Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Confession time, whats your most embarrassing favorite film?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

For me its Convoy, literally just watched it & it’s still great (in my mind), what’s yours?

Oh & if anyone asks, I never really, really, liked the best homo erotic film of the eighties involving an aircraft carrier, I can just recite it word for word for some strange reason 🙁

Talk to me goose… 😉

stoney
    Free Member

I can!

thomthumb
    Free Member

cool runnings

feel the rhythm, feel the ride, get on up, it’s bobsleigh time

ton

murials wedding.
    about a boy.
    love actually.

god i am a big soft shyte….. 😳

stoney
    Free Member

But my favorate is The Mask.

sharki
    Free Member

Watched ‘BIG’ the other day, made me happy for it’s duration.

sc-xc

Legally Blonde. bend and snap.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Tomb Raider.

clubber
    Free Member

footloose 🙂

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

To be honest, I’m not embarrassed by any film I like. Films I like that people might think should embarass me may be:

Transformers
    Final Fantasy Advent Children
    Dune
    Mortal Kombat
    Cliff Hanger
    Conan The Barbarian
    Clueless
    Demolition Man
    Aliens v Predator

…..and btw, I think Cool Runnings and Convoy were both very good films.

CountZero

I like any film where lots of things fall down, go boom, and any film that Simon Tooky, the Mail’s film critic hates. He thought Watchmen heralded the end of modern civilization. I loved it.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

err, One of our dinosaurs is missing… 😳

zaskar
    Free Member

Xanadu as the lead is hot and the movie is terrible as is

Sheena Queen of the jungle-blonde bombshell 😈

Bad movies but hot ladies.

jedi

magnolia

julianwilson
    Free Member

Kes.

MattEdmonds
    Free Member

Strictly Ballroom
    Love Actually
    About A Boy

another soft bastard here

theotherjonv

I get tearful watching Beauty and the Beast with my girls. Although they must never see that.

Belle is hot though…..

Flaperon

CountZero – I agree, Simon Tooky only seems to like soppy emotional claptrap with minimal explosions and lots and lots of touchy-feely character development. Ergo, he and I have opposite tastes in movies and I tend to go to watch anything he pans.

I have a very simple scoring system which involves taking the body count, multiplying it by the number of killer robots, and adding a bonus 10 points if it involves time travel. Witty one-liners are worth 5 points each.

Epic
    Free Member

The Big Blue. Best cinematography of any film. Ever. Ever ever. And it has Rosanna Arquette in it too 🙂

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Good formula there Flaperon!

🙂

sharki
    Free Member

goodnight mr Tom

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Epic.

That’s not the film with Rosanna Arquette in her undies is it?

Better bod, but not more fancieable than Patricia – I think it’s the giggle.

Epic
    Free Member

Oh, and the Breakfast Club. Very embarrassing that one. Am I showing my age now?

jedi

the big blue is a triumph of a film!

Epic
    Free Member

Oh, the things i could have done with Rosanna Arquet in her prime, and a pot of honey…

zaskar
    Free Member

I cried watching that sharki (read the book first) =_O)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I loved Amelie, when I thought it would be some soppy poncy crap. It was not. It was a bloody good little film.

I was completely blown away by Wall-E. Although previous Pixar offerings have been excellent, I did watch it with the mind that it was a ‘kids’ film. Is it ****. One of the best animated films ever made, and a bloody good little film.

I personally think Rita, Sue and Bob Too is a monument of British Cinematic History. I get some funny looks when I tell people that. It is, however, a bloody good little film.

Of course, I like yer 2001, yer Godfather, yer Bergman classics, yer Poklips Now, bit of cerebral ‘World Cinema’, etc.

But a good film is a good film. If it entertains you then it’s done it’s job.

Blair Witch project was utter shit. People ran screaming from cinemas watching it? I fell asleep.

cheers_drive

Top Gun
    Flash Gordon

Both camp as hell so were that fits with me I’ve no idea!

joe1983
    Free Member

I was looking forward to some good suggestions to stave off my tonsillitus induced boredom – but this is awful. I’d be better off reading You!

Edit – except Top Gun, Big, and Cool Runnings of course.

mboy
    Free Member

Kill Bill vol 1 & 2… Probably my fave films ever still. I know people ridicule them cos they’re way OTT, but I think it’s the depth of character and the bitterness behind each story that I love. That and I grew up with a mad crush on Uma Thurman which is still going strong today! Funnily enough my ex GF looked quite a lot like her too!

One film I used to love, but haven’t seen in a few years right now, is an Australian Classic… Priscilla Queen of the Desert… Just one of the silliest films ever! A film all about a load of Drag Queens on tour, can you get any more embarrassing?

Got to confess that when Love Actually comes on every Christmas (as it does) I sit down and watch it too. A bit twee, but it’s a very good feel good film that crosses all ages/sexes/beliefs/religions very well.

Still love the original 3 Star Wars films (episodes 4,5 and 6).

I absolutely love the Alien series, including even the silly but action filled Alien Vs Predator. The best one though is Aliens, ie. the 2nd film. Again, plenty of people hate them, but I think they’re ace.

And I have to confess (VERY quietly mind) to actually having enjoyed Bridget Jones 1 & 2. Sssshhhhhhhh… YES, I am heterosexual! I avoided them both at all costs for a number of years based on the fact that I am a man, but eventually had the first one forced upon me a few years ago. Shortly after ended up going to see the 2nd at the Cinema! Yes, it’s totally over indulgent crap, but it kinds makes you feel warm inside for some reason!

Confession over…

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Oh yeah, Sound of Music.

I was ‘forced’ to go with my Gran when it came out – even as a young un, I couldn’t deny I’d enjoyed it.

Alek
    Free Member

Erin Brockovich………….feel good factor for me.

But not convinced i should be embarrassed 😳 its a classic IMO

grizzlygus
    Free Member

“Big Beautiful Grannies Strap-on Fun Vol. 4”

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL! But Gus, those ladies are at least of a similar age to yourself, so it’s understandable…

terrahawk
    Free Member

Flash Gordon = ACE.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

those ladies are at least of a similar age to yourself

Cheeky git.

BTW I’m embarrassed about Vols 1,2,3,5 & 6

But ‘Vol 4’ is definite my favourite

footflaps

Vol.2 was way better!

Harry_the_Spider

Cannonball Run

jojoA1
    Free Member

Another vote for ‘Big’ and also ‘Forrest Gump’.

Not that embarrassed about them though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“I’m Shirley The Brave, I’m Shirley Valentine”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Confession time, whats your most embarrassing favorite film?’ is closed to new replies.