Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Billnge Wood
  • philfive
    Free Member

how do you get to them? do you have to go through Witton Park and what kind of stuff is there?

elaineanne
    Free Member

is that spelling correct how the heck do you pronounce that ?

elaineanne
    Free Member

you missed out two letters ! ( Billinge ) no wonder i was confuse anyway here is a thread about it but confused agin ?
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/billinge-woods-red-route-e-lancs

philfive
    Free Member

lol my mistake but thanks

philfive
    Free Member

hmmmm but where do you start?

elaineanne
    Free Member

ive no idea. lol… is this a new track they have recently built btw

philfive
    Free Member

yeah i know its new but wondered if the best place was to park in Witton Park and ride up crows wood or is there a start point up off Billinge lane

Junkyard
    Free Member

no legal route up from Witton park – but very ridable if steep ish path- but I am not an expert on the area so may be wrong.
    entrance here but you need to park on Buncer Hill
    obvious gate and entrance opposite buidling site [new houses]

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=366167&y=428382&z=115&sv=366167,428382&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=732&ax=366167&ay=428382&lm=0

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

You can ride up the bridleway from Witton Park signed Crow Wood, but it's easier to get to the trails from Pleasington lane, there is a car park (if it's open) off there, google Killiard Lane it's not far from the Clog and Billycock pub, if it's not open, there is space on the road to park.
    Caz xx

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

The car park near the traffic lights on Pleasington lane/ Revidge road end has been closed for over a year now, so you'll not get on there.
    Caz xx

davcow
    Free Member

Much better to park on the main Witton Park car park off Preston Old Road.

Then ride up the bridleway through Crow Wood.
    Because then you get to ride down all the way from the top back down again.
    😀 😀

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

I don't park :D..i live 10 mins away, I can ride in at the top of Billinge and then fly back down to Witton Park, play in the sandpit/ jumps bit then be home in 10 mins…lucky? me?…indeedy lol
    Caz xx

davcow
    Free Member

I live local as well.

By the sandpit/jumps bit, do you mean the sandy path by the Pleasington cemetry?

Heard about the Opening Ceremony that is happening on Saturday?
    Supposedly some 'Pro' riders there to demo the new tracks…..

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

yup, thats the bit 😀
    I dunno who the Pro riders are as of yet but I am deffo going up on Saturday to have a look and play on the trails again.
    I live near Johnstone street so i'm very local
    Caz xx

davcow
    Free Member

I live just off Spring Lane.
    Going to try and get up there for the opening do on Sat.

If I can get up early enough…. 🙄

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

Might see you up there then 😀
    Caz xx

loulouk
    Free Member

Pls don't park nr the Clog & Billycock, very nice area, lots of people likely to complain about tyre marks on their verge grass. :/
    Official route is from Witton Park car park by the athletics track. Ride the tarmac past the playground to a junction, turn left along some more tarmac, follow wooden signpost on your right which will say Crow Woods.

The map I've seen says there are waymarkers from the car park. Wooden posts but not seen actual waymarker.

Tea and cake from the visitor centre. Signposted from end of first bit of tarmac from car park.

Descent back down through Crow Woods is fun & rooty but remember where the gate is.

Cougar

I believe the car park at Killiard Lane is closed indefinitely (due to, ah, 'nocturnal activity'). There's space for a couple of cars in the mouth of the car park, watch out for overhanging branches if you've got bikes on the roof though.

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

If you park at the mouth of the cap park on Killiard lane, be aware there is a gate to a field there where there are horses kept, don't block their gate as they may need access to the horses and you may get the car bumped if they have to get the horses out of the field.
    Caz xx

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

Vid of the trails, proper pro video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzangrBXMlI
    Caz xx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Billnge Wood’ is closed to new replies.