Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Buying a CCDB – is it worth the extra £90 to buy from TFtuned?
  • marionheck
    Free Member

Looking at buying a CCDB – have found it for £405. TFtuned sell it for £495. Is there any thing extra that tftuned do to it to make it worth spending the extra £90?

Cheers

D

randomjeremy
    Free Member

At that price is it coming from USA? Bear in mind import duty of 20%

marionheck
    Free Member

random Jeremy – it is a uk shop selling it at that price. so i am pretty sure it would be coming from a uk distributor? surely they can’t be taking you order then ordering it from the US?

aldomac
    Free Member

It takes between 2 to 4 weeks from Freeborn as they are ordered from the States, £405 is the final price, no duty involved. Don’t know if TF stocks them or does the same.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

They are all built in the US to order iirc – clarify it with the shop whether that’s the final price

pastcaring
    Free Member

the ccdb is so adjustable it shouldn’t need a custom tune. i’d go for the cheapest one!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

+1 for the others, theyre made to order in US so not usually held in stock, I seriously doubt TfT touch them, theyre probably just charging full rrp on the basis their position as suspension experts allows them to. 95 quid is a big saving.

I assume they supply with your choice of spring weight?

messiah
    Free Member

With TFT you will get all the bushing etc which is at a guess £20 worth. TFT also resized the black scuff-ring on mine as it was getting very heavily scuffed by the spring – not great in the mud 🙄

I quite like mine but I’m not sure it’s worth it over a tuned DHX. There is a slight dullness to it, it’s hugely composed and it certainly does it’s job really well expecially at speed in the silly stuff or in slow speed techy stuff; but on the more normal run of the mill trails it never feels great for popping off little rocks beside the trails and general faffing/playing – almost like it’s too composed and needs a kick up the bottootum to get the oil flowing and hence make it work all the time. It might be my set up and I need to open up the low speed compression/rebound a little… but I’ve mostly fiddled with the high speed stuff so far… beware removing too much rebound… it’s very easy to make the bike handle dreadfully!!! 😕

creamegg
    Free Member

had mine from TF Tuned. delivered next day. They set it up for my bike, weight etc and ive hardly had to adjust it.

uplink
    Free Member

CCDB ?

A quick google gives me either …………

Cytotoxic protein CcdB, a lethal gene, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar or a
    Cell Centered Database

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Cane Creek Double Barrel.

Where have you been?

ianpinder
    Free Member

messiah, tlr had the same issues with the ccdb and a tune from stendec worked wonders for it, the same as geetee….

it depends on what extra tft supply then a standard shop, if they tune it, and provide all the fittings then it would be worth it.

if they don’t then i wouldnt bother.

messiah
    Free Member

My understanding is that there is no custom tuning with a CCDB – it’s the one tune fits all shock. Get-it, fit-it, tune-it-yourself.

Not sure what Stendec do to improve the shock a’la’ geetee and TLR, but I’ll probably give Dave a call once I’ve exhausted the fiddling options.

popstar
    Free Member

As far as I’ve heard from e-netz for newer CCDB, there are improvements made to bigger valving inside and rubber bumper ring for bottom out. Wouldn’t say anything if TFT resize those valves etc.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Um-vYDtfMg[/video]
    and of course some lovelies propaganda mass hypnosis for CCDB to be
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_WylmCVDak&feature=related[/video]
    and to confuse even more, from recent news … there is a rumour of CCDB Air.

HTH

thomthumb
    Free Member

tft will probable twiddle the setting to what you want.

I have no idea whether freeborn will do this.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

if you email malcolm@canecreek.com he will send you recommended settings for your weight and bike which make a good starting point.

the_lecht_rocks

STENDEC will indeed improve the shock characteristic to suit rider / frame and rider preference.

mine is FUKKN awesome now it’s been amended 🙂

note it was blowing hyd fluid from the LS adjusters as the ‘o’ rings have a tendency to vulcanize, hence the visit to STENDEC – a true CCDB expert at work. thoroughly recommended.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Buying a CCDB – is it worth the extra £90 to buy from TFtuned?’ is closed to new replies.