Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Are JE JAMES Rubbish or was I unlucky?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Bought (well I paid for some stuff)on 15 June posted 17 th June
    Not arrived yet and their correspondence is sporadic at best …dont reply to e-mails and I need to send them repeatedly to get a response dont answer the phone repsond to telephone messages etc…when they do they are not very helpful though they have reassured me though that when they get the returned items from the post ofiice (now at 8 days waiting for this) they will post them to me at no extra cost as it was not my fault 🙄
    I have never used them before are they always this awful or have I been unfortunate
    I know the sale of Goods act ta and paid by credit card so that is not the issue.
    I dont blame them for the Post Office messing up either but surely they could either send me some items from stock/answer my calls/ e-mails or refund my money. The cuhstomer service in dealing with the problem is pi55 poor

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

If you’ve paid by credit card, then get onto them which should speed things up.

thefallguy
    Free Member

just do a search on here! I won’t touch their mail order with a barge pole.

Its prob ok if you don’t mind ringing them everday to get a different story of why your stuff hasn’t been sent out, and you prefer 8 week delivery rather than next day.

mrsflash
    Free Member

You aren’t unlucky!

Baldysquirt

In the shop they’re not bad (I’ve actually had quite positive dealings with them recently), but their mail order has a very poor reputation.

wors

Should have gone to merlin!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my LBS in sheffield was CRC and wiggle, despite numerous attempts, either ending in, “no i cant wait that long for you to order it”, or “HOW MUCH!” i just gave up.

Quite happy to buy from LBS’s in Derby, it’s a fiver on the train, usualy get good service at Mercian or Samways, genreraly save the train fare at least, and get a free meal out of my parents.

turnip
    Free Member

so you havent recieved the items, which is royal mails fault, or you werent in to sign for them which is your fault? Have i got this completely wrong??

They are not a charity, they have to go through royal mails piss poor paperwork and loop holes before they can send you another.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

they have to go through royal mails piss poor paperwork and loop holes before they can send you another.

strictly speaking the Post Office are not responsible for JE James’s internal policies on delivery. A replacement could be dispatched while the lost item is in transit, and that’s a different contract

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

JE James awarded the worst mail order service award 2009. Previously held by Dave Hinde in 2008!

mrsflash
    Free Member

turnip, read the op again.

Pieface

On the subject of Royal Mail, anybody else think that them offering insurance on your postage is a bit silly? I trust them to deliver it safely.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It is the retailers responsibility to get the goods to you.

daveh
    Free Member

On a more positive note, I’d describe JEJames as…..

…..variable.

🙂

AndyPaice
    Free Member

just visit the shop, they’re nice guys really

LoveTubs
    Free Member

They are my LBS and TBH, initially, they were a tad fickle but once they’d got to know my face (shouldn’t be like that I admit) they were OK: however I had to tell their mechanic to fit a spacer behind a 10sp cassette on a 9sp freehub on groupo I was having built which was causing the grinding noice they couldn’t correct??????

So….yeah (in an Eddy Izzard kind of way??)

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Mail order is rubbish. Waited 1 month to recieve the correct rear mech after they forgot my order then sent wrong one! 👿

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Poor and then poorer. Shame they have cheap stuff else i would be able to avoid them for ever.

Brycey
    Free Member

Was just setting reminder there to phone them in the morning about cheap Boxxer 2010s on website….hmmm

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Are JE JAMES Rubbish or was I unlucky?’ is closed to new replies.