Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Cameraphone photos (serendipity content)
  • zokes
    Free Member

After a lovely Canon 5D Mk2 turned up at work, I’ve been spending the past week working out how much I will have to sell my soul for (mine, not my Cotic’s) on top of a couple of bikes I hardly ride to justify the £2k price tag. Add to this I only got my 450D a year back, so it seems almost a waste to replace it so soon, but as I’m very magpiesque, I always have the “must have the new expensive shiny thing” mentality, even though really, I should probably use the money for something else. Still, I was just about decided that I definitely wanted the better camera, when at a beer festival without my camera, I turned round and took this with my phone:

So having just managed to convince myself to spend an amount of money i’d only ever considered worthy of bikes (and worse, sourced from the sale of bikes), I’ve managed to bag one of my better shots with my bloody camera phone! Typical!

Well, I suppose I can now sell my camera gear and buy another bike 😉

Anyone else managed photos they’d normally only expect with a decent camera by fluke from their compact / phone? Lets have a look at them…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good word use. 5 points.

Stoner
    Free Member

I wish people would sto pusing flickr – blocked at my client site.

Picasa works OK folks! 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Thats a lovely shot, sun’s a bit toooo bright for my liking but with a camera phone thats pretty impressive 😀

I’ll buy your 450D if you buy the 5D 😀

Wooliferkins
    Free Member

fozzybear
    Free Member

Sony C902 mobile

fozzybear
    Free Member

i have a better quality photo if you want to zoom in
    flickr original size bee

zokes
    Free Member

I’ll buy your 450D if you buy the 5D

As a by-product of grudgingly being allowed to consider the 5D, MrsZokes already has her eyes on the 450D sadly, so now extra funds from that direction…

@fozzy – your bee appears to be private – ooo errr 😉

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Took this on my nokia 5140

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

oh hang I’ll try that again

fozzybear
    Free Member
    breakneckspeed
    Free Member

crossed fingers
    http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow/AlbumID=262717018/PictureID=37214068006/a=119104754_119104754

As said befor taken with my nokia 5410
    oh and don’t look at the picture of the the wife pussy

sharki
    Free Member

N95

samuri
    Free Member

sharki’s picture rocks! it’s excellent.

I’m aware this isn;t brilliant but it’s one of my favourite pictures of mine not taken with an SLR.

zokes
    Free Member

+1 for Sharki!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my k800i is good at city shots, realy struggles ‘outdoors’ though, realy struggles to get the exposure right (always over exposed, even when point metering at something dark) colours are washed out, and doesn’t appear to filter much of the UV out.

Still takes cracking indoor/city shots though in the right light. I’ll upload some later.

On a tangent…………
    Whats comparable to white balance on film camera’s? Is it somethign thats taken care of at the development stage? Or is it a property of the film? And why is it not fixed? If i wanted something to look white under an orange light, i’d turn the orange light off!

vanilla83
    Free Member

Both using a Nokia 5800

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

iphone

Surfr
    Free Member

Everything gets washed out on my pitiful Blackberry 8320

jimmy

Sony summatorother

julianwilson
    Free Member

crispybacon to the thread please…..

he has some very nice pics from his cameraphone. Particularly one of the Avon reservoir (dartmoor) flat like a mirror and a perfect reflection of the opposite side and sky in it.

My idea of a cameraphone pic however is more like this:

IGMC

crispybacon
    Free Member

A few I’m pleased with off my Sony Ericsson W610i mobi

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2506/3698582164_bc1bb62d0a_b.jpg[/img][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/2934343643_f23ec697cd_b.jpg[/img]

trailmonkey

Sony Ericsson C702. Not treated or edited in anyway. Just a fabulously colourful moth.

ajf
    Free Member

Nokia N95 Saunders 2007

Kahurangi

Sharki Wins

I used to get better photos off my w800i than me N95. It’s just so slow, but all cameraphones struggle in low light.

w800i

CountZero

Here’s one I took earlier today near Shrivenham. iPhone panorama done in phone.

zokes
    Free Member

That's pretty impressive Count!

DrJ

How about these? Proof that it's the photog, not the camera, that counts.

coffeeking
    Free Member

This is the best my camera phone can manage:

SammyC
    Free Member

Several stitched together:

nuke

Always been pretty impressed with my Sony W810i…

Few years old now and I'm looking for a potential replacement for the phone; quality of photos is high up the list so a useful thread.

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

Took this no my Nokia N96 on the weekend

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

iphone:

CountZero

zokes – Member
    That's pretty impressive Count!
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Thanks, I was rather chuffed with it. For all the sniping about the iPhone's camera, for a basic 2Mp it takes pretty good pics. Better than my previous N95, anyway. Somebody said somewhere, "it's not the camera you've got, it's the camera you've got with you". Haven't seen what the new one can do yet, but my contract runs out when the next version comes out next year. Should be interesting.

CountZero

Here's another I took with the phone I was pretty pleased with, mono processing also done in-phone.

markenduro
    Free Member

Nokia N78 taken on a cold day in January. Not very seasonal but I like it.

zokes
    Free Member

"it's not the camera you've got, it's the camera you've got with you"

I agree – that's just one of my better cameraphone efforts. After having had a DSLR for a year now and being quite happy with it being a huge improvement over my phone, I was pleasantly surprised to take teh one I started this thread with. I'll go back through my pre-DSLR photos one day and see if i've got any others worthy of FLICKRing….

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

took this from the Forth Rail bridge (from the train to work one day) on a Sony Erricson camera phone

it's amazing what these camera phone's can do

P20

Edited slightly but only using the cameras built in software. From a Nokia N95

Hairychested
    Free Member

Nokia N96

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Cameraphone photos (serendipity content)’ is closed to new replies.