Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anywhere sell extra long allen keys
  • jimmy

y’know, nice and comfy with a rubber handle, ball ends. ahem, for those bolts you put in 3 years ago with no grease….

coatesy
    Free Member

Try Tooled-up.com .Bought a full set of Britool Power Keys recently for not a lot of money, with delivery only taking a few days.

gusamc
    Free Member

Length – depending on space constraints – you can cut a short one(so it is straight), then fix it into a socket (small 1/4 drive) (blutack/tape etc) then use a 2ft long socket extender.

Leveerage, you can use a big ring spanner around and against the key, or get a bit of pipe and beat it flattish till it fits…

Joxster
    Free Member

I got some at B&Q

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

All longer Allen keys will achieve is rounding off the bolt head …..

fivespot
    Free Member

Don’t use ball enders on old tight allen bolts, they will shear off where the reduction in size is to create the ball. If you have a spare slightly larger one, grind it down carefully so that it will fit tight with the aid of a few hammer taps.

jimmy

PeterPoddy – Member

All longer Allen keys will achieve is rounding off the bolt head …..

err too late…. :/

uplink
    Free Member

Use Torx bits in dodgy hex bolts – you’ll get much more purchase

I tend to use them for pretty much all hex bolts these days – whether they’re chewed up or not

z1ppy

anyone want to recommend a decent manufacturer of allen keys?
    My current one have been great but there starting to wear and give me grief on ‘tired’ bolts.

midlifecrashes

The only makers of Allen keys are Allen, all the others are just hex keys. But Allen, CK, Britool all good. RS components will get some proper Allen ones to you next day. Oh, and you could order a selection of new bolts while you’re at it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere sell extra long allen keys’ is closed to new replies.