Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Apologies to Brant and the Ti456
  • Daffy

I recently wrote on thread about Ti hardtails that I was having a mare of a time getting my chris king hubs to work on the Ti456 after trying said wheels on the Mojo and them working fine.

I tried them on the Klein and the Kona and have similar problems. Msut be that the Mojos rear is stiffer?! I dunno.

I’m running the wheels in on some road use for the next 2 weeks commuting That should put maybe 200 miles on them and I’ll see if they slacken.

My bad…Sorry Brant and sorry Ti456.

Martin

loopyloop
    Free Member

…what’s the point of such a post? who cares?

fontmoss
    Free Member

you cared enough to read AND post a reply…

Daffy

I cared, I was wrong and admitted it. If anyone else read the post they may have considered not buying a Ti456 based partially on what I said.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Well done Daffy for owning up to mistakes. It takes strength of character to admit you’re a total numpty in public.

🙂

brant
    Free Member

I care.

And I’m glad Daffy cares, cos that makes him cool.

Loopyloop – go play with Andy Pandy.

rOcKeTdOg

My bad

such an awful expression

andywhit
    Free Member

Daffy – did you check your hub as per my suggestion on your initial thread to see if your hub had broken like mine did ?

(If you don’t know what I’m talking about then check the original thread, I posted a msg but I don’t know if you saw it)

guitarhero
    Free Member

We all knew it was you anyway 🙂

hora
    Free Member

This is a gay thread [FACT]

guitarhero
    Free Member

^^^ whereas "Possible to be married in Germany?" was a real classic ^^^

scruff
    Free Member

what was the problem?

Daffy

Andy – I did mate, but it wasn’t the axle.

Seems to be that one wheels is brand new and hasn’t slackened off enough yet, and the other had recently had a service and hadn’t had enough miles on it, The latter one has done 70 miles so far this week and is already feeling better.

hora
    Free Member

guitarhero- true. It doesnt alter the Gayometer on this un though 😉

guitarhero
    Free Member

Now it’s gay

rOcKeTdOg

where did you get that pic of my BF?

terrahawk
    Free Member

duh. I’ve just thrown my ti456 frame and my CK wheels in the bin because of what you said. You big fanny.

the_lecht_rocks

LOL @ Terra – Told you Daffy my Ti456 + King combo was fine – All you need is a quick ringdrive service every couple of months (I use Mobil 1) and all will be well 😀

Daffy

T’sokay terra, you’re loaded anyway, you can just buy another.

hora
    Free Member

Lecht – what weight is that oil? I fell a couple of times on my ti456 due to my rear King sticking and dragging at the wrong moments (me? blame me kit? NOOOO)

wwaswas

"I fell a couple of times on my ti456 due to my rear King sticking and dragging at the wrong moments"

lol

hora
    Free Member

"I fell a couple of times on my ti456 due to my rear King sticking and dragging at the wrong moments" lol

🙄

The bike and me had a different understanding of which way we should be going and how the designated driver handled himself. The bike won. 8)

Woody
    Free Member

I fell a couple of times on my ti456 due to my rear King sticking and dragging at the wrong moments

Wouldn’t that have been caused by your left hand subconsciously tightening to match your sphincter on slope of more than 1 in 20 😆

hora
    Free Member

Possibly….actually through a boggy bit I spun the pedals back a notch, slackened the chain and fell sideways

Woody
    Free Member

You have a coaster brake ??????

richc
    Free Member

it the freehub jams, then yes you do have a coaster brake

WTF
    Free Member

[img]http://www.dub-marines.co.uk/forums/Smileys/citi/ico_gayfight.gif[/img]

hora
    Free Member

WTF- somehow that wiggling bot is mesmerising 😕

duckman

Oh to be in the position to worry about my King wheels working on my Mojo, but not my 456.

Daffy

Yes…poor me…. my wallet’s to small for my 50s and my diamond shoes are too tight.

All my stuff is SH

duckman

Mine too, but none of mine says King! Still, can’t buy your health, and you obviously are colourblind if you thought those green hubs/hopes were a good idea,drop your bike in Spring and it would take you an hour to find it 😀 mind,were you not shifting a pink set recently?

Daffy

NOOO! The pink set are new and I’ve just bought a nice set of second hand CKs in green.

Second hand CKs are the way to go, if they were going to go wrong they’d have done it by now. All the bedding in problems are long gone, It’s just trouble free riding and little maintenance.

Daffy

You’ll never loose my bike regardless of the colour of the grass. Last year around March time we were riding the Skiddaw round and I was way way ahead of most of the pack with a fried called Dave. The guys at the back could see me from 2 miles away and thought I was alone at the front!

T’is a very visible green

coogan
    Free Member

Bloody ugly frame too.

Daffy

I dunno, I think it looks good. Certainly makes me wanna get out of bed and ride it.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Apologies to Brant and the Ti456’ is closed to new replies.