Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CO2 Pump advice
  • ChrisSwansea
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m about to race for the first time in 20 years and would like some advice on a decent CO2 pump to buy?
    It’ll also get used for XC and trail centre days, so I’m looking at function over uber light weight.
    Can anyone suggest a good’n to look at?

Thanks, Chris

househusband

I bought one several weeks ago, primarlily for seating UST tyres on UST rims – at which it excels. I got the SKS Airchamp Pro from CRC.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these Innovation Second Wind Pumps the best of both worlds it’s a normal pump or you can use CO2 carts, very small & not a bad price too.

devs
    Free Member

Do not get the Axiom Excel thing that I got from Laggan recently. Utter pants. Froze up and would not inflate. Wasted four cartridges. Just got one of these in the end.

shands
    Free Member

I have ordered 1 of those second wind jobbies so I ll let you know how it goes if you like.

enfht
    Free Member

Another vote for the SKS Airchamp Pro

crispybacon
    Free Member

shands – I’ve had my second wind jobbie for 2 years & it’s the dogz nutz, never let me down & the tyre inflator site in my post above does the CO2 carts at rock bottom prices 😀

AndyPaice
    Free Member

all the non threaded cartridges on that site say ‘not for use with innovations inflators?’

good prices, but why are they not compatible???? The innovations inflator is great for tubeless tyre seating

crispybacon
    Free Member

all the non threaded cartridges on that site say ‘not for use with innovations inflators?’

Hmmmm not sure Andy I use threaded carts therefore never noticed the non-threaded problem 😕

PS the second wind pump takes threaded carts

johnners
    Free Member

I agree with devs – those tiny, simple ones work best in my experience.

ChrisSwansea
    Free Member

Just took a look at the second wind video on the Innovations site. That looks like it will do the job. Just hope I never have to rely on the hand pump for anything other than a top up! Found a blog post that said it took 169 strokes to get a road tyre up to a ‘ride home’ pressure – but hey, sure beats the walk of shame.
    Seriously though, that pump and a couple of cartridges should be fine for a 3 or 4 hour ride (as long as luck is on your side). Cheers all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CO2 Pump advice’ is closed to new replies.