Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BIKES STOLEN NEAR RICHMOND NORTH YORKSHIRE
  • crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

im in calfornia on holiday atm…but our neighbour has just told us that our garage has been broken into
    both my mountain bikes have gone 🙁
    one is an
    orange COVE G-SPOT FR with bright green handlebars and black (no stickers) 55 eta's (which the tst cartidge is broken in)
    the other is
    a blue Santa Cruz VP-free with white 2008 888's and white handlbars.
    both bikes are pretty rare and quite hard to come by. both need repairing. (the santa cruz has a bent mech hanger and needs a new headset)
    also stolen was 2 hayter lawn mowers. (both green and if you no the make you will no that these are very very expensive lawn mowers (both about 20 years old))
    if you see anything or here anything or get offered anything it would be great if you could get in contact with me.
    thanks very much

id really like to recover all the items above as they all hold more than cash value.

Bunnyhop

Any photographs?

Dalesman
    Free Member

C J B

Really sorry for your loss, will keep an eye out at Dales Bike Centre, Fremington for you. When you get back send across a picture and description.

There's been a spate of it around Richmond, Gilling, Darlo, Melsonby etc apparently theiving scum spot bikes on the back of cars and follow it home.

Stu

smogmonster

Im in Richmond also, i'll keep an eye out…must get the wife to double check mine are locked up…….

Where do you live CJB?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

You wouldn't expect to hear about it happening in Richmond 🙁 , makes you wonder how much local info the thieves had, it seems a bit too coincidental you being on hols.

We spend alot of time waterskiing at Semmerwater nr Hawes, never had any problems in 30 years, but in the last few years we've had a spate of break ins, vandalism and theft, it's probably being done by the same persons, usually on a weekend, it's a real shame.

dobby156
    Free Member

SCUM! I had my mtb stolen last year, I now keep my bike inside out of sight, even locked up if I am going away for a while.

MrAgreeable

You could try saving them as a favourite search on eBay in case they turn up with a comedy piss-poor description, like a couple of other bikes have recently. Google Alerts claims to do the same thing for the entire internet – I'm not convinced of its effectiveness but it might be useful.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

thanks for that every1…and ill try that…
    from what i understand they have broken into at least three houses.
    we live outside richmond in a small hamlet. im not sure but i think every got broken into so im expecting the bikes wernt targeted but it was a big job.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/25766926@N07/3790315979/in/photostream/[/img]
    photos of the bikes here
    5 hourses got broken into and many golf cubs and tools have been stolen.
    please keep an eye out at carboot sales which is were the police belive these items will be sold

MrAgreeable

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

G-spot[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/25766926@N07/3790316917/in/photostream/]VP-free[/url]

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

lol thanks very much

dreamer
    Free Member

you may want to check this story out

stolen bikes

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BIKES STOLEN NEAR RICHMOND NORTH YORKSHIRE’ is closed to new replies.