Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone get tickets to the Olympics mountain bike events?
  • bol

I got the email this morning to confirm what I had already pretty much worked out – I got a couple of tickets to the mountain biking. Didn’t get anything else I was hoping for, but MTB was at the top of my list, so pretty chuffed. Who else is going to be there?

Think I’ll probably still try and get tickets for something obscure at the Olympic park, just so my daughter can experience it, if there’s owt left.

Dr_Bakes

Bah. No as suspected my £46 deduction was for the football at Wembley and not the BMX finals that I’d have preferred.

I’m happy to get anything given the odds but having applied for 5 cycling events and then throwing in the football as an afterthought I can’t help being a bit disappointed. Happy to arrange a swap if anyone has excess tickets! If not I’ll be down for the road race, time trial and the marathon.

maxray
    Free Member

Didn’t get track cycling or MTB 🙁

ivantate
    Free Member

Nope, we got 1 session at an early athletics.

a bit peeved about the biking, who would have thought it was so popular!

brakes
    Free Member

couple for the boxing

Rob_S
    Free Member

Athletics qualifying for us.

retro83
    Free Member

Got mens mountain biking 😀 Bit gutted I didn’t get BMX tho 🙁

Jason
    Free Member

Got four mens mtb tickets. Didn’t get the track cycling, athletics or opening ceremony (didn’t think there was much chance with those) tickets.

If I had known how over subscribed it was going to be I would have applied for more, but I guess that applies to most people.

Rob_S
    Free Member

We also bought a package through Thomas Cook which includes a hockey semi-final and the BMX semis and finals! 🙂

Zoolander
    Free Member

Yep – got tickets for the men’s mtb – looking forward to it!

4ndyB
    Free Member

I think my mate has got two tickets for the MTB so it looks like I’m going to that with him 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

We got sod all. Applied for 5 cycling events and a couple of athletics.

Feeling quite negative about the whole olympic thing now

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

None for Track or MTB 🙁 Wasn’t interested in any other.

woody74

Got nowt even though applied for the MTBing, now they are saying there are MTB tickets available, whats that about. I now have to reapply even though they have all my details. Why didn’t they just give me some in the first round!

Notter
    Free Member

Nothiing MTB (or track unfortunately) here but I have got tickets to the Mens 10m Platform Diving Final, quite chuffed actually 🙂

Rivett
    Free Member

I think there are tickets left for the women’s mountain biking.

london_lady
    Free Member

Yes – am going to the women’s mtb. We pretty much guessed that these were the only tickets we got since it is the only cycling event with tickets still available – confirmation email this morning.

khani
    Free Member

We wanted to as we only live ten minutes away
    No joy though and I cba trying again, the ticket system sucks obllocks! considering renting rooms out and going on holiday instead

richmars

Got nowt even though applied for the MTBing, now they are saying there are MTB tickets available, whats that about. I now have to reapply even though they have all my details. Why didn’t they just give me some in the first round!

Same here, did you only apply for the cheap ones? I think it’s the expensive ones that didn’t sell out.

geoffj

No MTB, BMX or Track, but did get 4 tickets for the football @ Old Trafford 😕

purser_mark
    Free Member

The Mrs and I got MTB tickets for the mens event, so did several of my mates.

Makes me wonder if your postcode carried any weight on the decision as we’re all local to “Hilly” Essex.

Should be good fun!

See you in the beer tent 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Yep 2 mens MTB tickets, didn’t get any track, gymnastics or hockey, but I can live with that!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Makes me wonder if your postcode carried any weight on the decision as we’re all local to “Hilly” Essex

My Essex postcode carried no weight

bigdawg
    Free Member

the postcode carries no weight at all – I live virtually on top of the course and I ddidnt even get women’s tickets – of which there are apparently some left…

total cock up – im sure the delivery peeps are patting themselves on the back deciding what to do with their bonuses….

khani
    Free Member

My Essex postcode carried no weight

Neither did mine, twattocks!!!!

ourmaninthenorth

Most of the tickets remaining to be bought are for football? Why, because those stadia are pretty big and Antigua v turkey isn’t exactly going to be a sellout….

I got hockey (OK – I used to play at a decent level) and weightlifting (which I don’t recall applying for..!).

Evesie
    Free Member

No MTB tickets, or any others, here either & I’m a local to the event. Quite p…..d off with the whole ticket debacle. I won’t be paying £20 to go & watch the “practice” event next month either. May try going along & practice climbing over the fence tho’ in prep’ for next year…

sadmadalan

Got Volleyball and two sets of Basketball – but no MTB or cycling. Or Hockey

Still I will get to go to the Olympics

purser_mark
    Free Member

Well if it really was a lottery / random pick it’s the first time I’ve ever gotten lucky! Didn’t even get V tickets this year.

Sorry to those that weren’t so lucky

Just off to buy a scratchcard and a Lotto ticket, perhaps things have changed….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

considering renting rooms out and going on holiday instead

I am seriously considering the same, as I live just a couple of miles from Lympic park. Charge what, hundred quid a night for 3 weeks? Deposit of a few grand? Gotta be worth a pop, eh?

Might be a good idea not to tell me layndlord though…. 😉

khani
    Free Member

It’s that or peddle down there and climb over the fence
    Shirly they won’t have That much security….I mean how suspicious can a middle aged Asian man with a northern accent and a rucksack be……..

totalshell

applied for something for everyday and got… a fortnight off with accomadation booked and nothing to go and watch except the telly

DrP

Me, the missus,and little lad all got tickets to the mens MTB race/victory thing…
    Pretty chuffed – and live in Dorset so no postcode weight!

DrP

TiRed

No track (mid price)
    No men’s MTB
    No shooting
    No opening ceremony
    So I think we’ll rent the house out and go away for two weeks.
    I too am feeling pretty jaded 😕

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone get tickets to the Olympics mountain bike events?’ is closed to new replies.