Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can anyone show me their Helius RC's?
  • LeeW

As in the title really, I’m looking for inspiration.

TheSwede
    Free Member

WTF is that all about?

IA

Allows them to get very precise dropout alignment.

TheSwede
    Free Member

How hard is it to weld the thing precisely in the first place without all that crap. It looks like an after thought or very bad initial design and compensation to me, and whats with that skinny pivot linkage. how much weight have they saved by making it out if two puny aly wafers. Ugly squared edged, knocked up in a shed-esque looking to me but what would I know. **** all that’s what.

neninja
    Free Member

I’m just building a Helius CC – the attention to detail is awesome.

Little things like there being 5 different mech hangers from -2 to 2 to get perfect wheel alignment.

TheSwede
    Free Member

WTF is all this perfect wheel alignment crap. The other side isn’t adjustable so why cant they fabricate the frame with perfect wheel alignment in the first place like everyone else does without all that nonsense.

LeeW

Which one is yours dirtyrider?

Blower
    Free Member

the swede calm the **** down. 😀

TheSwede
    Free Member

And breath 🙂

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

All frames go out of alignment when they are welded and heat treated. The solution is to put them in a jig and bend them back into shape. However, if you’ve ever tried bending a piece of metal to get it exactly where you want it (think maybe a disc roter) you’ll know it’s nigh on impossible. You can get it pretty close but really fine alignment is very hard.

The Nicolai Right Aligning Drop Out (RADO) comes in 5 different adjustment vertical positions. That sorts out vertical alignment of the wheel (making sure it’s precisely in line with the head tube). The dropout also slides back and forward to sort out horizontal alignment – when it’s precisely correct the frame is drilled and pinned so a replacement dropout will go in exactly the right position. This precise alignment is one of the reasons Nicoali’s track so well (and one of the reasons they cost a bit more).

Rectangular tubes are more resistant to bending loads than round – that’s why we use them on the rear triangle. Again, it contributes to the overall stiffness of the frame.

Northwind

Hmm. Can’t say as I’ve been overwhelmed by the horror of Microscopically Out Of Alignment Rear Wheels myself.

That said, I love the Heliuses, especially the matt black one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone show me their Helius RC's?’ is closed to new replies.