Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone else do Skyline yesterday @ Afan?
  • megastream
    Free Member

Bumped into quite a few nutters out yesterday in terrible conditions along the Skyline run yesterday. Stupid diversion that took us through the muddiest place on earth, actually got knee deep in sinking mud at one point.

Was a tough character building ride for sure!

Anyone on here out on the route?

hugor
    Free Member

Skyline has been like that for a while. Long mudpits churned up by dirt bikes. Not much singletrack left. Not worth it anymore.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I wouldn’t describe Afan well managed. Skyline diversion is a good example. Can’t see it getting any better. The extra tax payer funding will be wasted as well. It’s just badly managed, it needs a more commercial approach which the FC can’t provide.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I thought the diversion on skyline was like a very straight-line Swinley-on-a-damp-day. But free. 😀

Nipper99
    Free Member

I did skyline last w/e all open except one section before joyrider and they looked like they were getting ready to open that. see the FC website.

megastream
    Free Member

don’t think we’ll bother going back, that was our 3rd time there and each time it’s got worse.

Twodogs

I was there…did Skyline and the wall. Tho I still enjoy Skyline, Afan is definately going downhill (haha)….too many people, not enough trails

njee20
    Free Member

We did a lap of White’s in preference to pre-riding the NPS course at Margam, was certainly insanely wet up there, but even Skyline must’ve been better than Margam!

trickydisco
    Free Member

I did w2 on saturday.. Bumped into some guy washing his blinged up GT. Said he racing margham on sunday (elite category)

njee20
    Free Member

Tall guy? Jon Pybus, he was just staying there rather than riding.

njee20
    Free Member

Tall guy? Jon Pybus, he was just staying there rather than riding.

pinkfloydian
    Free Member

I did it last week for the first time, it was a good ride albeit more of a tourist track until the final diversion missing Handy Andy and Grand Canyon, as stated above it just takes you through a swamp.

Met a few people yesterday who were doing it on the Sheep Track, I opted for W2.

New to this website so hello everyone. I do Afan twice a week since it’s on my door step, if anyone wants information on what’s open with regular updates just drop me a message.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Did Skyline again today (how hot!) to see what was open. It is all rideable. Handy Andy does not appear to be officially open but was not taped off and all clear just the access overgrown and a fallen tree over the access. Grand Canyon has a hole just toward the end where some stone has been excavated and not reinstated – 10 – 15ft carry. Joyrider open for its full length and all felled timber removed and culverts over streams etc reinstated. All good. Need more people to get out on this now (saw one person all day). It would be a shame if lack of use added to any justification on the part of the FC to close the whole lot and when and if they plant all their wind turbines.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else do Skyline yesterday @ Afan?’ is closed to new replies.