Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bontrager Rhythm Pro hub bearings
  • whiter74
    Free Member

Anyone know the bearing number for front hub (Bontrager Rhythm Pro 20mm thru axle). No info on their website.
    Thanks

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I think they are a dt hub. I had mine done a while back and even the trek dealer didn’t know what they were until they were out. Best bet: give it too a main dealer to do or take them out, measure and source them for yourself

Tracker1972
    Free Member

trekcol helped me out with some info a while back to do with these Bonty wheels and I think that you need either “Ball bearing 6902 Ø28x15x7mm (contact/no contact seal)” or “Ball bearing 6805 15/28x7mm” so 6902 or 6805 with those dimensions. I think the difference could be if you are using 15 or 20 mm adaptors…
    Doubt each side is different. Can you take them out and see if either of those codes is anywhere on them?

edit, they both seem to be 15 mm actually… (scuttles off again).

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Nope, I think it is the 6805 15/28x7mm one, that seems to be paired up with a kit for 15 or 20 mm axles. But if you are near an LBS or trekcol turns up, that would be good 🙂

whiter74
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, had this reply back from brontrager also
    “The bearing size is 15x28x7 (6805) for the 20mm thru axle Rhythm Pro”

However when I then look on e.g simplybearings.co.uk
    the 6805 results back as 25x37x7mm which is differnt, however when I seach for the 6902 this matches the 15x28x7. So confussed!

I guess I better use the dimension sizes over the bearing number and go for the 6902. Better still I should just take a look at my existing.

kaesae
    Free Member

I agree you are better to simply look at the codes or sizes of your existing bearings. That said the internal diameter of the 6902 2rs is too small to fit a 20mm axle, so your wheels will run the 6805 2rs bearings.

I have some very good quality bearings in stock, my prices are also good, if you bounce me over an email we can discuss it, if you decide to simply source bearings I would go for top end ones.

If you run generic or budget bearings you will end up replacing them all the time.

Goz
    Free Member

eddyesi
    Free Member

Hi,

any chance you can pass on your contact, need to check front and rear bearings for a set of 2010 15mm front rhythm’s

FYI the 2009 9mm QR’s are the below

Front bearings
    2x 6903 2RS
    Rear
    1x 6000 2RS non drive side

apparently the rear freehub drive side is a *****, can be done but reccomendation is a new freehub, so needs looking after

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15489080#15489080

eddyesi
    Free Member

Just in case it helps

2010 Bontrager rhythm elite
    15/20mm fronts
    6805 2RS
    remove disc, caps just pull off, then knock out one side with the through axle, remove bearing then use axle to knock out other side

9mm QR rears
    6000 2RS non drive side
    16100 2RS in shimano freehub body
    6900 2RS drive side (under/behind freehub)

remove cassette and drive side lock nut 17mm and spacer cap, hit axle to knock out non drive side bearing. freehub just pulls off (gently, watch you dont take freehub support needle roller bearings with it), and can tap out its bearing from the inside once circlip is removed. Drive side bearing i tapped out with the axle through the hub.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bontrager Rhythm Pro hub bearings’ is closed to new replies.