Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Chumba Racing bikes
  • druidh
    Free Member

Just seen a link to some of these

http://www.progressive-bikes.co.uk/chumba.html

Anyone ridden one, seen reviews, got photos etc?

Particularly interested in the VF2

nina
    Free Member

always in MBA Colin – have a look on their site or I could dig around in my old issues

soobalias
    Free Member

a proper 5″ ‘XC’ tagged bike

looks nice that – never seen one in the flesh.

druidh
    Free Member

Ah cool – I’ll have a look. They have a nice pic of a blue VF2 with Cobalt wheels on their website 🙂

Coasting
    Free Member

Ive got an XCL and think its a killer.Very well built,peddles up the hills with no fuss and comes back down just about better than anything ive ridden in last few years and its a singletrack assasin.Built up around 28 pd.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve just got a XCL and built it up last night. If I had known about the Importers XCL (in classifieds) earlier I would have cancelled my order (it arrived an hour after the importer had emailed me) 🙁

To be honest, the XCL is LIGHT- its roughly the same weight as a new Heckler. Just over 6lb. Bank holiday I might be up Glentress way Druidh if any good for you? Coasting how are you finding yours?

hitman
    Free Member

hora
    whats the XCL like?
    would be interested to get some feedback from you

hitman
    Free Member

once you ride it of course!

hora
    Free Member

The head angle is alittle steep to what I am used to (09 ones are slacker). I’m still trying to get my head round the psi/settings on the shock as well but all in all it rides great. hitman where are you based/ride? You can have a spin if localish. Im in the Peaks (Sat) and Lakes (Sun) again next weekend.

I also looked at the Commencal 4. I reckon you could easily run it with longer forks. I bawked at the Meta 5 (the frame is over 2lb heavier than my XCL!!!) and some of the reviews I read imply the 09 has lost abit of its soul over the 08?

hora
    Free Member

Ps. Lee Quarry this aft.

rOcKeTdOg

lost it’s ‘soul’?? you’ve been reading too much marketing b***ocks

druidh
    Free Member

hora – Member

I bawked at the Meta 5 (the frame is over 2lb heavier than my XCL!!!)

One of the reasons I’m interested in replacing my Meta 5 with a VF2

hitman
    Free Member

Hora
    should be ok to ride again in about 4 weeks due to injury
    I’m in Wales so if you get over this way at all might be interested in a brief go if thats ok

hora
    Free Member

Druidh, if I was in Scotland soon you’d be more than welcome to ride my XCL as well – not the same as the VF I guess but it would give you a good idea. finishwise it appears well made etc. I’m reserving judgement though for once I’ve got the shock set up right.
    hitman, I’ve got a Penmachno itch that I need to scratch again at somepoint 😀

druidh
    Free Member

Hora – ta for the offer.

hitman
    Free Member

cheers, let me know if you get over here

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Chumba Racing bikes’ is closed to new replies.