty warehouse that I could see in to, told me they just couldn’t be arsed.)

Wouldn’t ever use them again because of this.

Blueadvocate

Just got my Mud-x tyres from them; good service phoned to let me know the courier would be a day later (still within the quoted delivery times).

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

A walk in shop….and then walk right back out again after you’ve stood around waiting to be served and not even been acknowledged.

I think the Rotherham staff have perfected the art of wandering around the shop shuffling clothes, avoiding the gaze of potential customers and either walking the other way or raising a hand in a ‘hang on’ gesture when approached with a polite,”excuse me…”

It’s happened to me or my wife several times now and I’m not going back.

Fosters on Thames Street (Rotherham) on the other hand, whilst not being the biggest or best stocked shop have always been friendly and very helpful, I’d recommend them if Rotherham locals want an alternative.

DT78
    Free Member

Obviously I cannot prove anything but I had my credut card cancelled two times this year, it’s a card only used for bike bits and the only ‘unusual’ online site I had used in those periods was jejames or winstanleys.

Again, no proof as cc company wouldn’t tell me, but since I’ve stopped using them my card hasn’t been ripped off.

As for the actual service, no problems at all, kit turned up promptly and is usually well priced.

Deveron53
    Free Member

DT78, that’s quite a serious accusation (ever heard of libel laws?). Most companies use a 3rd party online credit card processor. Je james use sagepay. The store staff for all these online retailers cannot access the credit card details. I work in a non-cycling related online retailers and get quite frustrated when customers virtually accuse members of staff of theft when it’s a problem between the 3rd party processor and the customer’s bank.
    mr smokeybear, how about starting a new thread next time instead of resurrecting an old one. I’ve been buying from james for years and yes, they have had problems in the past but my last 4 orders, spread over a time period from February to last week, no problems.
    You don’t really give any details, did you just register to complain? Maybe you were partly to blame, let’s hear the full story so we can judge, instead of sniping and running!

DezB
    Free Member

Bought some tyres last week, turned up within 2 days.

I’m sure I swore not to use them in the past due to having stuff on the website that was out of stock, late delivery or something. But I forgot about that and quite glad I did.

Either they’ve improved or are just hit&miss.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

They were making real efforts to engage with mail order customers earlier this year – where are you JE James?

Sorry for missing this post, had I seen it before I definitely would have posted a reply to several of the messages left here.

I have had to make formal complaint to Trading standards and am now about to launch a small claims court procedure to recover payment for an order I cancelled 7 months ago … Go to chainreaction everytime

Hi mrsmokeybear,

Having taken a look at your account the refund was issued on the 20th December after we got to the bottom of the issue which can only be descibed as a “one off”. For the inconvenience caused I can also see that we sent you a gift valued at £69.99 as a gesture of good will, something you most definitely deserved. Anyway i’m pretty sure that your issue has now been addressed and the other comments are no longer applicable.

A year has passed and we have definitely moved on in all aspects of our business online. There has been a few teething problems with the choice of couriers but that issue has now been resolved also.

We are currently working on a new website to be launched early summer (maybe earlier) which is exciting news for us.

We also have addressed the way categories appear and the way stock items are sorted on the web which has benefited browsing our site massively.

We also sorted the google shopping issue where many of you were experiencing clicking through to out of stock products.

There is a huge list of issues that we have addressed, and addressed successfully, and a massive part of enabling us to do this was having a presence on here and actually listening to you all so a huge thanks to everybody that at some point has been in direct contact with me for what ever reason.

As with us all, once in a while there is the odd order which happens to slip through the net, but we are striving for perfection as we so rightly should, and a lot of you have benefited from all our hard work over the last 6-12 months by getting orders quickly and at a competitive price.

The future is looking good, and we are expecting things to carry on in the right direction.

Cheers.

Andy@JEJames

P.S – Any negative comments like the above regarding our stores are forwarded onto Branch Managers and it is their responsibilty to if they should choose to do so, contact the customer directly. If you have an issue with a particular store you can find their contact details on our website, or email me to forward it on at stforum@jejamescycles.com

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought anything from Jejames recently?’ is closed to new replies.