Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canyon Bikes?
  • Futureboy77

Currently in the market for a new road bike and these seem to be pretty good vfm (looking at the ultimate cf).
    Anyone got any experience with them or seen them in the flesh?

The blurb and limited reviews i’ve seen are pretty favourable but i’d like to hear from owners or anyone who’s seen one.

Any alternatives???

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Good enough for Gilbert and the boys, good enough for me.

They’ve just won a court case against Cervelo for cervelo stealing their technology, so they must be pretty hot.
    Supposed to be VERY stiff apparently.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Alternatives for top quality on a budget.

2010 stuff going cheapish, so spesh tarmac, cannondale, trek madone, giant etc.

new stuff – cube, focus, bianchi are resonable value. Boardman is obviously value if that’s your sort of thing. Depends what spec you want really and what the budget is.

My LBS built me up a ti frame with chorus 11 speed group for a surprisingly decent price (although the missus might not agree), so dont rule out a build rather than a complete.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve got a roadlite.
    It’s probably not in the same class as the Ultimate but I’m still extremely happy with it. Very well put together, pretty light, wheels were very well built, quite stiff. Very fast and climbs beautifully. It did take me a little while to get used to it descending, it’s quite a nippy steerer.

Absolutely love mine. And I bought it because it was much better value than similar bikes I could buy in the UK. I think about £1000 for an Ultegra equipped bike at the time.[1]

[1]Saying that, I got an email from them to say that the bike would be delayed by about 3 months because they had no ultegra ones in stock. So I changed my mind and got the 105 equipped one instead.

Not sure if you still have to get it sent over from Germany….

Ace of clubs by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

roadlite by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Futureboy77

Cheers Rusty, i really like my Bianchi but it’s time for it to go on winter bike duties! The 2011 Canyon with 11sp Chorus looks like a good deal and that’s pretty interesting about Cervelo nicking there ideas!

What Ti frame did you go for out of interest? My mtbs are Ti so it might be nice to keep them all the same! 🙂

Futureboy77

Nice looking bike Sumuri.

The one i’m looking at shows as available on their site. Still need to get it over from Germany.

What size is yours?

warton
    Free Member

My mate got the ultimate cf and he loves it, he even prefers it too his ‘dream bike’ colnago master. Not incredibly light tbh, but stiff and a great ride, really makes you want to put the hammer down all the time. I’m looking to get the chorus equipped one in spring

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

One of these Futureboy. £1k for the frame then built with an unused groupset pulled off a bike the LBS had that they wanted the frame from, and a fork that was brought in as a warranty replacement for a customer who didn’t want it as the graphics were wrong (Scott CR1 silly light full carbon).
    Only compromise really is the wheels which are a bit basic but kept the budget sensible.

[/url][/img][/url][/img]

topgunsteve
    Free Member

I’m reallly considering a Planet X, you should check them out, very similar outfit to Canyon but UK based (the same company as On-One).

Full carbon frame and SRAM rival for £999, or SRAM Red for £1200. Well worth a look, bikeradar rates them very highly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Bikes?’ is closed to new replies.