Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cannock Chase CLOSED!!!
  • Nick
    will
    Free Member
    kinda666
    Free Member

Brocton Coppice, some sort of tree disease!

scruff
    Free Member

As of last night nothing is closed but there are sigs asking everyoen to keep to the maintracks to prevent spreadign the disease, which is fair enough IMO. Brocton Coppice has some very very old oaks which I like and occasionally hug.

snakebite
    Free Member

you have diseased them weeing up them….

sofatester
    Free Member

Do you check yourself for STTD Scruff?

emac65
    Free Member

Blooming marvelous that is,they’re worried about losing trees there & chopping all the ****’ things down everywhere else………….

speaker2animals

1.I don’t think that the trees around Brockton are “farmed” by the FC and as someone else said there are old native trees in that area.

2. FTD and Birches Valley is a reasonable distance from Brockton so at moment shouldn’t be affected. Having said that it’s quite easy to do a big loop and ride Brockton and any other areas in a morning.

So in the interests of keeping these things limited let’s all stick to the requested limits?

Cheers

snakebite
    Free Member

and the FC don’t ‘own’ that bit….

RobinT

Phytophthora is a nasty and virulent fungus – think foot & mouth for trees. It can be spread on shoes, tyres, etc. and if that happens, other parts of the countryside would need to be closed to contain it. The only way known to stop it is to cut and burn the trees affected.

So, I join speaker2animals in urging everyone to respect any quarantined zones!

emac65
    Free Member

As far as I know,most the people who had posted on here live beside the Chase & it has been part of their life for all of their lives.So you can sleep easy knowing we all have the Chase’s best interests at heart & shall abide by whatever restrictons are put up 8)
    Cheers….

st

As above comments none of the Chase is “Closed”

Staffs County Council are asking users to keep to the main, established paths within Brocton Coppice to minimise the spreading of the disease.

This means riding through Brocton Coppice at most to get eslewhere on the Chase and avoid all the off piste singletrack etc.

No big issue and at this time of the year it only stuffs the trails up anyway.

The FC are not affected by this but are keeping tabs on it and will announce anything that affects their land if it does spread.

There is of course the issue of wildlife ignoring the sings and deer walking through the undergrowth but from what I hear reading lessons for the Chase inhabitants are proving difficult to organise ;o)

scruff
    Free Member

Cheery Captain Birdseye Ranger was about Saturday morning chatting to people and telling em whats what and in the afternoon the Brian Blessed Ranger was sitting his Landy keeping watch. So the Council are keeping an eye out and riding there will not do us any favours and may get the place properly closed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase CLOSED!!!’ is closed to new replies.