Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)
  • Contador for a 1 year ban…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Looks like the Spanish Federation are proposing a 1 year ban for Contador, citing that there was no evidence to suggest doping.

You heard it here first. 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-to-receive-one-year-ban-for-clenbuterol-positive

Contador stands to be stripped of his title in the Tour, his third victory in the race and fifth Grand Tour win.

donsimon
    Free Member

Not actually correct from the cyclingnews lazyfecks, the ban is just a proposal and might change, and there is no official mention of stripping the Tour. 🙄

warton
    Free Member

I think WADA might step in and tear strips off the spanish and UCI if it is one year…

jamesr
    Free Member

The next steps go something like this:
    Spanish give homeboy a soft one year ban, meaning he will be back for the Vuelta.
    WADA/UCI haul the whole thing off to CAS and we’ll still be none the wiser in six months time as everyone starts appealing against each other.
    Either way, any ban at all and he loses last year’s Tour title.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and the clean texan wins again

donsimon
    Free Member

Either way, any ban at all and he loses last year’s Tour title.

Good point, my brane faid… 😥

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

what goes around, comes around

aracer
    Free Member

The one good thing to come out of this for him is that he’s got his new employers a win without even riding a bike for them.

hora
    Free Member

He didn’t eat the ‘tainted meat’ that day…….I bet he was hoping by then it’d dropped out of his system more like and LOL that he nor his friend could recall which Butcher they’d bought said meat from!

Tango-Man
    Free Member

If he had taken drugs they would be in his system for longer than a day, maybe it was tainted meat as the amount found in the test was a lot lower than they actually test for? There really shouldn’t have been a ban

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Ban them all I say, then have Le Tour and all that with the boyos from the local clubs.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Tango Man that’s balls. The only acceptable level of clenbuterol in the body is zero. It is a non naturally occurring banned substance. They enforce strict liability. He had it in his system, he has to be banned.

The tainted meat story is so clearly an outrageous lie I’m amazed anyone is buying it. How can he say with any certainty “it was the meat guv”? He can’t, it’s straw grasping and nothing more. He most likely got it in his system by re-transfusing his own blood (supported by an alleged positive for plasticisers – evidence of IV usage). But that’s speculation, albeit much more feasible than the meat story.

The amount was not lower than what they test for. It is lower than some other labs are capable of testing for, thats a crucial difference. There is no acceptable level for this drug.

Stuey, you have to remember that the outrageous lie is standard practice for pro cyclists that get caught out: remember Landis and his testosterone boosting beers, Simoni’s cocaine cough sweets, Vandenbroucke keeping EPO for his dog…. I’m sure there are others.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m sure there are others.

Lance’s bottom ointment? (well he had to be brought into it somehow).

Stuey01
    Free Member

Oh I know the outrageous lie is standard operating procedure for pro cyclists. What surprises me is that people are stupid enough to buy it.

nostoc
    Free Member

I think justice would be a two year ban reduced to one year on appeal.

Followed by a validation of the plasticizer test and a two year ban for transfusing.

hora
    Free Member

I’m sure there are others.

Notice how Lance rides on a bike in the Tour?

Notice how Contador and Ulrich rode in the Tours- a sniff of cheat wasn’t there with them?

Still, people will always attack someone like Lance.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Yet another cyclist, who’s achievements on a bike look too good to be true, is caught doping. Strict liability…regardless of excuse.

Look at Contadors 2009 TT stage win where he beat King Fabu and then battered people up the Ventoux.

Following year he scrapes 35th, 6 mins down on King Fabu.

As for Lance, his time will come , dont know why people defend him, doesnt even come across as a likeable person.

Aracer +1 – bottom ointment (OK Lance!)

Tango-Man
    Free Member

@stuey01, who are you calling stupid.
    Science bit for Stuey01

hora
    Free Member

As for Lance, his time will come , dont know why people defend him, doesnt even come across as a likeable person

Taking its time isn’t it?

Whereas Contador’s collared within a year?

donsimon
    Free Member

Tango Man – Member

@stuey01, who are you calling stupid.
    Science bit for Stuey01

Plus thus the whole of the RFEC, including Carlos Castaño, who I can tell you isn’t stupid. Why have they issued a 12 month ban for Contador when others are given the full 2 years? Clearly Stuey01 has some info that he hasn’t passed on to the authorites, naughty boy!

FuzzyWuzzy

That ‘expert opinion’ report is flawed in that (as far as I can see from a skim read) it doesn’t mention the possibility of an autologous transfusion.

As Stuey01 mentions the more likely explanation is he was using clenbuterol earlier in the season during a training block, and also took blood ready for a later transfusion in the TdF (probably assuming the clenbuterol was all gone from his system). He then transfused the blood on the rest day (the optimum day to do it), which in itself would be undetectable (although it’s still unclear if plasticisers were detected or not – the UCI needs to come clean on that). Only because the blood he took was tainted there was still a trace amount that could be detected in his sample the day after.

If you could eliminate a transfusion as the cause then I agree accidental contamination seems likely as deliberately using clenbuterol at that stage in the TdF wouldn’t have had any benefit to him so why risk it. However I’ve not seen anything that rules out a blood transfusion.

thegreatape
    Free Member

A 1yr ban? What kind of thread did he start?

