Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,702 total)
  • Clever logo… (well I thought so anyway)
  • nedrapier

I hope you can now see some new things tho. That there are people who see the world very differently than you. That to people outside of your shared consensus a lot of what you all accept as true has no validity.

Trouble is TJ, I don’t think you’ve really imparted much in this thread. I doubt anyone’s really learnt much from you about different ways to view the world.

“Some people are less susceptible to hype and the influence of branding/advertising and marketing. Some people to try to actively avoid the influence of branding/advertising and marketing”

Everyone knows that.

Was there anything else?

GrahamS

So, anyone want to have an actual discussion about the OP? 😉

GrahamS

Was there anything else?

I learnt his friends have a veg box co-operative that is doomed to failure by lack of proper branding.

donsimon
    Free Member

What was the original question?

DrJ

explain if you will why my assertion is ‘rubbish’

Maybe it would make more sense for you to back up your assertion with a reasoned argument.

On second thoughts, please don’t bother …

yunki
    Free Member

no.. no takers..?

so you scientific branding experts can only argue pedantry and semantics with Teej..?

what a surprise..

Militant_biker

explain if you will why my assertion is ‘rubbish’

There’s plenty of science involved. People try a marketing strategy, or new brand, and see how the sales respond. That’s pretty scientific in my book.

DrJ

so you scientific branding experts can only argue pedanticswith Teej..?

‘xactly.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

nedrapier

I think everyone deserves a pat on the back for what must surely be the fastest 1000+ post thread in STW history, if not the entire history of the worldwideinternet.

At what cost to UK GDP, I wonder?

crikey
    Free Member

TJ still a rockin’?

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EI_jHeBzw[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me why I want to throw eggs at Jamie?

Militant_biker

yunki
    Free Member

People try a marketing strategy, or new brand, and see how the sales respond

trial and error then..?
    ok..
    I get it now

Militant_biker

trial and error?

Trials based on previous wins.

nedrapier

trial and error + revised trial = scientific method

yunki
    Free Member

groovy

GrahamS

Oh, I also learnt:

– that you can say you don’t own something and this is literally true, even if you literally own lots of those things, because you didn’t say “any”. Literally.

– that you can be impervious to something, without being impervious to it. And it can have no effect on you as long as you are aware of the effects it has on you.

– that you can decide whether or not to buy something based on a brand. But that is not the same as being influenced by a brand.

– that the name of something and something’s name are two completely different concepts.

– that only an elite few understand the secret code that using a jaunty comic font is inappropriate for an undertaker.

– and even less people understand that red means stop/danger/hot. Because it is a secret language known only to artsy types (and me for some odd reason).

Any more?

Militant_biker

And

certainly nothing interesting..

Well, given that there has been a good amount of sensible discussion in with the nonsense in this thread, I’d say it is interesting!

Apologies if my ‘rubbish’ was a little harsh – I actually thought your post was just an attempt to relight the fire… 🙂

GrahamS

Oh another one:

– that ”mu” is not just an answer to illogical questions. It is also a useful answer to give to perfectly straightforward questions that reveal terrible flaws in your own logic.

yunki
    Free Member

I actually thought your post was just an attempt to relight the fire…

twas a little bit if I’m honest.. 😳

Northwind

nedrapier – Member

Trouble is TJ, I don’t think you’ve really imparted much in this thread. I doubt anyone’s really learnt much from you about different ways to view the world.

“Some people are less susceptible to hype and the influence of branding/advertising and marketing. Some people to try to actively avoid the influence of branding/advertising and marketing”

Everyone knows that.

So why did it take some people so long to comprehend it?

Ah god, I’ve gone and posted in the thread, why did I do that 🙁

MrSmith
    Free Member

I hope you can now see some new things tho. That there are people who see the world very differently than you. That to people outside of your shared consensus a lot of what you all accept as true has no validity.

you say that TJ but it lacks conviction, it doesn’t really suit the TJ ‘brand touch points’ and i don’t think introspection was on the mood board.

molgrips
    Free Member

So let’s get this straight. TJ, you think that you are in posession of some great truth, and we are all poor deluded fools?

Warra nob.

jackthedog
    Free Member

ok.. I’m not going to read through a gazillion posts of pedantic trite.. but I’d like a little more concise and reasonable version if you will allow it..

