Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone doing the Mary Towneley loop?
  • lipseal
    Free Member

Mary Townley Loop Mountain Bike Challenge takes place on Sunday 19 September

Here's web site for it

http://www.rpmrt.org.uk/eventdetail.php?EventID=5

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

I've arranged a Sunday pass with the SO.

Will be along if the weather is half decent. First time and hope to find people riding at a similar pace to help keep spirits up and share gate opening duties.

Cheers
    Paul

marco
    Free Member

Doing it for the 2nd time this year. 1st time was in 2008 and weather was not too good. hope its better this time, also got some friends to join me which will be good.
    Good luck

gingerflash

I might be doing that. Depends when the baby arrives.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

if the weather is half decent

I wouldn't bother booking the time in that case. I live about a mile from the route, and round here it's flipping horrible, everyday. If you're not a wet weather die hard, you'll be miserable.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yep im doing the loop with some friends on the 19th 😀 also ill be on the new orange 5 pro as im test riding one that weekend either that or ride my prophet but i think i might just use the orange ;p i think everyone else will agree with that one 🙂 see you there!

gingerflash

"you're not a wet weather die hard, you'll be miserable"

I've ridden the route about 4 times and the event once. It's always been sunny and hot, even in April and September.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Anyone know which way round the ride is this year, clock or anti-clockwise?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I've ridden the route dozens of time, in every condition known to science. At the moment it is bloody wet. Be told.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

where does it actually start? the guys down rossendale are starting down there for the challenge but what happens if you live in todmorden lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing the Mary Towneley loop?’ is closed to new replies.