• This topic has 197 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 198 total)
  • Big Bike Bash, if you're not there…..
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You're missing a bloody wonderful event.
    I'm right outside the beer tent now and I can't think of a better place to be. The weather is superb. The music is rocking. The vibe is relaxed.
    WCA has pulled one out of the hat for sure.

😀

photos when I recover!

psychle
    Free Member

wish I was… bloody work 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

So wonderful you are spending your time posting on stw on your phone? 😉

psychle
    Free Member

though… if I was at the BBB I wouldn't have landed Mr TheSwede's lovely Ti IF frame, so there's a silver lining for me 8)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Has Juan done the washing up and gone to bed yet?? 8)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Has Juan done the washing up and gone to bed yet??

I doubt it. Playing with water appears to be his preferred choice. Earlier this evening Juan was repeatedly squirting RudeBoy from a great distance, with the biggest water pistole I have ever seen ….. much to the annoyance of the little mouthy cockney sparrow.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh. Don't you love a good hangover?!

Bacon sarnie on the go though!
    😀

rowley
    Free Member

anything happening there today or has the event finished?

luke
    Free Member

there events on until 2ish then the prizes giving bit, still some beer only 2 hours 10 mins until happy afternoon prices kick in as well, real ales £1 a pint from 12.
    It's been a bloody good weekend, nice to put some faces to names.
    The beer tents already open, its where i'm posting from.
    Thanks Nick/Rich and everyone else who's helped make it a cracker.
    BBB 10?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

'Mummy that mans got pink gloves!' I thinks this is Juan, at least thats what I heard folk shouting.

Some BBB pics, got back last night!

My man about to race.

lovely lake

Liked this bit of the course, good fun!

Thanks to all who organised BBB we had a great time and thanks to WCA for remembering Joels autism and having a little chill out bit for him, lovely. Joel had an amazing time and I have never (honest) ever seen him so happy or relaxed.

MussEd
    Free Member

I'm right outside the beer tent now and I can't think of a better place to be.

I'd have thought inside the beer tent would have been better?

willej

I have to agree, we (Thinking for Tuesday) all had a great time and really enjoyed playing last night. I haven't been to a mountain biking event with such a good atmosphere since the Malverns in 1993 or whenever it was!
    I am looking forward to next year's BBB already. Next year I'm definitely staying over, bringing my bike, racing and trying all the beers.
    Well done and thanks to all involved.

allthepies
    Free Member

>I am looking forward to next year's BBB already.

Thought this was a one-off ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

WCA has said it's a one off, yes, but I think there's a good chance of a repeat because it is going so well. There's a lot of happy faces about…..

WCA and Soma Rich have put an unbelieveable amount of work into this. They've lived on site since Wednesday and they are both knackered but happy. The prize pool is incredible too.

The man with the pink gloves is indeed Juan
    😀

luke
    Free Member

got to have another i've bought all the kit to serve the real ales, so it would be a shame not to get some more use out of it.

juan
    Free Member

Yes I was wearing pink gloves, yes I did the most amazing superman on an Isla bike scooter for the bike limbo, yes I add the best time at a bike event ever, yes I did borrowed someonelses's kid to fail at the tag along race, yes I did the jump lake and it was awesome, yes the track stand was a very good idea, yes the bands were amazing, yes squirting on rude boy was such a relief (if someone sees him ask him about his night), yes I have add many faces to my 'let take a very gay picture just the two of us' photo collection, yes the knock down race was interesting, yes the BBB was a marvelous AND YES WE NEED A BLOODY BBB2 next year.

Now before i claim my stw tart crow back from loula, can I just thanks one more everyone that have help ;arshalling and putting up such great event…

Now WCA for mp?

P.S. pict my come up soon
    P.P.S griz finally meeting you was wicked
    P.P.P.S if I have missed anything feel free to add something 😀

juan
    Free Member

*wuss mode*
    Actually my ego is quite hurt by loulla not coming and saying hello…

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Oh im sorry Juan, the only time I saw you was on the Saturday and you were whizzing by, had to leave early with the kiddies 🙁 You may have your tart crown back, for now.
    Who was the guy riding in just his pants? Oh if I had been a single lady…
    I hope there is another BBB next year, please!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Fab weekend, fab weather, fab location, fab people!

