Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Campervan Insurance
  • Moses

I've just taken delivery of the new and wonderful campervan, only to find that all the insurers I've tried exclude any commuting or travel to work in it.
    Can anyone recommend an insurance company while will let me drive to work if necessary?

Ta in advance.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Try Brentacre insurance. they're normally good for me.

steveh

Comfort insurance gave me that cover on my camper van.

Steveo

Adrian flux – not had to make a claim but have been very happy with them. However, they will only insure fully campered vehicles, i.e, fixed sink table, bed etc…

Stoner
    Free Member

Hi moses. We go through MCIA part of Lifesure Group.
    We use them for the camper fully comp and full year continental inclusive breakdown.

they're very flexible as far as I can find.

Contact http://www.lifesure.co.uk, 01480 402 470

and post pics of the new beast!

all the best mate
    Mark

Moses

Thanks, all.
    Mark – I only picked it up on Friday evening, but pix will surely follow. It seems to be just what we wanted – a fantastic thing.

See you soon, and good luck with the barn,
    Martin

oxym0r0n

Adrian Flux
    0800 369 8590

Insurancefactory.co.uk
    0800 112 4887

Brentacre
    01792 2650933

Herts Insurance (HIC)
    0844 888 4 888

Direct Line

Tiger.co.uk

Footman James
    0843 3571276

Graham Sykes Insurance
    01395 255100

stevemorg2

My Freebird converted t5 is insured with HIC – no problem with commuting etc

meehaja
    Free Member

I'm with post office, though technicaly mine is registered as a van rather than a camper… not sure if it'll be any use to you.

Mugboo

Juat insured my T4 with Brentacre. Their campervan policy allows you to slowly convert it one step at a time at no extra cost.

forge197
    Free Member

We use Shield Total Insurance, we asked to include commuting as there would be instances where you might have a half day or a full day and want to head away straight from work as well as the flexibility of using it for heading to work.

They were also one of a few that insured it as a panel van initally then transition the policy to a campervan, with some conditions on how long and we had to provide pictures at the end for the underwritters.

Never claimed so not sure how that side of it is but changes and stuff but the admin seems organised.

This thread though did make me check my policy though.

Oh and Moses we need to see pictures.

spooky_b329

Insurance Choice and Camtons Insurance brokers are another couple you can try. You will probably overcome issues if you want commuting with high mileage, even more so if its a self-build.

Andy

Lifesure here as well, although a lot of these I have not heard of so will keep this for when renew!

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Shield here, got commuting included.
    There is a review of camper insurance companies in practical motorhome magazine this month, might be worth a look.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Campervan Insurance’ is closed to new replies.