Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bib Tights
  • DrDomRob
    Free Member

Hi All,

On the lookout for some bib tights and bib shorts cause I am fed up of my cheapo shorts and leggings riding low and providing me with padding between me thighs, so much to choose from, currently looking at (CRC and wiggle specials):

Shimano Originals Bib Tight Inc Chamois – £30 (49% Saving)
    Pearl Izumi PRO Softshell Bibtights From – £99 (44% Saving)
    Northwave Blade Bib Tights 2011 – £63 (10% Ssaving)
    Endura Thermolite Pro Biblong Tights – £67 (4% Saving)
    dhb Pace Roubaix Bib Tight with Pad 2011 – £49 (0% saving :()

Tempted by the Shimano’s purely down to the 49% saving… Haven’t got as far as looking at shorts yet.

Anyone got any experience of any of the above, I saw on the “best winter kit” thread some dhb bibs were mentioned, but no others from what I read (1st page)!

Cheers all.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ve been using some Pearl Izumi Elite bibs (one down from the PRO on your list I think) for the past couple of months, and they’re absolutely brilliant. Great down to about -12 degrees C…I only started to get chilly at -15. They have windproof bits and ventilated bits where required, very comfy, and the chamois is better than I thought it’d be. Ace stuff.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Worth the extra £69 though?

I am in no doubt we’ll be getting more cold spells, and the warmth will obviously be nice, but is it worth three times as much. But then it is anice beig discount on them as well!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Well I’ve not tried the others, so can’t really help much I’m afraid :-). The Pearl Izumis that I have are ok for less freezing weather too due to the ventilated bits.

bland

Endura really aint worth the money in my experience, down to the chamoix being in the wrong place mainly and resulting in the back of your butt being half on and half off the pad. My decathlon ones are better and that is saying something as their fitting is normally terrible too

MRanger156
    Free Member

I have cheap DHB bibtights and some of there more expensive bibshorts. The more expensive DHB stuff is excellent – really comfy and good value. The cheaper ones are still very good for the money though.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve been mega impressed with my Altura Reflex Ergofit Windproof bib longs.

Very comfy, good fit, warm without being sweaty.

RRP is £99 but Tredz have them for £75 or the non-windproof version for just over £60

kcr
    Free Member

I have found Endura bibs to be very hard wearing over many winters of regular commuting. I would consider getting the unpadded version if you are riding regularly, because you can wear bib shorts underneath and it saves having to wash tights every time you go out.

thomthumb
    Free Member

northwave ones are typically italian and v. short. i had to go a size or two up to get the bib straps to fit me, they still cut in a bit and give me a moose hoof, and the leg grippers are baggy.

with the bib section look for ones with a thong shape strap up the back rather than two singles – helps to keep them on your shoulders better. HTH

gamo
    Free Member

Edinburgh bike coop have 20% of all clothing at the mo, i got a pair
    of Endura thermolites today for £52.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Moose hoof haha

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I currently have about 5 pairs of shorts, v. cheap at the time, actually very comfy but over time they tend to work their way down so there is no padding on the saddle, as I mentioned earlier.

Now if I bought non padded bib’s, do you think I could get away with wearing these shorts.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Anyone use the Giordana ones? They are the only ones on crc without padding in my size.

crikey
    Free Member

Bibtights are bibtights are bibtights…

You can get lycra ones, roubaix lycra ones, windstopper fronted ones and so on, but it’s best to get them without a chammy and wear your fancy shorts underneath.

I wear baggies over my shorts and tights to stop the bibs getting knacked by the mud and grit, but they are essentially a disposable piece of kit; don’t spend loads of cash!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

dhb gear is usually good value for mone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bib Tights’ is closed to new replies.