Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Bikes Stolen in Yeadon, Leeds – Turner 5 Spot, Dialled Bikes Kobe Ti and Alpine
  • Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

13 months after the thieving ****s ragged in my backdoors and cleared out all the easily consumed electronics they've been back (or at least some thieving scrotes have).

At 4:30am in the LS19 area of Yeadon 3 "lads" were seen out in the pouring rain with three bikes.

At 6am I found the side door to my garage ragged open and three bikes gone. There's a full description and photos in the linked PDF (http://downloads.singletraction.co.uk/bike_details.pdf), but in short:

Turner 5 Spot with Fox RP23 (PUSH'd) and Rockshox Pike 454s[/b]
    Medium with black rockers and silver swing arm (it's the TNT / pivot on seat stay version). Hope hoops (black Pro2 + DT 5.1 rims), silver & black Hope M4s (just before they started doing the Tech's), WTB Weirwolf and Maxxis Advantage tyres. Easton bars, stem, well worn zebra print SDG Bel Air saddle. Shimano XT HT11, triple cranks

Dialled Bikes Kobe Ti with Fox Vanilla QR15s[/b]
    Ti frame in lacquered finish with yellow decals. Straight pull Hope Pro3s with DT5.1 rims, front Hope Tech M4 brake, rear mono mini (gold and black), Easton bars, Salsa Shaft post (silver), WTB Weirwolf front and (grey) Michelin MTN XTREM rear tyre, black SDG Bel Air saddle. Shimano XT cranks, double and bash (Blackspire Lite God, black). Middleburn 36T ring.

Frame No. OR3081077

Dialled Bikes Alpine with Fox TALAs 36[/b]
    Purple frame (15/22) and brown forks. Pro11 (gold) with Mavic on rear and Michelin XTREM (grey) and Bulb with Sunn Singletrack and Bonty Big Earl on front. Mono Mini (gold and black) front brake with Avid Juicy 5 on rear. Probably sporting an Easton EA30 black post and union jack (on one) saddle. Double and bash (DMR Ring Thing, black). Middleburn 36T ring.

Frame No. M7120511

(or not that short, actually 😉

They levered off the exterior surface of the timber door frame in the top section of a stable style door to get at the mortise body. Levered this out to snap and pull back catch and bolt. In thru the top section (bottom still locked with second mortise). Used what looked like 4ft bolt croppers on the Pragmasis (9 or 11mm) chain to snip the link. Passed the three out and then road off, dropping/ditching the croppers. Used a chisel and screwdriver to rag the door.

All within a few metres of the back of my house and the kids bedrooms. No-one woke up.

Left a number of other bikes and a brand new C2W Roadrat in the yard. Luckily it didn't have pedals although they had picked up a spare pair and it looked like they might have come back for it but didn't.

Police and SOCO came round. Standard "no hope" from police, SOCO had a go but they wore wet wooly gloves.

So if anyone comes across these bikes (http://downloads.singletraction.co.uk/bike_details.pdf) I or the police at Horsforth Station, Leeds would be pleased to hear about it. If someone provides anything that leads to recovery or conviction there's something in it for them (I Have no idea what, but I'd see them right).

They aren't unique bikes but the builds are all stuff I put together over a few years out of choice bits. The hardtails might stand out a bit as there were only ever a limited number of Kobe Ti's and the Alpine is purple. The Turner has a non-spec' RP23 (PUSH'd) rather than the stock DHX 5 Air.

TBH honest I am resigned to never seeing any of them again. The insurance will cover some of the loss but there's a limit on total claimed for theft from outbuildings and it means it'll either pay an equivalent to the full suss or both of the HT's, ish. Such is life and a painful lesson.

If anyone hears or sees anything please let me know, if only to get the sort of people that think it's OK to take what isn't theirs.

timsellors@googlemail.com or chairman@singletraction.org.uk or 07766 504913

If you're in Yeadon or the general area, watch out. They might be doing the rounds.

I'll miss the Kobe the most as that bike was just wonderful. If anyone has a frame (think I had the short) and they would be willing to sell then I'd be pleased to hear from them.

If anyone knows how to set up an ebay "watch" to see if they come up then I'd welcome some tips. Bit of a numpty with that stuff.

Cheers

T

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

bugger. I hope you get them back. I had a ti456 stolen a few months back and I still check the usual places in the hope that it turns up.

Good luck.

simonm
    Free Member

Tim, gutted for you m8. Will keep our eyes out.

Carlton
    Free Member

Tim,

Sorry to hear that. Will keep an eye out round Harrogate.

Cheers
    Carlton

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Cheers guys. It's just stuff, there's much more important things in life. Just if I wanted to give away £X,000 I would have done so to charity, not the scrotes 😉

I'm going to email all the local shops (in the off chance the thieves are totally stupid) and forums.

Keep an eye on Ebay and Gumtree.

