Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Blackberry Bold 9700 vs Iphone
  • luke
    Free Member

I've just got to the end of my mobile contract and can either upgrade to the Bold 9700 for free and get a discount on my line rental or switch networks and get an Iphone which would mean paying more per month or paying towards the phone.
    I've other Blackberry model's in the past an been happy with them, where as the Iphone would be fairly new to me although I have played on them in the shop.
    What do I use a phone for? well calls, texts, emails and a bit of web surfing.
    I never use the camera, radio's, music players etc.
    At the moment I have the Nokia E71 and whilst the size and shape are good, I've had a few niggles with it, so it's time to change.
    So which should I opt for the Bold 9700 or the Iphone, these are the 2 I've narrowed my choice down to.

Onzadog
    Free Member

tick

geoffj

If you make a lot of calls and/or need group ring tones, the blackberry, otherwise the iPhone.

luke
    Free Member

didn't know about group ring tones, that could be very useful.

oxnop
    Free Member

iPhone

nickc

If you make a lot of calls and/or need group ring tones

The "iphone is a crap phone" thing is just that, crap. and you can assign group ringtones on the iphone…

They probably both have their plus and minus points…

Sam

If you like the e71 then the blackberry will be most similar – it's a business phone with a separate qwerty keyboard. I have had an e71 for about the past 18 months, recently upgraded to an e72, not sure I like it as much and am considering swapping for a Bold 9700. I email a lot though and use the office apps (word and excel) quite a lot as well.

JoeBones
    Free Member

I have an iphone for personal use and a Blackberry Bold 9000 for my business.

They are both exceptional phones for each application (iphone for play) Blackberry for work)

I tried swapping them around but the iphone is crap for typing on in comparison to the blackberry, also the iphone has poor battery life.

That said the iphone is a fantastic toy and I love to for personal use where the battery life is not an issue as I have no friends 🙂

Hope this helps.

easygirl

buttons are sooooo last year, i phone every time 🙂

JoeBones
    Free Member

I agree, iphone is great, not for running a business though.

Kramer
    Free Member

You may never use the music player on other phones, but you're quite likely to on the iphone.

luke
    Free Member

I dunno about that Kramer last time I used my Ipod was on the way to and from the 2008 cycle show

Kramer
    Free Member

luke, I don't use my ipod much outside the car either, but now it's on my phone, I used it loads more, and now it's got a decent amount of memory, I also put films on it when I go away.

CountZero

Never used a crackberry, but I have used a phone with a similar qwerty extendable keypad, which was fine, but the iPhone works just as well, I can tap in long screeds everybit as easily, the spellcheck works well, and there are neat shortcuts for extra characters just by tapping and holding a key, like getting correct quote marks, “ " and foreign characters, like ¡ç??ôöœõ. Also, while you say you don't use the camera, having a camera in your pocket that is incredibly easy to use, with apps that allow you to do basic retouching and then upload direct to Flickr and Facebook, then post a pic onto STW shortly after, without needing to bother the computer is brilliant. I never used to bother much 'til I got my phone, and mine's just the 2Mp 3G version. I'm so looking forward to the 64Gb version with a 5Mp camera next year. The ability to get weather forcasts, listen to BBC 6Music, read ebooks from my favourite authors, get travel updates from the Directgov traffic app, plus easily browse the web, turning the phone to go into widescreen, to make the keypad bigger is just brilliant. It's honestly the most-used electronic gubbins I have ever owned, and I wouldn't be without it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Blackberry Bold 9700 vs Iphone’ is closed to new replies.