Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bastid DX P7 Versus Bastid Clone XML
  • trout
    Free Member

Smudge and I have obtained a bastid clone of the dx bastid but with XML led on board and it is pretty darn OK .

beam shot comparison

DX bastid P7

Clone Bastid XML

snaps
    Free Member

Which reflector is that in the second pic Chris?
    Is there a different choice or just the one?

trout
    Free Member

Heyup Mark hows it going .

got a lakes trip sorted with the Germans if you are interested.

July 23 for a week

no idea on the reflector but it is not a bodged P7 job as fits the xml perfectly .

z1ppy

I take it, that isn’t the one on the Dealextreme site?

Are they available to buy anywhere? Or is this a sample Smudge managed to get hold of?

trout
    Free Member

No its slightly different to the DX one
    seems to be some competition over there with folks ripping off the design 😀

quality wise they seem not bad and certainly outshine the old P7 bastid by a good margin .

peakprowler
    Free Member

Is it for sale or where can I get one?

Jammy111
    Free Member

ooo they look good, any info on where to get one from?

smudge
    Free Member

Yes Zippy, its the same one that I have.

We have taken the battery and light apart to assess the quality and with a few recomendations to the build I am arranging for us to become their UK stockist.

Any feedback is good at this point.

But its going to be a competitive market this year especially with dealextreme but we’ll compete with them the best we can.

Smudge

lipseal
    Free Member

I found these but can’t do iPhone link so here a picture, might ba a different light though?

Only found it because I want to upgrade the led in my old light.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

lipseal,
    Linked it for you here

The pics on there show a differntly machined housing but the reflector and emitter look similar to the XML based clone above.

Looks like there’s competition in the market now.
    The packaging is (perhaps not surprisingly) very similar <EDIT> to the original Bastid </EDIT>!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How come the XML is 1000lumen and the P7 900 lumen and the second shot looks a lot more than 10% brighter?

Is this new light made with much better bits?

<edit>

The DX XML light is 1000lumen, the one linked above is 1200lumen. Still that’s a lot more than 30% brighter.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That linky is only £42! Even if that only gices you say a true 900 lumens thats a bargain.

“How come the XML is 1000lumen and the P7 900 lumen and the second shot looks a lot more than 10% brighter?”

From all the reviews including Trout’s the P7 one was never 900 lumens, more like 600-700…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So by that logic is this new one actualy 1200lumen?

lipseal
    Free Member

Has anyone looked to see if you can just buy the lamp?

trout
    Free Member

They are all talking out of their arses

the DX bastid and other P7 lamps say 900 lumens but we know cos they have been lab measured to be approx 550 lumens .

the P7 manufacturers rating is 900 lumens at its full drive current and if it could be kept cold so they are quoting the theretical max lumens .

same goes for the xml rated @ 1000 lumens at 3 amp drive if kept below 25 degrees c

the 1200 lumen claims are fairy tales but will suck in some punters .

I have measured the drive current for this XML light and it was 2700 ma so not a bad effort on the makers

it will be going off to Chris the lumen testing guy for a shakedown in his lab when I find his email again so we will know the true lumen count .

as Smudge has said we may be selling our souls to the devil and shipping some in but only if we are both happy with the quality and the fact we can provide a good aftersales service if any go tits up .

yes just the light heads will be available for those wanting to upgrade

benz
    Free Member

Chris / Smudge,

Just so happens that took mate out for first night ride last night and he now wants his own light.

If it’s a light unit and Smudge battery/charger combo then I’ll have one on his behalf – on the assumption that we ain’t talking silly money here.

Chris – don’t suppose you have a triple 35mm xm-l and optic spare?

montylikesbeer

Chris when is the LL Mk3 due out, I feel the need for more light

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bastid DX P7 Versus Bastid Clone XML’ is closed to new replies.