Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bikes stolen in Darlington (again)
  • Conaid
    Free Member

Hi I have just had two bikes stolen which is the second time in a year. A Whyte E120 and a Boardman FS Team if by some chance anyone sees them. I had 3 bikes stolen last year and after beefing up my security to my garage they have managed to get me again. I think its time to give up as my insurance company are likely to refuse to insure me!!!!

jam-bo

probably the same people been waiting for you to get your insurance replacements.

ton

brian, do give up mate………….i will lend you a bike.

neninja
    Free Member

Pisser – I’m just outside Darlo – have you got descriptions of the bikes – colour, distinctive parts etc and I’ll keep a look out.

Conaid
    Free Member

Thanks Tony, I dont think I can fit on your Ventana !!!!

kaesae
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that mate!

Don’t give up! being without a bike in the rat race is pointless, but it does sound like you’re being targeted!

Why don’t we go through security options and see if we can improve on what you have. I will help you find a new bike for as cheaply as I can and show you what to avoid.

Firstly why do we not all help this guy out by searching internet forums and the net.

Can you post a picture of the bikes and tell us what parts they had on them?

Conaid
    Free Member

The E120 XT was black with silver rock shox rebas and flow wheels with silver spokes. The Boardman was a standard FS team in silver with a fizik saddle as the only change.

ton

brian, you can use the 456 i have on sunday if you need it…let me know.

Conaid
    Free Member

Thanks Tony I think that Deejay or Fatgit can lend me one from their fleet!!!

fatgit
    Free Member

Ha not sure about that!!
    Have you seen the rough ar$e riding style he has?
    The gears wont last 5 minutes!!!
    Cheers
    Steve

miketually
    Free Member

I’ll try to get this posted up on the Darlington Cycling Campaign blog and will let some of the bike people at the council know. I’ll flag it up on the Hamsterley Trailblazers forum too and I’m sure that TheDarloBard will be able to tweet about it and maybe get a few more people looking out for it.

Unfortunately, if it was a targeted theft, it’s unlikely we’ll see some scrote riding them around town, but I’ll keep an eye out. Any photos?

Conaid
    Free Member

Thanks Mike I will get some photos posted when I learn how to do it. Deejay might put some up for me. I suspect as you do that they are currently being taken to bits at the moment to sell as parts. These scrotes went to some effort to get them and used freezing liquid to break them from ground anchors etc, so I guess they are professional scrotes at least.

CrispyCSW

I’ll put something up on MTBNorthEast as well. Sounds like the Darlo scrotes have been busy – saw this on the DBC facebook page earlier:

“STOLEN BIKE ALERT 4 bikes stolen
    in The Darlington area in last couple of weeks (2 last night) 2 x
    Lapierres, Santa Cruz and Cannondale. Believed to be taken in a white citroen”

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey Conaid, just use tiny pic once you upload the photo you will see a few boxes in the middle of the screen second one down will have (IMG)http then a reference just paste that into the post box.

Good luck getting your bikes back, do you have CCTV on the garage?

DeeJay
    Free Member

Bike and owner just after he got it a year ago

Have you seen the rough ar$e riding style he has?
    The gears wont last 5 minutes!!!

Forgot about that when I offered mine . . . . .

casper33
    Free Member

This is what he did to mine when i lent it to him!!!! Never again!!!

Neil_mc
    Free Member

I had two bikes stolen from MIddleton st George last thusday night – the second time
    The garage was really secure front and back but they came through the roof

The main bike was a giant trance advanced 1 M – link below. Not that common I wouldn’t have thought.
    The other was a ladies giant terrago xs

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p1723&rs=gb

Gutted.

Conaid
    Free Member

Hi Neil

If you havent done it already its worth reporting it to the Police as there is obviously a gang doing these thefts. I gave them some info on a vehicle that might have been involved in my theft, so any further clues may help. Lets hope they catch the scum.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bikes stolen in Darlington (again)’ is closed to new replies.