Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone got a link to the Nan Bield route
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

Searched but cant seem to come up with a definitive route?

I plan on doing it this Saturday, usually ride on my own, is that advisable, i heard its pretty remote/tough etc

lowey

Make sure you let someone know where you are going and what time you will be back.

yetiguy
    Free Member

Thanks lowey, any idea how long it will take?

lowey
    lowey

If your on your own and with a reasonable level of fitness, I;d say 4-5 hours.

lowey

You might want to try and throw in Garburn on the way back too if your feeling fit, make it a three pass day. Let me know if you need the route.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

If it helps I did it years back on a orange clockwork with 63mm of RST’s finest elastomer powered travel – now it was quite technical and I did destroy the brake pads on the V brakes – but it was do-able – It was only a year or so ago when looking at thread about Lakeland passes to do before you die that I realised that I had ridden it

But I’d let people know your route as the potential for stuff going wrong & the need for assistance out is quite high

yetiguy
    Free Member

seems like a tough one with a lot of carrying but the descent seems well worth it

lowey

It is an ACE route mate. The carry up from Haweswater is soon overand the forecast for Sunday is superb. The Views will knock you out. If I wasnt booked to ride in the Dales I'd come up and join you.

Have a good one.

deserter
    Free Member

flat tyres

I did a couple of routes off this site and found them well explained and pretty easy to follow, loved the Stavely section of it but hated the hike a bike before Nan Bield, we did it in Winter and it was really icy and we ran out of daylight towards the end

Ed-O
    Free Member

Off to attempt to ride down the usual Nan Bield push up tomorrow as part of a Singletrack magazine feature.

crazy-legs

Searched but cant seem to come up with a definitive route?

The Trail Guide tab at the top…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/trailguide/uk/north-west/the-south-lake-district/

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

I know you STW boys like steep stuff but that is just ridiculous. I expect to read that it all ended in failure

ton

Ed, DanG rode down the north side last year..

wors

Off to attempt to ride down the usual Nan Bield push up tomorrow as part of a Singletrack magazine feature.

that will be one tough decent!

yetiguy
    Free Member

Thanks crazy legs, thats exactly what i was looking for, i had seen it before but couldnt remember where

jimleach
    Free Member

did it today with ed. its a fantastic descent. on a par with rosset ghyl, maybe better. good doo 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'd have thought it'd be a wee bit harder than Rosset Ghyl. At least Rosset Ghyl has a pub at the bottom so you can reward yourself with a drink after making it down alive.

yetiguy
    Free Member

how long did it take you?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Me? From the start of the hike a bike I carried for about 3/4 of an hour and for about 1.5km I think, had to turn around as it was getting dark. Took me about 15 mins to ride back down I think, can't remember if that was to bottom or to the pub.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

nice to meet you and ed today jim,I was on the commencal 😉

jimleach
    Free Member

nice to meet you too, had a great day.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Nan Bield backwards was ace and all ridden. There will be a feature in Singletrack magazine, in a couple of issues time, which will include the Pass Storm. It was part of a three day video shoot by MTBcut on a road trip with riding at Lee Quarry, Calderdale and Nan Bield. Riders featured were Danny Macaskill, Rowan Sorrell, Aimee Dix, Jo Barnes and me popping in here and there.

Sorry to miss you guys, Gavgas, at the end. We went to a pub in the first vilage we came to, Bampton I think, that was doing lovely food.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

no worries ed,we actually stopped at the pub a half mile further back than you,in Bampton 🙄

you were at Bampton grange.

Hopefully we will see you up here again soon, it was a great day,

that will be one tough decent!

Not for these two!!!! 😯

I still cant get my head around how fast those guys can ride!

Ed Oxley Danny Mcasgill and Aimee dix nan bield shelter Thursday 8)

mtbcut
    Free Member

Haha…. All these photographers hijacking my shoot 😉

It was good times indeed! Video edit will be a few weeks though!

Ed-O
    Free Member

I got the red beanie. It's only one down from the Red Bull Helmet….

jimleach
    Free Member

looking forward to seeing it stu, hope eds dad line makes the final edit 🙂 really was an ace day.

gavgas, any chance of a copy of your shots? mine are pretty poor.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Looking at your previous films Stu,It will be a great vid
    Some brilliant riding by everyone and a nice bunch of people too!

Contact me through Facebook Jimleach (Michael B)theres some pictures on there or I can email you some whatever suits. 😉

GaVgAs
    Free Member
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a link to the Nan Bield route’ is closed to new replies.