Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cannondale Carbon Rush Frame Weight?
  • Stevo210
    Free Member

Anybody know the weight or where I can find it, seams illusive.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Not sure, but whenever I have mine stripped it feels light. great bikes by the way!

Stevo210
    Free Member

I just don’t want to have to strip it to weight. Seams a bit daft.

glenh
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s mega light.
    5lbs ish?

Stevo210
    Free Member

You’d think Cannondale would list it somewhere 🙁

z1ppy

Cannondale say:

WEIGHT: Don’t see a weight listed for this bike? Wondering why that is? Well, we used to list our weights based upon medium or 56 cm frame and err on the side of caution when we know there will be variances due to welds, paint thicknesses, etc. But some of our competitors are weighing their small or extra small frames and rounding down. Then you’re left wondering what’s going on and making important buying decisions based upon faulty information. That’s not right.

200g’s less than the Ali version apparently, is all I could find, though I still can’t find the Ali version’s weight…

EDIT: Large Ali one weigh “around” 5.7lbs, not bad as a medium Prophet is supposedly around 6.4

Stevo210
    Free Member

Thats all the info I could find as well. If everybody just weighed their bikes and printed that we’d all be happy.
    Why not weigh each size, not rocket science!!!

neilneilorangepeel
    Free Member

As daft as it may sound, it’s entirely possible that they are worried about affecting sales by printing the weights. There are plenty of people that would make a choice between two bikes based on one being a few grams lighter, irrespective of which one is better.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The alu ones are quite hefty for their intended use, however you’d never no riding one.

I still miss mine and gaze at it hanging on the rafters with a lovely great crack in the seat tube.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Fair point, but still doesn’t help those who just want to know 🙁
    Damn you Cannondale for your sneaky marketing ways….grrrrr

neilneilorangepeel
    Free Member

Just had a dig around and found this:

Thats for an XL apparently

DezB
    Free Member

5.73lb then (http://www.speckdesign.com/tools/unitconversion/weight)

How accurate it is weighing balanced on those scales though…

Stevo210
    Free Member

Thanks for that NNOP, so what do we reckon for a medium (mine) 5.5 lbs (100gms less)??

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

The one i had was the same as the pic in a large & it was 6.6 lb on some park scales.

neilneilorangepeel
    Free Member

It’s not so much the balancing that worries me, it’s the accuracy of the scales. I’ve made frame measurements balanced on small scales and the results have proved to be accurate when compared to measurements taken on larger platform scales and Hanging balances.

With regards to the actual weight differences, it’s difficult to say. Any estimate is going to be a guess at best until you can get it weighed. 100g seems fair though.

amt27
    Free Member

didn’t C’dale do a Hi-Mod version? which maybe lighter

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Carbon Rush Frame Weight?’ is closed to new replies.