Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone tried this rear light from DX?
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’ve ordered one, not arrived yet though.

singletracksurfer

ah ok. please post when you’ve tried it out. Thanks.

shame it comes with a whopping great (unncessary) battery.
    suppose it can act as a back up for the main light though.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

More batteries the better AFAIK 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

shame it comes with a whopping great (unncessary) battery.
    suppose it can act as a back up for the main light though.

Why is the battery unnecessary?
    And why would you put a red light on the front?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I think he means the battery would be a backup for the front lamp unit if it ran out.

I got some Y cables too, intending to run both off a single battery on my commuter.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Fairly cheap way to get a spare/new battery too.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

It would make sense if they sold the rear light on its own. Then, with a Y-cable, you could run it off the front light. Can’t see it anywhere without the battery though?

You can get the front light on its own without the battery so if you were ordering both it would work out ok.

lesoudeur
    Free Member

Have been using one for a while with no problems and the light is much brighter than the Cateye ld1100. The battery size is no problem and I put it directly under the saddle with the supplied pouch. Ensure that you waterproof it though. You can connect it to your front magic shine light to share the battery with a “y” connector. Weaknesses: you have to keep turning the bezel to select one of 3 modes and it is not very intuitive..but works; flashing modes could be better; most posts are not vertical so the light shines slightly downward..no big deal. It has been tested to last 9 hrs on full with the battery supplied.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Yup, I’m still waiting for it to arrive though. IT’s been at least a fortnight since they shipped it…

grim168
    Free Member

i have one and its bright as ****. much brighter than a smart half watt and a spare battery for front on a night ride

singletracksurfer

yeah meant it is a big battery for a small light which wont be on all the time. planming on y cable snd running it off the front when needrd.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried this rear light from DX?’ is closed to new replies.