Tango-Man
    Free Member

All drugs will stay in the system for longer than a day, they can test, urine, blood, hair and they will all show traces of any banned substance, the amount found was so insignificant that it would not have helped his performance in any way, but, if it wasn’t performance enhancing then why would he take it, even if you swap blood the traces would still be a lot higher than he tested for.

As for Lance, if he was taking stuff then surely they would have caught him by now, they have been after him since his first tour win yet found nothing, even with the advances in testing, is there not the slightest possibility that he is clean?

hora
    Free Member

As for Lance, if he was taking stuff then surely they would have caught him by now, they have been after him since his first tour win yet found nothing, even with the advances in testing, is there not the slightest possibility that he is clean?

You should be banned for being perfectly rational.

warton
    Free Member

probably assuming the clenbuterol was all gone from his system

He wouldn’t of assumed anything, that blood would of been tested using a state of the art testing machine, however not as advanced as the one that found a 400th of what most machines find.

As for Mr. Armstrong, Contador’s another in a long line of LAs teammates that have been found guilty of doping. So, for arguments sake Lance is clean, but he WOULD of known that his teammates were doping, Its far to organized for him not to, he would of seen spikes in their wattage and performance, he would of seen cool boxes with blood in. so if he is so clean and so against doping why didn’t he do anything? answer me that hora

hora
    Free Member

I agree on that.

Whats he supposed to do? It must be depressing for him but if he stood up (ended his career in cycling) and came out against them he’d risk tarnishing the whole sport and for those others (like him) who ride clean.

There will be a fair few in the Pelaton nowadays (due to the testing as well) that are clean. Lets face it in every walk of life there will always be those who want to win/be ahead at all costs. Those are the dopers in the Pelaton in this case.

Hes inbetween a rock and a hardplace. He’d contribute to damaging the sport and with fans.

What would you do?

Tango-Man
    Free Member

You should be banned for being perfectly rational.

Cheers Hora 😆

swiss01
    Free Member

okay, it’s early so i’ll bite. usually i don’t as there’s so many experts on sports physiology and the like on these threads i feel a bit, well, superfluous. but, as usual, all this talk of blood transfusion has me thinking.

now me, it’d have to be said, i could be described as very expert when it comes to iv drugs and their administration (now hold your horses, it’s a professional thing). usually it takes me about two seconds to recognise if a person has had anything in the way of a blood transfusion or other iv in say, the last six to eight weeks. even allowing for the youth and relative health of these boys this should still be possible. plus, given the frequevcy of this supposed blood transfusing and the like, no infections, ever? i find that difficult to believe.

so, you say, they won’t be getting their iv’s in their arms because they show. good point, well made. ergo the site must be either hidden by the shorts or in their feet. even easier to spot.

maybe someone knows why the wada/uci etc etc are so rubbish. i’ve certainly never come across anything but it always piques my curiousity.

nostoc
    Free Member

19,000 cattle were tasted for Clenbuterol in Spain 2008-9 with no positives.
    If they were doping them, then surely they would have caught them by now, even with the advances in testing, is there not the slightest possibility that they are clean?

hora
    Free Member

Wouldn’t you inject under your balls, within the upper thigh?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I haven’t read the rest of the thread, but after reading that, I’m backing out of here quickly 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tango Man – Member

Marion Jones – tested far more than Lance – never failed a test, now known to have been sytematically doping all her career. Of course it is plausible that he was once step ahead of the testers.

donsimon
    Free Member

Contador, the yellow jersey winner in Paris first in 2007 and then in 2009, could be stripped of the 2010 Tour title. The only previous Tour winner to be stripped of the title was Floyd Landis in 2006.

From the BBC, and back to my pre brane faid position of the stripping of the Tour title is not for sure. In your face cyclingnewts!

FuzzyWuzzy

even if you swap blood the traces would still be a lot higher than he tested for.

How do you come to that conclusion? If he’d used it a few days before he took blood during training and transfused that it would be even further diluted.

swiss01
    Free Member

+1 for nostoc. the issue of cow doping irks me more than some teeny tiny group of road cyclists. who’ve been doing it forever. except greg lemond, obviously, who wud nevva. and may even be an incarnation of the baby jesus.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

For me they’re all doping. Road cycling will never be clean. Everyone keeps on going on about the new clean generation but it never arrives (or it does, but just gets completely overshadowed by the riders who continue to dope). Kinda gutted Contador will probably sit out the 2011 Tour as now Schleck will walk it.. would have been nice to see them fight it out, even if you know the top 15 have all been doping.

Still Vino should help keep it entertaining, even if he doesn’t get near the podium.

hora
    Free Member

He didn’t need transfusions. His Uncle took them then passed them on orally to him

gravitysucks
    Free Member

The only previous Tour winner to be stripped of the title was Floyd Landis in 2006.

Maurice Garin was stripped of his title in the 2nd tour in 1904. He was initial winner but then disqualified in the following December after an investigation.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘Contador for a 1 year ban…’ is closed to new replies.