Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • camping and riding in Cornwall
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Watching Countryfile in Cornwall and we’ve decided we’d like to spend a week down there camping and riding.
    Where on the peninsula should we aim for to get the best of both?

timber

Look for somewhere in the north half, there’s more access onto the moors.

pastypunk

You could try staying in the West area somewhere near Redruth, some nice places to stay on the coast and some good riding to be had around Redruth/St day area. Best to try and hook up with some locals for some “cheeky trails”. Try contacting Cornish Trail riders or CFR(Cornwall free riders) on FB.

marcus
    Free Member

I found some very nice, occasionally cheeky riding near St Agnes.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I live near Redruth and there are plenty of trails and cheeky trails around here.There is also Poldice valley if you are keen to get some airtime.
    Depends what you want to ride.Let me know

Email in profile

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Will do, thanks for that 🙂 Ms Dwarf is currently looking at various places to use as a base so will report back.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

did’nt see countryfile but heard it featured around here which is penwith (the very far west). if so its a very different part of cornwall to the rest.

trailmonkey

Where on the peninsula should we aim for to get the best of both?

Devon

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Apparently she’s found some sites near Truro, haven’t had chance to see what they are like yet.
    I only really know the Western Peninsula around St Ives etc, and whilst i really like the area i’d like to try other spots.

Thing is, most of the campsites we’ve seen that are near the beaches are the ‘holiday camp’ sort of places and we don’t want that. Ideally a beach should be within easy riding distance but we will have a car of course.

timber

Could head out onto the Lizard then, bit of common and cheeky coast path. Though not very central as a base. Coverack, Cadgwith, Kynance Cove worth a look.

Or between St.Ives and Marazion;
    Used to be a small campsite above Ashton that I used to ride past coming off Tregonning Hill and heading to Rinsey to take the CP to Praa

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘camping and riding in Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.