Here's a few pics
    Some people getting ready for the XC race-

PP gets his raceface on-

Kids loved it. Don't know who this is but her face says it all!

Our host nicks someone's pint-

Get out of this race dezb!

Rich's kid grew up!

knottie8
    Free Member

twin engines !

Drac

Some people getting ready for the XC race-

Blimey must be embarrassing 4 lots of people all wearing the same and 4 attention whores.

Damn fixed in an edit. 😥

peteimpreza

"Who was the guy riding in just his pants? Oh if I had been a single lady…"

That was DrP!!!

There a photos available………….

We had a truly great time as well.

A great XC course for the large folk and loads of fun races for the little dudes.

Awesome support from the sponsors and the thousands of ponds worth of prizes they donated.

Well done WCA and all the team.

Bring on BBB2.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Top event. WCA looked a bit stressed when we arrived on Friday, but everything was superb. Location, weather, people, atmosphere all fantastic. The whole family had a great time at are all ready to go back next year.

juiced
    Free Member

really enjoyed myself 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

P.P.S griz finally meeting you was wicked

Likewise for me Juan – and not least when I discovered that you and me were born in the same town ! 😯
    And, you know the street in which I spent the early days of my life ………. we're like brothers/two peas in a pod we are ! 8) …… although maybe separated by a few decades 🙄

I'm lovin that pic of WCA (flat tyre/beer) ….. classic ! 😀

clareymorris

Has NOBODY else noticed this in Juans posting…..

yes squirting on rude boy was such a relief (if someone sees him ask him about his night),

I personally am laughing out loud!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes I[/b], also noticed that ……….. but kept quiet …….. 'cause I didn't want to lower the tone of the thread 😉

Clink

Brilliant event – lovely relaxed atmosphere and great beer (particularly the cheap stuff being sold off at the end which I'm drinking now 😀 ). Great for families. The tag-a-longs/trailer races with kids was the best idea for a race I've seen. There has got to be a BBB2!

thomthumb
    Free Member

what an ace weekend. just got back; absolutley knackered.

good to meet so many of you guys. cracking work from everyone involved. i wont list names cos i'll only miss out upset some peoiple but everyone worked so hard behind the scenes.

BBB10 is needed.

stumpy_dan
    Free Member

Amazing event, chilled, fun, great races, brill live music, kids activities, wonderful friendly atmosphere. Unique event for families.. ..Big thanks to Nick and all those that organised this event.. Some photo's including some very cool lake jump shots attached Photos..Looking forward to next year

carlphillips
    Free Member

echo those above, a really good 'fun' event my kids thought it was ace, we made use of the free climbing and tree rope access course and the pedalo's (sp?) a really good atmosphere and also good to put a few faces to names and of course get to be in juan's 'gay just the two of us' photo album.

a few photos of my family enjoying the weekend

well done all those involved..!!

Drac

Loving that last photo.

Trampus
    Free Member

That last foto of fmh's just has to be the subject of a caption comp!

It's beautiful!

The subject of the first should advertise all things cycling!

So glad everyone had such a good time, and a bit sad I couldn't make it. 😀

peteimpreza

Anyone remember who the official photographer was?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OMG I'm knackered, a bit sunburned but very happy. I'll try and get my pics up today. We got home after 8pm and collapsed.

Has RudeBoy's embarrasing story been made public yet>
    😀

peteimpreza

"Has RudeBoy's embarrasing story been made public yet?"

Not yet. A special thread of it's is required for that one.

luke
    Free Member

dave saunders was the photograper, can't link to his site at the moment as i'm using my mobile as i'm taking the empty beer barrels back.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Luke, did you polish the last few pints off then? I'd have stayed and helped you out with that, but we had to be at work today.
    I'm absolutely knackered this morning. I need a week off to get over that.

RudeBoy for 'Best Hangover' prize I reckon.
    😉

luke
    Free Member

I only had one drink all weekend other than a sampler of each ale before it went on sale. At the end I belive Nick said to people it was free beer, so I asked for donations, and people were generous so thanks.
    I think there was a about 20 pints left the I had to throw away to take the emptys back, so not bad at all.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I hurt so VERY VERY much. Thank you everyone who came.
    I had the best time I have had at a race/evnt/thingy ever.

You guys made it what it was 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash, if you're not there…..’ is closed to new replies.