Right, well basically, TJ said that branding is pointless and not as effective as people make out. Then MF said that it is actually, and TJ said that it isn’t. Then I said something left wing, verbose and ridiculous, which got ignored. Then TJ said that it was still rubbish. So then MF said that actually if you look at these fonts, you’ll no doubt tell a difference. TJ remarkably couldn’t tell a difference, right, so what happened then is GrahamS said that basically you can’t separate the brand from the object, but TJ then took issue with this, right, so what he done the lad is he’s gone and said that what we’re doing, right, us branding types, is that we’re confusing a brand with an actual product and that he doesn’t do that, and that we’re failing to understand. So what happened then right, Jamie chips in, and the everyone goes of to make omelettes for some reason, but then we’re all like egg bound and that but we didn’t let it distract us from what the real point was, which is that TJ can buy stuff without paying attention the logo, or something. Then Molgrips came back and made some points about more stuff that TJ wasn’t interested in. Then elfin got banned right, which started another thread that was different to this one. And not as good right, so we all came back here. Then I tried getting the nazis and maggie into it, which seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Seems a bit much now but at the time, you know how it is right. Then Binners started posting bags of crisps which I didn’t really get, though I’m sure he had his reasons and it was mega funny at the time anyway. then what happened is we made a load more omelettes, for which, like, you know, as the saying goes, you got to break a few eggs, which is why eggs, so then eggs right, and then it was all like cos of the eggs, and Molgrips was all like no, eggs, and we were all, yeah though, cos eggs, and Druidh and ST were all giving it all like, yolk and eggs stuff right. Then TJ won the thread so far in a way nobody but himself can understand, but he did win anyway right, cos he did and we’re all wrong. Then Molgrips came back and made some points about more stuff that TJ wasn’t interested in. Then elfin got banned right, which started another thread that was different to this one. And not as good right, so we all came back here. Then I tried making a serious if again laughably left leaning point which was ignored, seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Seems a bit much now but at the time, you know how it is right. Then Binners started posting bags of crisps which I didn’t really get, though I’m sure he had his reasons and it was mega funny at the time anyway. then what happened is we made a load more omelettes, for which, like, you know, as the saying goes, you got to break a few eggs, which is why eggs, so then eggs right, and then it was all like cos of the eggs, and StillTortoise was all like no, eggs, and we were all, yeah though, cos eggs, and Druidh and ST were all giving it all like, yolk and eggs stuff right. Then TJ won the thread in a way nobody but himself can understand, but he did win anyway right, cos he did and we’re all wrong. Then Don Simon came back and made some points about more stuff that TJ wasn’t interested in, except for the time when for some reason he kept posting dots. Then Binners started posting pictures of dam drain holes or something, which I didn’t really get, though I’m sure he had his reasons and it was mega funny at the time anyway. then what happened is we made a load more omelettes, for which, like, you know, as the saying goes, you got to break a few eggs, which is why eggs, so then eggs right, and then it was all like cos of the eggs, and NedRapier and Clubber was all like no, eggs, and we were all, yeah though, cos eggs, and Druidh and ST were all giving it all like, yolk and eggs stuff right. Then TJ won the thread in a way nobody but himself can understand, but he did win anyway right, cos he did and we’re all wrong. Then you turned up, and asked for a recap, so I wrote a recap which I’m doing right now as evidenced by the fact that I’m posting this post that I’m about to post and will have posted by the time you read it, even though said evidence plays no part in the actual proof of the existence of this post, so don’t go getting big ideas, right. And then, right, in the post after this one, TJ just quotes the very small, miniscule amount of posts that back up his preposterous point as if they are true gospel, vindication of all he’s been saying, whilst categorically ignoring all the ones that were more considered and better thought out that didn’t align with his own view, whilst simultaneously accusing the rest of us of having closed eyes.

Egg?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

crikey – Member

TJ still a rockin’?

readin. Not arguing. I think I have shown what a great mass debater I can be 🙂

I thank you for

crikey – Member

Course, if we start not falling for all this shit, half of STW immediately become redundant…

No wonder they are all so desperate to make you understand how important it all is.

crikey – Member

………………..
    It’s a house of cards, its a confidence trick, its all style and no substance, in the words of Mike Harding, Fur coat and no knickers.

crikey – Member

As I said before, so many people have to believe in this shit with such great passion because if ‘the man in the street’ caught on the whole charade would come a crashing down.

GrahamS

So let’s get this straight. TJ, you think that you are in posession of some great truth, and we are all poor deluded fools?
    Warra nob.

Not now molgrips… We’re doing the He-man ending:

What have you learnt today Prince Adam?

Northwind

I’m actually glad I read this thing just for Jackthedog’s post. Very good sir.

GrahamS

Excellent recap. Can I have that printed on a Jack-The-Dog™ t-shirt? In a nice humanist sans-serif font, none of your Comic Sans. Any colour, because they have no meaning any more.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

I’m actually glad I read this thing just for Jackthedog’s post. Very good sir.

Indeed
    *doffs cap*

nedrapier

So why did it take some people so long to comprehend it?

It didn’t; I can’t imagine anyone arguiing against that. It’s common sense, people are different.

TJ came out with absolute statements that people rightly thought couldn’t possible be true, people got wound up and challenged him, then he floundered round, picked on the more weakly worded arguments and semantic points to respond to, gave no impression that he was moving at all in his absolute standpoints.

People tagged in and out when they had to eat, sleep or work, TJ carried on winding people up, largely on exactly the same points, and here we are!

Quite a ride!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Warra nob.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Molgrips,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

What I think and mean I have done my best to explain. No hidden subtext.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m with teej and crikey on this..

I’m too long in the tooth for snake oil..

GrahamS

But what if your snake develops an annoying creak?

jackthedog
    Free Member

I’m with teej and crikey on this..

I’m too long in the tooth for snake oil..

yunki
    Free Member

cunning.. you should change your name to jackthefox

yunki
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

There are more things in heaven and earth, Molgrips,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

And the great irony is that the reality is the completely other way round 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Then you turned up, and asked for a recap, so I wrote a recap which I’m doing right now as evidenced by the fact that I’m posting this post that I’m about to post and will have posted by the time you read it, even though said evidence plays no part in the actual proof of the existence of this post, so don’t go getting big ideas, right

Genious… you sir, are a genius and I love your work… please post more 😀

RustySpanner

So, just to clarify, NO ONE mentioned chickens before the egg thing?

Guess that’s solved that one then…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,702 total)

The topic ‘Clever logo… (well I thought so anyway)’ is closed to new replies.