Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Calling LBS types – Rock Shox 2011
  • bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Anyone taken delivery of any 2011 Rock Shox yet?

Am interested in Sektor RL 110-150mm Coil U-Turn for a new build.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Further to the above…am i correct in my assumption that the Sektor is just an updated Pike with all of the same heavy duty abuse handling attributes?

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Anyone?

Jamie
    Free Member

I thought the Sektor was a budget Pike replacement and not like for like, with the Revs taking the Pikes place….annoyingly with no coil option.

I could of course be very very wrong.

retro83
    Free Member

bravohotel9er – Member
    Further to the above…am i correct in my assumption that the Sektor is just an updated Pike with all of the same heavy duty abuse handling attributes?

Some of the Sektor forks have a shite damper which really will limit how well the fork can perform.

Shame they don't offer it with the BB Moco damper with the dualflow rebound, that'd be a cracking fork.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies.

The plot thickens…

Their product line is so big now that it's hard to determine quite where everything fits in.

hopster
    Free Member

In stock at Bad Ass Bikes in Bristol. Unpacked them on Friday.

Link

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Their product line is so big now that it's hard to determine quite where everything fits in.

MTBing is getting a bit ridiculous in this respect! Sssoo many choices and standards for absolutely everything. Just choosing a tyre has become a mammoth task, i just end up buying the same stuff over and again.

For rockshox you've got the following to choose from…

solo air
    dual air
    dual air u-turn
    coil
    coil u-turn

then you've got

normal damping(?)
    motion control damping
    blackbox motion control
    mission control

steerers
    1 1/8
    1 1/2
    tapered
    + steel or aluminium for some of those

then you've got to choose a fork model
    sid
    reba
    revelation
    tora
    recon
    sektor

which all have a 120mm option.
    oh i forgot the different axles to

QR
    15mm
    20mm maxle
    20mm maxle light

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Sektor uturn coils and uturn solo air in stock with me now! Revelations on their way too. Drop me a mail. 😉

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

#
    LoCo – Member

Hi Sektor uturn coils and uturn solo air in stock with me now! Revelations on their way too. Drop me a mail.
    Posted 23 seconds ago # Report-Post

Excellent, perhaps you could clear up the query as to whether Sektor is a budget Pike, a Pike replacement or for people who don't want to pay Revelation money?

Also, which of the Coil U-Turn Sektors have the best damping/are best suited to 'All Mountain' types. God, 'All Mountain' sounds so lame, but you know what I mean!

Will mail you later, but have to sleep now before my next shift.

LoCo
    Free Member

Just got a set in the stand, leave it with me.

LoCo
    Free Member

The Sektor is a cheaper fork than the Rev, the damper does not have a gate adjust but other than that is not hugly differnent to that found in the Pike. As a cheap coil adjustable fork with the Maxle (either in 15 or 20mm)
    I think the Sektor should be up to the job, weight for the uturn coil with 20mm maxle lite is 2090gms (after the correct amount of fluid has been put in them). Solo air ones with 20mm maxle are 1783gms
    Any further queries mail in profile.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Calling LBS types – Rock Shox 2011’ is closed to new replies.