Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 216 total)
  • Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?
  • Johnboy373
    Free Member

Thanks Goan. How will tomorrows trail be? I dont mind the distance but I a bit of a $hit bag at the first couple of descents.

Smee
    Free Member

Have a look at the pictures on one of the earlier pages. It's not technical, it is pretty fast.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

bugger, i've been on leave for 2 weeks and forgotten about this as i've not been online 🙁

Smee
    Free Member

Well you would appear to have remembered just in time… 😀

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i've got no transport and i've arranged to do a road ride tomorrow 😥

radoggair
    Free Member

tomorrows ride, i'm the really good looking guy……. cant miss me

Smee
    Free Member

You should wear some lead boots tomorrow fella. If the wind is like today – you're ****.

radoggair
    Free Member

my ears do play an dis/advantage in the wind i suppose

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I'm planning on coming now. I'll be in a Grey Toyota Celica riding a Cannondale Rush. See you there!

radoggair
    Free Member

i've got no transport and i've arranged to do a road ride tomorrow

cancel the road, and do the forum ride, you know you wanna!!!!

Where u travelling from??

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

edinburgh, but as much as i'd love to, i can't let my friend down. damn my time off for not being online and remembering about this. at least the wind will be better than today, was bad enough running never mind riding!

Smee
    Free Member

For those that are swithering, There is not a cloud in the sky and not a breath of wind out there today…

swiss01
    Free Member

packing my van as we speak. weather looks great. switherers should get be getting out the door!

robgarrioch

Wouldnt you know it, been up half the night while last nights meal deceided whether it liked being in my stomach or not (it didn't btw). Feeling fragile but coming anyway – want to at least see the way out. There's plenty chances to bail, eh?

Smee
    Free Member

Thy Gypsy Glen loop is only around 10-12 miles or so and there are no real chances to bail on it. But plenty chances to go hide and have an evacuation.

Once you get into GT the options for bailing are limitless.

househusband

*packs some tissues for robgarrioch*

Top.Dog
    Free Member

great ride, sorry i had to bale after Gypsy Glen, sure glupton will have got you all lost by now anyway 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

Quality ride with some epic skid marks being left.

robgarrioch

Yes indeed, a fine way to spend a sunny Sunday morning. More kudos to George for bringing it together, and not a stack to be seen (up to Glentress at least??). Reckon that 1st climb through the heather may be THE new challenge. Some photo efforts from the day –

A litle gnarl-stylin'

And a few more here

P.S. is Glentress dust actually the most penetrative substance on the planet?

Kit
    Free Member

I didn't get many photos today, and they were mostly crap. Great ride thought! Don't feel shagged now as I did at the Hub.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gingerfox/

IA

Assuming that steep bit thru the heather is where I think it is, you can avoid it.

When going up through Cardrona forest, near the top you take a left on a fireroad split to come out the bottom of that steep climb up the side of the forest/fence? just go straight on the fire-road instead, you end up with a short singletrack climb to join the forest edge track after that horrid steep bit.

Depends how you're getting to that point of course, you might not have gone up through the forest.

househusband

Thanks all for a good ride – for those interested:

big-chief-96
    Free Member

where is Tweed Valley?

Smee
    Free Member

IA – why the hell would you want to avoid the steep bit? One day we'll make it up cleanly, until then we'll keep on trying.

moremudplease
    Free Member

only one stack,big deek,on the epic,completely cracked his helmet,bruised head burst fingers n skint knee,but true to style he picked himself up and completed the hurl,had a good day and enjoyed the hurl,sees ya later

moremudplease
    Free Member

hi there,used memory map to create a route card and the milage seems to work out,roughly 23 miles,wait for it,4949 feet of climbing,thats a big climbing day,that explains why the legs are sluggish

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Looks like you's had a cracking day. From looking at the pictures you's got a great turn out. I done a bit of the west highland way it was a good day out although I got chased all the way home by the rain.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

You must have read my mind mmp, was just going to ask if anyone knew!

Anyway, great days riding thanks to Goan, the final decent on Gypsy Glen was a peach 😀

radoggair
    Free Member

did everyone see how good i was today?? 😛

radoggair
    Free Member

oh, and wound sex, you know its wrong but still think its ……………… !!!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Looks crap, I definately picked the right day to go out 😈

Top.Dog
    Free Member

17 was the count i think, good effort from everyone who turned up. Rewarded with great trails, great weather and great company

Smee
    Free Member

radoggair – you're sticking it in the wrong gash mate.

radoggair
    Free Member

radoggair – you're sticking it in the wrong gash mate.

apologies, but, erm, whats the right gash, or we talking flaps again here?? 🙄

Smee
    Free Member

I saw you eyeing up moremudpleases gash on him knee. Deviant. 😉

Kit
    Free Member

did everyone see how good i was today??

You were too fast and skillful to form an opinion from the back of the pack… 😉

I fell off too, but keeping it quiet because I didn't draw enough blood for bandaging…

moremudplease
    Free Member

woah,he wasn,t eying up me,moremudplease was on the stumpy fsr with the blue top and 3/4 bottoms,I am way out o radoggairs league sexually,that was big del with the skint knee

Smee
    Free Member

You just didn't see him eyeing you up….

moremudplease
    Free Member

purely male dna here,no gash

househusband

used memory map to create a route card and the milage seems to work out,roughly 23 miles,wait for it,4949 feet of climbing,thats a big climbing day,that explains why the legs are sluggish

Wasn't that much, not according to the GPS log from today:

But then I missed out on doing as much of the red as some of you, and the black as Goan and I took a shortcut – but tired legs all round!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fancy a Tweed Valley STW meet type thing?’ is closed to new replies.