Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a built-in washer dryer
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No space for separates (although I would prefer that) but MUST be a washer dryer.

Ours is slowly dying (bearings gone again and £100+ to replace them) and the repairman has said that he thinks it is about time to say goodbye given it is 8 years old.

So, what is the best way to spend the £600+ I am going to have to fork out ? 🙁

geoffj

Will someone please think of the Polar Bears.

We live in Scotland with 2 small kids and have managed without a dryer. I am led to believe that the weather in the peoples republic of Yorkshiiiire is better than up here – hang the **** stuff outside and stop being a lazy git! 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We dry outdoors whenever we can and the loft room is a permanent drying room, but with 2 1yr olds, the amount of washing we* get through is frightening**

*My wife
    **Apparently

kiwijohn

We’ve got a samsung. Does what it’s supposed to with no problems so far.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Is it a built-in?

yamyamblade
    Free Member

can only add dont have candy as we have had loads of trouble with all of our appliances from them, they swapped out the washer dryer for a hotpoint after the fourth problem in 2 months!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

is the hotpoint any good then?

thehustler
    Free Member

If you know a tradesman howdens do a good one for decent money, but buy their own brand (its manufacured by meile under their own brand) as its actually a better machine than the branded one they sell, also to get a best bargain buy it in October as they run one sale a year which is their period 13 blow out.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i posted the exact same questions few weeks back 😉

anyway everyone came back and said the combi washer AND dryers are crap, they take way longer than a stand alone dryer hence you use loads more electric.

with regards, brands, with have cheap as chips beko washer and a dryer and they have last for 6 years.

have you got power in a shed, make room for a dryer in there? (a lot of mates do this)

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t recommend one. They are rubbish. I’d try really hard to get every possible option looked at first before that. Airers, suspended airers above fireplace, airing cupboards, blown drier in shed.. or just do less washing 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

i posted the exact same questions few weeks back

anyway everyone came back and said the combi washer AND dryers are crap, they take way longer than a stand alone dryer hence you use loads more electric.

with regards, brands, with have cheap as chips beko washer and a dryer and they have last for 6 years.

have you got power in a shed, make room for a dryer in there? (a lot of mates do this)
    Absolutely no room anywhere for a separate – for many reasons I would prefer that but it simply isn’t an option for us.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Molgrips – it is an open-plan kitchen/diner/extension etc so it has to fit in unobtrusively. The only other room is the lounge and it ain’t going there.

The shed is almost full as it is (two bikes + pushchair + usual rubbish).

Hohum
    Free Member

Half of the year our house looks like a Chinese laundry with all of the washing hanging over the radiators, the bannister and the top of the doors.

Not very pretty to look at, but it saves us having to buy a dryer and we have 3 small children so I am very aware of the amount of washing that they can produce.

You could survive without a dryer 🙂

tragically1969
    Free Member

I have had a Hotpoint one for about 5 years now, the dryer gets used about once a month, so far its been OK.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Hotpoint one has been fine for last 2 years but would look elsewhere when it comes to replacing as the company has terrible customer service from my experience

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You could survive without a dryer

Of course we could, but the occasional time it is used/needed it is invaluable.

Before the girls came along we hardly ever used it, but it is just needed some days when we have simply run out of drying room and we need something washing/drying quickly (like yesterday – Izzi dropped her ‘blankie’ in a muddy puddle so we had to wash and dry it ready for bed).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a built-in washer dryer’ is closed to new replies.