• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bike Stolen – Exeter – Genesis latitude
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

good friend of mine has had her bike stolen out of her new house.

its an orange genesis latitude

RS reba bolt thru forks (black)

2011 XT 3×10 groupset

Hope wheels

thomson (iirc) stem/post

please keep your eyes open – it was an insurance replacement for her previous bike, stolen in the spring, from a different property in exeter. she’s gutted.

tamarvin@googlemail.com if you have any info.

thanks

RealMan
    Free Member

That really really sucks. Will be back there in a few weeks, will keep my eyes peeled when I get down there. Any pics?

yunki
    Free Member

good luck.. I’ll keep an ear to the ground..

ebay and the local dodgy pub are your best bet..

toys19
    Free Member

FYI a couple of years ago I recovered my P7 pro from polsloe bridge/whipton area, I took a troll round the usual places and found my bike within minutes of leaving my house.

Is it me or are these like the weather – you watch intently but forget the detail. As I left my house this morning I thought, beady eye for that nicked bike on STW, and I could not remember anything about it.
    A nice piccy would do it.

instanthit
    Free Member

Have you checked bike shop on Topsham Road,(near Buckerell Lodge) has been known for bits of bikes to turn up on sale there! Will keep eyes peeled.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that-

Which area was it stolen from? Time of day, was it locked up?

thepublican
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that-

Whereabouts in Exeter was it stolen? I had a Scott Ransom stolen a few years ago from my old house in heavitree area. Whipton area scallys always target areas close by unfortunately. On the plus side, the police were really good when I lost mine-caught a known bike thief riding it in the town centre the following day… there is hope.

Will keep my eyes peeled, it’s not surrey so anything decent sticks out a mile down here.

Good luck.

toys19
    Free Member

it’s not surrey so anything decent sticks out a mile down here.

Indeed.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

hey, sorry for the late reply – 11 hrs on the mtb today and i’m pretty beat!

I think i have a pic somewhere, and will try to post it tomorrow. she unfortunately has no internet at the moment (literately just moved in), but will try to speak to her tomorrow to get more details.

Many thanks

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Hungry Monkey

Your friend called Jo? Havent spoken to her since 24/12 but tell her Simon and Claire (and baby Josie) are thinking of her.

**** scum-bags.

I know her bike well and will keep a look out.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Hi Simon,

Yeah, its Jo – will pass on your message, thanks

amedias
    Free Member

+ for look round whipton/BH lane

I recovered my GFs stolen cannondale from there after it was nicked from inside a church in Heavitree. Found it just leant up against a fence!

Where was it stolen from?

I think I know the bike too, migth have seen her out on it round woodbury and haldon so will keep my eyes peeled!

Matt

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks guys – will be passing this all on to her when i speak to her later.

i reckon she’ll be having a drive around looking – she saw her previous bike locked up, and attached her own lock to it, then waited for the theif to appear again… hopefully that’ll happen this time!

anyway, here’s the best photo i have…

By tommarvin at 2011-09-15

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

it was nicked from the clyst heath area (near the big tesco)

Olly
    Free Member

Eyes Peeled…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bike Stolen – Exeter – Genesis latitude’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM