Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Canada – your recommendations
  • domino

We are off to Canada for 3 weeks on holiday, in August. We want to mountain bike but won’t have our own bikes with us but will be taking helmets, shoes, pedals etc. We fly into Calgary and out of Vancouver and will be doing a road trip between.

Where have you ridden in B.C/Alberta that you recommend for XC riding??? Looking for some recommendations that are NOT Whistler, we have ridden there twice and have planned that bit of our trip already – may involve a day in the bike park as I had fun last time.

Did you use a guide, where did you hire bikes from etc. Especially interested in recommendations around Fernie.

Thanks

snowslave

Skied twice at Fernie, but not ridden there. Great place, brilliant vibe. Took a few pics of the local yoofs playing on bikes in town whilst out there in April. They were, ermmm, like good eh?
    http://twistedwheels.myfreeforum.org/Fernie_BC_some_kids_showing_what_s_wot_on_bikes__about787.html

There’s a load of stuff on You Tube showing riding in Fernie, to give you a flavour. Eh?

Surfr
    Free Member

Theres some lovely XC to be had in Kananaskis Country just outside of Calgary on the way to Banff. Worth a look to start with. Look around Canmore/Gap/Seebe

SaxonRider

Kamloops. Not as dramatic, but very cool.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Fernie – must ride is Project 9, truely amazing trail! lots of other xc loops, local bike shops will sell map etc.

Rossland – Seven Summits trail for a true wildnerness epic.

Revelstoke – Keystone standard basin trail, real out there ride, good chance of seeing a Griz! also canyon creek is very good

Chilcoton mountains north of Whistler. worth getting a guide for this as its hard to find the good stuff. Windy pass to gun creek is very good and you don’t need to use the floatplane as its a big loop.

click on me to see my pics website (summer 2006 is canada)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Canada – your recommendations’ is closed to new replies.