Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cotic Bfe first ride with Pics!
  • Roblilly
    Free Member

Hi, I would like to start by thanking Bobalong for selling me his Bfe frame..

So, I built it up as a bit of a mongrel, it took me about an hour to throw all the bits on one evening so it won’t be staying like this. Points to note:- Valve stem/tyre logo alignement is bad, mismatched disks, bars are too wide, rear mech cable is too long. Forks are too long at 160mm

Bfe by Roblilly, on Flickr

ride into Brighstone forest an up some singletrack, the trail building pixies have been at work

tree down by Roblilly, on Flickr

Bike climbs well, a bit of wag because the forks are too long, running a 60mm stem and 740mm bars.

Then down some new single track, bike descends well but found that at speed I was chasing the front wheel on fast corners as it pushed wide, all to do with the forks agan.

Then up here

climb by Roblilly, on Flickr

Then more singletrack, managing to keep the front end in check a bit better now

Finally climbed to the top of Mottiston

Coast by Roblilly, on Flickr

Before a final charge to the carpark (about an hours ride)

heading home! by Roblilly, on Flickr

Pics all taken on my phone so don’t shoot me.

Will be changing to Sektors or Revs at some stage and the 160s will go back on my supreme 6.

Seat is also about 3/4 inch lower than XC height just so I can get of the back and move around until I get a dropper on there.

Cheers

RDL-82
    Free Member

Looks sweet, just finished mine, not took it off road yet, but it feels ace at 120mm so I’ll prob just wind it out to 140mm for the silly stuff 🙂

Roblilly
    Free Member

I think 140 would be perfect for most riding. 120 for more XC type stuff

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve had various forks on my BFe and would agree that 140 is probably the top end for general riding. 160mm gets pretty wandery on climbs.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Is that headset fitted correctly? Looks a bit weird in the bottom pic

jamesb
    Free Member

interesting the comments about 140 best as I`m wondering about reducing my Fox 150 s down to 140 as it can be a bit too sketchy on steering on leveller stuff

craig1975
    Free Member

i run 140 pikes on mine and wonders on the steep climbs, but a quick turn of the u-turn sorts that out…. 140 is plenty….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Bfe first ride with Pics!’ is closed to new replies.