Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • anyone for a midweek Dartmoor ride next week ?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

gonna be down at the inlaws and could manage to escape Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri or Sat if anyones game ?

slugwash
    Free Member

I should be up for a ride, prefably Tuesday or Wednesday morning, or anytime Saturday. There may be a nightride at Haldon on Thursday evening with other STWers if the weather isn't too atrocious. Whereabouts are you staying?

E-mail in profile in case of Downtime thingy going on for days.

Christowkid
    Free Member

might want to keep an eye on the weather.
    Building up where I am now, blowy and rain set in, continuing tomorrow. Friday meant to be bad and also significant rain over weekend with flooding. Not sure what happens after w/e but it's going to be wet for the next few days.
    Moor might be soggy, Haldon will take it though.
    Q

carlphillips
    Free Member

i'd avoid the moor if i were you. where are you based, we may go out thurs night from plympton for a few hours.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Keep t'road lads…

qwerty
    Free Member

Hi Slugwash –
    What about Wed 18th 12:00 ride from Princetown?
    Bagpuss from over mlehere suggested location and is up for it,
    i'm gonna try to contact Si and Trailmonkey too
    QWERTY

slugwash
    Free Member

Good choice of location considering the weather 🙂 I'll double check my work diary and get back to you ASAP. I suspect that TM will probaly be at work that day. Have a good weekend. BTW, how long a ride did you have in mind?

qwerty
    Free Member

sugwash – bagpuss said to me:

"Hi,

Good work. I'd suggest starting at Burrator as you end on a downhill not a climb. If starting from Princetown then I reckon I'll be there shortly after 12.15. Got to drive up from Plymouth and pick up bike on the way.

You been out that way before?

Rough as here now, forecast force 10 or 11 in the Channel. Awesome outside, glad I'm in here.

Chris"

I'm not a local myself so i'll go with starting at Burrator, i think we should see how it pans out in the day as to how long we ride as weather is pretty bad right now. I'll probably be away from internerd from Mon or Tue but i'll mail you both my mobile number. M

knottie8
    Free Member

Ah but if you finish the ride at Princetown there is a pub !

snaps
    Free Member

I'm keeping an eye on this but the weather will be the decider for me.

qwerty
    Free Member

SNAPS – ok, keep an eye on this thread, i'll be able to access internet from local library, so we can all keep in contact. Surely after all this rain it must actually stop at some point???????????

qwerty
    Free Member

i'm off down to Devonium now, limited access to internet once there, i've exchanged mobile Nos with Slugwash & Bagpuss so we're keeping in contact that way. Please could Slugwash post on here to keep Snaps in the loop (any others welcome too!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘anyone for a midweek Dartmoor ride next week ?’ is closed to new replies.