Any other suggestions welcome

brakes
    Free Member

this makes me mad, utter w**ekrs
    sorry to hear that Cheeky Monkey – and a Kobe Ti as well, very sad
    Dango has my old Kobe Ti if you want to tap him up for it

sobriety
    Free Member

I have a horrible feeling that the scrotes are wising up and most of the frames wind up in skips in this sort of case, as they're the only bits that are really traceable 🙁

If they're insured you could always try to get them to fork out for litespeed to custom make you a kitsuma to replace the Kobe 😉

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Bakes – can you let me Dango Davidson's email? I really liked that Kobe.

Sadly I missed the fact in my policy that the maximum value which can be claimed for theft from outbuildings is £3k. Totting up for the insurance claim I reckon there might have been nearly double that in the three that were taken. Arse!

So, not only will I now be paying for an alarm system covering both the house and garage but I'll also be pricing up ridiculous levels of insurance to cover the remaining bikes / replacements.

Hey ho.

yoda
    Free Member

Gutted Cheeky.And with the Alpine being freshly Knackerised back to perfection as well!
    I'll keep an eye out for them while I'm about.
    Chances are they'll be spotted at the bmx track or even at Thackley, they're likely to be that stupid.

Hope either me or knacker spots them, you'll have a scrote skin rug for by the fire place! 😆

Matbike
    Free Member

3 bikes? wow. it is a big lost. i hope u find them!!!

hora
    Free Member

Gutted. The good thing(?) is the frames are relatively niche arent they so it'd be easy to spot.

Fat-Lad
    Free Member

I've just had 5 bikes go from my garage in Tingley Details in a new post soon 🙁

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

3 bikes? wow. it is a big lost. i hope u find them!!!

TBH that wasn't all of them although they were the best / most expensive. The rest are out of the garage in a secure place. Unfortunately the garage is a store for the rest of the house (wife and 2 kids) so there's plenty of stuff that might take a scrotes eye.

Either they had checked it out first or they thought they hit the jackpot when each one of them managed to ride off on a very sweet bike.

Clunts!

Fat Lad – sorry to hear that fella.

firestarter
    Free Member

Will keep eyes peeled round east Leeds mate.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Cheers.

Fat Lad, if you want a copy of the sheet I used to work out the bike value / list the parts just shout, happy to email you one.

Killed time doing it whilst waiting around for various people / contractors yesterday and someone else has already said it's handy and quick.

The two things I've noticed since this is that I didn't take enough photos of the bikes to be able to ID them (must put them on this thread) and I didn't have the Turner's Frame No.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheeky monkey could you mail me one if you wouldn't mind I keep meaning to list mine properly mail in profile thanks

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Done.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Cheeky, can you also please mail me the sheet. cheers.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers fella

elgolfo

feeling for you mate; had my 5 Spot robbed off the roof of my car outside my LBS a couple of months ago. Have been scouring South Manchester for it ever since. Shop were great – gave me a demo Stumpy for a week for nothing so as not to ruin my holiday. I've been watching Ebay & gumtree but nothing yet (I'll mail you how) Have phoned all the local shops to keep an eye out too.
    Insured as named valuable item with Halifax & they paid out without any hassle.
    Lessons learned – take some pictures. Have LBS give a valuation if you don't have receipts. chain bikes to car roofrack/carrier – Thule locks are easy for scallies to force.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Cheeky Monkey could you email a copy as well.

Tim, absolutely gutted to read this thread. Feel for you, mate.

Drop me an e-mail please.

hora
    Free Member

IF it pops up on Ebay- dont go emailing the seller (i'd imagine the seller might get spooked) – pass it straight onto the OP

MartinGT
    Free Member

Gutted man.

Bad Brainer has had his twoked too.

2010 Ibis Mojo SL

2005/6 Kona Blast (Sarah's)

Specialized Allez Road Bike

Claud Butler Wrath

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Gutted, will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled.

myheadsashed

That's just sh1t had my pride and joy stolen before, couldn't imagine loosing 3 and v.nice bikes too. 😥

That Kobe will turn up it's just too rare.

Cheeky Monkey could you email a copy as well.

mesh

Gutted for you Cheeky – in Yeadon myself so will be keeping an even keener eye on the local scrotals!

sc-xc

As a fellow Kobe owner, I feel your pain. The one bike I will never sell.

It won't get this far down, but I'll keep an eye out in the midlands.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Realised that I didn't origianlly mention that the Turner is dark blue (mainframe).

This all happened 4am (ish) on Tuesday, 20 July.

Yorkshire Evening Post have been in touch for details so hopefully that might generate a bit more exposure.

To everyone for that's posted positive words here and the email offers of help and support, thanks. If I wasn't such a big rufty tufty I'd be moved to a little light eye dabbing 😉

Cheers all 😎

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Myheadashed – send me an email, I can't see yours 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Gutted for you but hope the paper doesn't show the local scum round me what My turners worth lol they have recently taken interest when I took it out of my car but told me it was rubbish as they had not heard of a turner before. I'd like them to keep thinking like that 😉

bigrich

Watch Darkman starring Liam Nielsen. they shove his head in acid. thats what they should do to bike thieves.

vote for me!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Bikes Stolen in Yeadon, Leeds – Turner 5 Spot, Dialled Bikes Kobe Ti and Alpine’ is closed to new replies.