Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel in San Francisco?
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Somewhere between Fisherman’s Wharf and Union Square would be ideal.

North Beach looks to be the best geographical position.

The criteria: cheap, clean, quiet, parking.

Cheers!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Not sure if you have looked already but Tripadvisor always works for me.

scaredypants

don’t have much experience (3 days in Hol Inn which was OK and cheapest I could find in a rush) but suspect there’s little parking and virtually none that’d be cheap

there are big lots that you can book onto but quite a few don’t seem to allow >24hr

twelveski
    Free Member

Said at the San Remo eight years ago and it was very quaint & cheap. Would use it again but I don’t expect a lot to be comfortable.

http://www.sanremohotel.com/

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Belvedere House
    Cheap’ish for where it is, comfortable, decent sized rooms. Valet parking nearby, not the hotel so will be extra, but in this location, that’s probably going to be the case anywhere. Maybe 10 mins from Union Square and less than 5 to the cable car to Fisherman’s Wharf
    I’d stay there again.

hels
    Free Member

Brilliant place – spent 5 days there in 1995 hostelling it on my way to the UK.

Best hang out in cafes people watching ever, saw some great bands, including Portishead as I recall. Big ska and reggae scene. Such friendly people, got in some long and interesting chats esp around Haight Ashbury area.

Oh yeah and there is a bridge and some fish restaurants if you get bored.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Stayed at the San Remo Hotel in Sept and it was everything you asked for!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel in San Francisco?’ is closed to new replies.