Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • BT a rant by Harry the Spider
  • Harry_the_Spider

What a set of Roger Hunts.

Moved house and switched to BT because they could switch on broadband on the day of the move whereas Tiscali my previous (and faultless as far as I was concerned) provider would take 20 days.

Jan 28th – order placed

Feb 2nd – Moved. Home hub delivered

Feb 3rd – Phone reconnected – 1 day late

Feb 4th – Tried the broadband for the first time – not connected

Feb 7th – Tried again. Still not working. Phoned up to ask what was going on and was told that I hadn’t placed an order for broadband. My response was that if I hadn’t placed an order why had they sent me a home hub? His response was that I hadn’t placed an order. Asked to speak to somebody with more brain cells than fingers and was eventually told that it would take 2 days to sort.

Feb 9th – Still not working. It will be Feb 11th as the order wasn’t processed until Feb 4th, 2 days after the home hub turned up. So either they can see into the future to send out equipment before it is ordered or somebody is telling me fibs.

Feb 11th – Still nothing.

Feb 12th – Phoned them up at 8:00am today to be told that it will be on by tomorrow.

Utter, utter rubbish.

…and relax.

…and for those of you who judge a rant by a mixture of swearing, poor spelling and mixed case letters. Th3Y Can STicK TheRe StuPId AdverTs uP Their Ass.

Junkyard
    Free Member

is this not just normal BT service?

samuri
    Free Member

BT, the only bee that can sting you more than once.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

BT = Bring Ten

This roughly translate into it takes at least ten people to get even the simplest tasks done.

Having dealt with them on a corporate level for the best part of 20 years I can say that they are either very good or utter shite. There is no middle ground with them. It either works first time of it's a complete clusterf***

Drac

Always found them to be excellent.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If they'd done the sim provide correctly you'd have been sorted. In their defence sim provides are notorious for failing without reason.
    I suspect they've had to place a seperate order for your broadband which can take up to 10 days to activate.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I have a rather nice thread elsewhere about BT sucking donkey XXXX's.

They are without doubt the most unhelpfull, unknowledgeable and downright frustrating company i have had the displeasure to deal with.

I had a marketing call last week asking if i considered BT Broadband. I replied that i hated BT and would never consider them. The phone went dead. Didnt stop them sending me a 44% off their broadband price offer.

iDave
    Free Member

bear in mind that they're changing the time of evening calls form April – evening starts at 7pm. All calls up to that time will be at prime tariffs…. didn't they tell you?

geoffj

Same thing as harry happened to me. I ranted on Twitter and it was sorted in 2 days. BT fail in the tweet usually provokes a sharpish response.

Harry_the_Spider

Bigyinn. Whatever, I don't care how they do it. I just want it done.

The thing that really hacks me off is being lied too.

You will have it by Feb 2nd – A lie
    You haven't placed an order – A lie
    You will have it by Feb 9th – A lie
    You will have it by Feb 11th – A lie

If you can't do it just tell me… oh, if you'd done that I wouldn't have switched from Tiscali in the first place.

Geoffj, I shall give it a go.

Eggbox
    Free Member

I would get rid of the BT broadband while you still can and go with O2 who have been excellent and even manage to pump the internet down my phone line faster than BT ever did. BT were a lot more expensive too.

Harry_the_Spider

Tied into the bastids for 18 months now. 🙁

Eggbox
    Free Member

I think you have 14 days to back out. I may be wrong.

xcgb
    Free Member

I had this recently too
    I now have a spare home hub due to their inefficiency. best way to get things done is to talk to the cancellation people at BT they get it sorted normally

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

which can take up to 10 days to activate.

but that will not be an actual law of nature but the time it takes some blokey to wander out of his den and plug a wotsit into a doofer

FuzzyWuzzy

We had a BT engineer booked for a fibre circuit completion visit, despite clear instructions he didn't contact me when he arrived so the security guard sent him away (I thought they were a communication company…). When I checked with them later they said it had been rebooked for March 2011, muppets.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It'll be a cold day in hell before I give BT even the steam off my piss again, TBH.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cancel and go to O2…

verses

t®ibal©hief – Member

bear in mind that they're changing the time of evening calls form April – evening starts at 7pm. All calls up to that time will be at prime tariffs….

I returned to BT (for calls not BB) last year as they were doing quite a good deal at the time, but the above means I'll be ditching them as soon as my lock-in period expires.

project
    Free Member

Harry the Spider , the responce, when he canceled his order and went else where nd Bt rang him up.

Not work safe, contains a scouse accent at the end.

Enjoy.

retro83
    Free Member

Lol at pp. 'Steam off my piss'. Nice.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I'd recommend cancelling – everyone i know on BT get absolutely shocking Broadband service.

phiiiiil

but the above means I'll be ditching them as soon as my lock-in period expires.

Is this not another "contract changed so you are free to leave" thing, like what you hear about mobile phones every now and then?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tied into the bastids for 18 months now.

what tie in, I never ordered anything

but we sent you a home hub

no you didn't

(worth a try)

Marge
    Free Member

I know it probably doesn't help but be grateful you don't live in Belgum & are a belgacom client.
    You were quoting days as waiting time. try the same with weeks (or months!)
    A new colleague started in my dept in December (another foreigner). He is still waiting for connection…..

Harry_the_Spider

Update from my dad's computer.

Connection on Monday now. If I was this bad at my job I would get fired.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Moving next week and have to go through the new phone line process again 🙁

Going to have to pay for the privilege too.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

i work in the "industry" – this is nothing unusual

Harry_the_Spider

It is rubbish to be honest. The worst thing is that they have consistantly fobbed me off with lies. If the bloke had said "It will take 2 weeks" then it wouldn't have been so bad.

Harry_the_Spider

I have just been told that it will be tomorrow.

A message to everybody reading this…

DO NOT USE BT. I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THE LIES, MISINFORMATION AND GENERAL INCOMPETENCE.[/u]

Gordy
    Free Member

I look forward to telling the next BT person that stops me at the supermarket or shopping centre that I cannot use their services because Harry the Spider said so.

Harry_the_Spider

That's what we want to hear! The revolution starts now! Down with poor customer service!

If I had won the £56m jackpot there would be a lot of people requiring knee surgery.

Harry_the_Spider

WoHoo! 14 days late and we are connected!

That has to have been the worst customer service experience of my life.

tthew

I returned to BT (for calls not BB) last year as they were doing quite a good deal at the time, but the above means I'll be ditching them as soon as my lock-in period expires.

Don't know if you'll see this now Verses as your post was 4 days ago, but I believe that due to the peak time move you can leave your current tie-in without penalty if you are affected.

edit – like phiiiiil said, sorry didn't read that post before replying.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Computer says no!

Apparently the system says there isn't a line at the property. However plugging a phone into the existing socket gives a dial tone, dialling 17070 gives you the phone number. I can just tell this is going to be a great experience 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

BT say they don't own the line, Talk Talk say they don't own the line. Letting agent/landlord doesn't know and it seems there's no way to find out – grrrr!

skidartist
    Free Member

That has to have been the worst customer service experience of my life.

Until this time next year when you decide to leave, but every time you ask for your MAC codes you're told "sorry all our systems are down, you'll need to call back later"

I went through exactly the same story as yours exactly a year ago – same lies, our order quite miraculously seemed to be registered several days after the connection date too, despite giving them more than 6 weeks notice of the move. Been counting the days to get shot of them ever since

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘BT a rant by Harry the Spider’ is closed to new replies.